• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Blognostications: 2014 - Week 11 Redskins v Buccaneers

Blognostications

Blognosticator - fansince62

Stirring the Pot​

I see that new recipes, favorite meals and such enjoy frequent attention over in the Five O

More...

Last edited by a moderator:
Speaking on behalf of Ax, an all around great guy, and personal friend of mine, I can say that his unyielding optimism is rooted firmly, in fact.

The fact is, any given Sunday.

Gruden is 100% correct, that we are a handful of plays away, in each game, of being 7-2. Save, the vaGiants.
That he didn't mention that the reverse is also true, is far from dangerous. And it does not change the fact.

As for Tampa? I'd love to have a game decided in our favor before the end of the 1st quarter. My heart could use the rest.

But the fact is, on any given Sunday, anybody can beat anybody.

Ask Pittsburgh what happened when to Bucs came to town.

PS ~ Nice recipe. But you forgot to name the dish.

Very nicely done Al - and well-written to boot! I loved some of the barbs, delivered with love and a wink too.

Now - someone throw Gatorade on me!!!

Way to stir the pot Fan!!!! Beware the too many chefs that spoil the broth. Keep on stirrin brother!

I'd pass a thanks to all..but you know what? we're a community. sure...there are differences. we vocalize them. the mods threaten to ban. and then we press on. we each remain individuals and act according to our natures - and then gather round the virtual BGO fire to suffer/celebrate a common source of frustration/joy! season after season. year after year. warning: approaching cliche.....it's part of who we are and what we like to do. so thanks aren't needed. everyone already acknowledges an implicit thank you simply by participating!

The mods threaten to ban? I think you're confusing us with some *other* site.

In the immortal words of Gomez Adams:

Good Show Old Man!

;)

Great read! Enjoyed it immensely. I guess being one of the "older generation" around here, I've been up and down the Redskins roller coaster so often, that while I get emotionally involved during the game, a loss doesn't affect me as much as it used to the following week. On the other hand, when we win (i.e., Monday night Dallas).... the week seems a little less stressful. So some of my emotions are still there all week, my mind has chosen to "categorize" and "hide" those ones that may bring me down as I try to fulfill my purpose in life the rest of the week in taking care of my sister, my dog who has cancer and sleep during the day, while working nights (try getting 2-hour periods of sleep during the day while your dog is waking you up to go out because the tumor is pressing on his bladder... at least he wakes me up). In any event.. great read and one of the reasons I love this place.

On another note, I won't be in game chat Sunday as this is a game I have tickets to, so I am going to be in Maryland at the game. Wish me luck making the correct decision on when to travel home... they can't decide if there is going to be snow in the mountains on my route home Sunday night or wait til Monday a.m.... if it's gonna wait til Monday a.m., then I drive home Sunday night... if the snow hits Sunday night, then I drive home early Monday. Either way, I have to be ready to work nights on Monday.

Redskins are my team do or die.. always have been and always will be. They may cause me emotional turmoil at times, but just as I won't "put down" a dog with cancer because of a little inconvenience (he's not suffering, trust me) as some people at work have suggested... and I wouldn't have it any other way to thank him for his unconditional love and loyalty, I won't ever give up on the Redskins... and I wouldn't have that any other way.

HTTR and if I'm not around any more before the game... enjoy the chat peoples, I will miss being there, trust me... but I'll be around and reading once I get home and recuperate.

Last edited:
Fansince, once again you have come through with flying colors and produced an amazing piece of literate, hilarious, and insightful writing-you should consider writing as a hobby, I'd probably devour every word with delight even the parts that made me mad!

Oh, by the by, in answer to your inquiry I am both waiter-waiting to see what coalesces from this "New HC, some new talent, new approach"-and cautious emissary of the Gods of Useful Information dropping occasional bits of data in the hopes they help, and, of course, covertly scoping out those enemy agents of upcoming opponents to gauge levels of knowledge and confidence-or the lack thereof.

A final note: Bring sore and heavy misery to the Bucs. Heap burning coals of despair on the heads of their followers. Turn their thoughts solely to desperate hopes for a #1 draft pick via a thorough thrashing Sunday. In other words-Stomp their Asses!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.