• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Skins Make Roster Moves

Two different matters.

1. Garcon reportedly refused to go back into the last game of our season. RG3 was not the QB then, obviously. I'm going to go back and look at the log of that game to see when he exited.

2. Garcon reportedly pissed at RG3 not getting him the ball when he did play last year.

I do remember one specific event last year where RG3 had maybe his worst game ever, and Garcon immediately took to twitter and wrote something like "Are you kidding me!"

It blew over then, but may be what certain reporters have been referring to lately about some players not being happy with him.

Fair enough. I think any athlete is going to have that reaction when a teammate has a bad game that affects them. That is an expected reaction of somebody who is trying to win the game.

Trying to say that it is a constant versus a game time thing, however, is making much more severe allegations that are way too common in modern sports journalism. There had better be a hell of a lot more evidence than we have to make that suggestion. Otherwise, we are no better than our favorite scapegoat, "anonymous sources".

His point is still valid. Sub-Mediocre talent hangs around far too long on this team and fresh upgraded talent is not often used to replace them. Yeah its hard, but everyone has a job and they're not doing there's too well
I haven't really seen too many middle of the road corners that are going for a decent price recently either. With the cap hit we have done well with amerson and Breeland in the draft and..well, what we can scrape off the wire or try to squeeze talent from.

I'm not sure why there would be any room to legitimately play the receiver frustration like it's some behind the scenes Garcon vs. Griffin thing. It is public knowledge that Garcon is frustrated when any of the QBs don't target him more often. Most, if not all, good receivers will always be that way. They work hard to beat the defense, they're open, but the throw doesn't go to them. This year, most recently, and quite publicly, it was with McCoy at Dallas.

Jay Gruden says Pierre Garcon was frustrated - Washington Redskins Blog - ESPN

Washington’s receivers weren’t too happy at halftime. It doesn’t take a lot of digging to realize why. The starting three combined for seven targets in the first two quarters of Monday night’s win at Dallas. Meanwhile, the offense had produced three points.

Nobody felt it more than Pierre Garcon, who had just one ball thrown his way in the first half (resulting in a 2-yard loss). In fact, Garcon has only had 24 passes thrown his way the past five games combined. This after being targeted a combined 31 times in the first three games.

“In the first half, everybody was a little frustrated,” Redskins coach Jay Gruden said. “I know the receivers were a little frustrated. I know Pierre was frustrated because there were so many things we felt we were leaving on the table. I ... put out some fires.”

Yep, early on in preseason everyone was wondering if there would be enough 'balls to go around'.

Great dilemma to have was the general consensus.

To the man, the feeling was 'no problem, all I care about is winning'.

Unfortunately that has not happened and guys are pissed, as it should be.

When the piss starts, there needs to be a target. It can be the QBs, themselves, coaches or a fly in the urinal, doesn't matter, it's a good storyline so we'll all hear about it.

If the O gets going and a few wins get done, most will shake the lizard, tuck it away and move on.

I don't know how big an 'if' it is, admittedly the D is average at best, some good games some bad.

Our collective 'whine' to date has been the offense and specials.

The specials are improving and I see no reason not to expect the offense to start in that direction as well.

All we need is for the defense to maintain a reasonable level of competence and not give up the 'big one' too often, then wins are quite possible.

The 'if' factor, as I see, it is the not giving up the big one too often.

Players, especially receivers, make their money based heavily on production.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.