• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Wr Corps question

SilentThreat

Ring of Fame
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Listening to the radio yesterday an interesting tidbit was brought up. I'm going to throw this out there and before you do this :yikes: hear me out and lets think about this realistically.

Is Pierre Garcon on this team next season?

No I'm not just putting this out there for shock value because it could explain a lot with the direction this team goes in. Leonard Hankerson was activated this week and has, at least to this point, been retained with the team. A lot of us wonder why? Well I found out yesterday that Garcon is a $9m+ cap hit next season. Posing the question, is Hank being retained a bargaining chip to push Garcon to restructure this offseason, or could Gruden and co. even be considering cutting ties with Garcon and riding with Hank and Roberts opposite Jackson going into next year?

I think a lot depends on how much veracity there is to the rumors of Garcon being unhappy with his targets and with Robert as QB. If Griff plays well enough to keep himself entrenched as our franchise QB going forward, and does it without depending heavily on Garcon, and THAT contributes to Garcon muttering more and causing more problems, then I don't think the front office would have a problem cutting or trading him. If he contributes greatly to our offense, he makes himself a lot more indispensable.

Pierre needs to shut up and ball out. Period.

First I heard mention of this scenario was by Chris Russell on 980, this guy is turning into the biggest 'theorist' as an 'insider' in the lineup.
He was adamant early on that the Skins would no way no how sign D-Jackson, so much so that he said he would resign his post if they did. I believe he actually did for a NY minute.
Some of his stuff is OK but boy, when he postulates, he comes on strong with it along the ubiquitous caveat that it's his opinion only.
We'll see but he does make a few good points with all of the contracts coming up and a top heavy portion of cap going to receivers that might need mitigation.

Yeah that's where I heard it but figured I would post it with a neutral orientation to take the fact that Russell said it out of people's opinions of the theory. He did make some good points about upcoming contracts and decision making which (not saying I think he's right) did make me start to think about things.

Garçon is a very good and productive receiver and that position with him and Jackson along with Roberts, Grant and add in Reed is one of the real strengths of the team. Add in that releasing Garçon next year only saves us about $5M against his $9.7M cap hit next season (which is the same cap hit as this year).Jackson has a very similar cap hit in 2015 so that is $18M tied up in two receivers. Now in 2016 Garcons cap number rises slightly to just over $10M and we save $8M releasing him before June 1. I don't see Garçon going anywhere next season but he could be trade bait or a release candidate in 2016 depending how things develop. His contract is up at the end of 2016.

so, just my opinion...let me put that out there before I get shot.

Who is going to replace him? Hank? Hank can't even stay on the field for any good chunk of the season let alone step up and become the guy who gets all the hard fought yardage. Moss is gone after this year, so is Robinson. That leaves us with Jackson, Garcon, Roberts, and Grant. That is pretty much what we need going in to next season if you ask me.

We take Roberts off of PR/KR due to not being able to lose a WR, we get a gunner back there, and we pay Garcon the $9Mil. I dont think that is that big of a tag for someone who plays as hard as he does and gets the production he does. He just set the receptions record for us last year.

Not disputing that. I just wanted to get the communal pulse on the possibility. I agree that I don't think we cut ties with him yet. WR is a position we are set at and the last thing we need to do is let go of a player in a position we don't have any needs in. Russell also said he wouldn't be surprised if we re-signed Orakpo at a greatly discounted price, so who the heck knows...

I remember for the longest time we had NO talent at WR. Moss was always forced to be the #1 because everyone was either hurt, or just sucked. I kind of like the idea of having too many.

I wouldn't mind resigning Rak at an extremely discounted rate. He probably gets that he is known as being fragile and non productive. Heck, it was his contract year and he got hurt with ZERO sacks...lol

Pay Garcon, let Rak sell himself...and get OL/DL/CBs!! That is all I want to see come thru the door free agency and draft time! No more salary cap restrictions...no more excuses!

sorry, ranted there for a second.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.