• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins Recon - The Buccaneers: Opportunity Knocks?

servumtuum

The Owner's Favorite
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Indiana
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are having an awful season. 1-8, one win, eight losses.

You would think, if there ever was a matchup this season the Redskins should win...

Well, you'd get a lot of Tampa Bay fans to agree, not all, but most see a loss coming.

NanoBuc

RG3 could have a record day

Bootz2004

Best chance of a win is to ride Rainey. That blitz is going to overwhelm McCown. Gotta slow them down.

feeltheheat

here is the emotional problem i have with our game at washington: i have no problem to lose out to secure the TOP QB pick.

however, something inside me wants to light up this redskins secondary so BADLY.

real bucs fan

^I'll be hoping for a monster day from Evans, but ultimately a loss.

Morgan

I post a lot of "Suck for the Duck" and "Shameless for Jameis"....but really want the team to win whenever it goes out on the field. The track record for these highly touted college QBs has been weak when they get into the NFL. There are no guarantees....let the chips fall where they may. Bucs need OL anyway and DL and LBs anyway.......

Bootz2004

Kadeem Edwards put on IR. Didn't play a snap so I guess he got hurt getting out of his car on the way to practice. Who knows.

UbuntuBuc

Mental injury inflicted by Lovie Smith on a weekly basis since July.

Morgan

Bucs lucking out.....no polar vortex to deal with Sunday.

There were a lot of score predictions-more than in most Recons I do.

I chose not to edit posts with this Recon, BTW, so there may be some name references that get some fur raised.

Super K

High profile politically correct agenda team 29

Bucs 13

tbayfan

***skins 27
Bucs 16

Bootz2004

Bucs 17

Redskins 30

Corsair

Washington 24

Tampa 16

mdb 1958

35 to 10 Bucs.

YoBucsFan

REDSKINS 33
Bucs 20

NanoBuc

Redskins 31

Bucs 22

nybf

Washington 0

Tampa -3

Sir Isaac Lime

24 Bucs

21 Skins

Don't know why but I am feeling win #2. Don't ask why because logically we shouldn't be able to get another W this year, but its a gut feeling.

UbuntuBuc

Potatoes 38

Buccaneers 13

Sockapal

Yucs - 16
Redhawks - 33

Buc2

No contest

Bucs 13

Skins 37

Chebington

The Redskins had a bye week to prepare for arguably the worst team in the league. It'll show.

Washington 38
Tampa 27

Go-Bucs

I just picked up desean Jackson on the waiver wire for this game.

Skins 38, we have no one fast enough to cover Desean, 14 catches 250 yrds, 4 tds.

Bucs 28, McCown, 25-50, 3 tds, 3 ints, 2 fumbles.

feeltheheat

redskins 17

bucs 31

pewterpirates

Not picking the Bucs again. 1) We suck. 2) Even in games we should win, the refs seem to find ways to screw us (vs NO, ATL).

Redskins 29

Bucs 13

muscleCrampster

Refs have nothing to do with it. Skins are better coached, have more talent, and a better QB.
31-16 Skins
Desean - 160 rec yds
Kerrigan - 3 sacks

Apollo

The band plays on....and on....and on as the HMS Lovie continues to sink in the lukewarm waters of Tampa Bay

Redskin Potatoes: 31

Leeman... Err Lovie's Bucs: 10

Bonesaw123

Kerrigan...

Morris....Jackson...Garcon.....

Washington [insert characters] 31

The Jack Thompson era returns 10

Pewterslimsme

Washington Injuns 17
Tampa Bay Kemosabes 23

deuces22wild

Another week another game I'm not liking our chances.

This and the Panthers game are the only games left this year though that I think we at least have a shot in.

Final score:

Bucs 20
Skins 27

Calibucsfan

I'll second that. This is one of the games that worries me because it's winnable. The good news is, just like Atlanta last week, the Redskins are coming off of a bye so we are playing another rested team. I see this as a 17-17 game going into the last few min of the 4th quarter. Hopefully McCown will do what he does best and throw some picks at the end.

Bucs-17
Skins-24

Lil' Shorty

A number of games seem winnable as we are in the last half of the season. However, our defense will always get burnt worse than the team's we are playing. DeSean and Morris will kill us.

Loss

More...

That actually made me feel better...it sucks worse for them than us.

You know, every year, I look at some other team and say that. Last year was probably the first year where I felt like there was no worse team to be a fan of than of the Redskins. All the drama to go with the losing compared to no other team last year. But this year, there are plenty of worse situations than what we have to deal with as Redskins fans.

That said, let's hope their misery continues.

You know, every year, I look at some other team and say that. Last year was probably the first year where I felt like there was no worse team to be a fan of than of the Redskins. All the drama to go with the losing compared to no other team last year. But this year, there are plenty of worse situations than what we have to deal with as Redskins fans.

That said, let's hope their misery continues.

I was reminded of this last night when they pointed out that Buffalo hasn't played in a playoff game since The Music City Miracle. That was January 8, 2000.

Buc's favorite number is 17, they've landed on that 4 times so far. Last time they broke 30 was week 5.
Skins lately seem to hover right around 20. They haven't broke 30 since week 3.

A loss for each team in those weeks also.

So - Redskins best chance is not to break 30. :cower: I think this game is going to be much closer than it should be. 24 to 17 - Washington.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.