• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Skins Make Roster Moves

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
For Immediate Release
November 4, 2014

REDSKINS MAKE ROSTER MOVES

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – The Washington Redskins announced today that they have made the following roster moves:

The Redskins activated the following player from the team’s Reserve/Physically Unable to Perform list:
WR Leonard Hankerson

The Redskins waived the following player:
CB Chase Minnifield

The Redskins released the following practice squad player:
T Terren Jones

Hankerson (6-2, 211) was originally selected by the Redskins in the third round (79th overall) of the 2011 NFL Draft. He has appeared in 30 career games with 14 starts, recording 81 receptions for 1,081 yards and six receiving touchdowns.

Minnifield (6-0, 186) spent the first three weeks of the season on the team’s practice squad before being activated on Sept. 22.

Hank ? Really ? With a secondary that we're startin back ups in, and being deep at receiver, common sense dictates you get rid of a corner that at knows the system to keep a 2011 draft pic that hasn't even started a full seasons worth of games. I understand that Gruden likely wants to evaluate him in game action, but who's inactive on game day to have him play ?

<-----Shakes head.

They've pretty much made these kind of moves every week. Minnifield wasn't picked up by anyone the last time he was cut. I'd think that the chances are that he won't be this time either. If he's not then he's still a part of the Redskins fringe group of players who get bounced around until they show they need to be kept.

I agree there's currently a great group of receivers on the roster, but they obviously don't want to lose Hankerson to IR for the whole season. At some point this season he'll get his chance.

Don't really care if they throw to him. Put him on DeSean's side and have him block.

Chase fan here, but he hasn't looked so hot.

Ryan Grant has disappeared since that one int he had taken away from him.

Moss has been active, but invisible. And Hank broke most of Michael Irvin's records at Miami.

I can understand the thinking behind it, and if nothing else, he can block for Desean.

Hank ? Really ? With a secondary that we're startin back ups in, and being deep at receiver, common sense dictates you get rid of a corner that at knows the system to keep a 2011 draft pic that hasn't even started a full seasons worth of games. I understand that Gruden likely wants to evaluate him in game action, but who's inactive on game day to have him play ?

Moss or Ryan Grant. There are plenty of active players that aren't seeing the field.

I just don't see the point of having 7 receivers on the roster when we're struggling in the secondary. Not saying Minniefield is the answer but I don't see how 7 receivers is either.

They might be thinking Roberts is having trouble with separation, too many drops, let him focus on specials for a while.

......or not :uncomfortableness:

I just don't see the point of having 7 receivers on the roster when we're struggling in the secondary. Not saying Minniefield is the answer but I don't see how 7 receivers is either.

Maybe he's earned it? Moss is likely not coming back next season. So how do we know what Hank looks like without getting him onto the field?

I don't believe that he's going to miraculously look like a completely different player, but it's certainly possible that the time off has made him realize how great of an opportunity he has.

After all of the training, money and effort we've put into the guy, it would just seem a little lazy to me to write him off without a look.

I do give the FO credit for at least trying. And I don't see a lot of risk here.

Last edited:
Roberts has been pretty much a 50/50 guy on receptions to targets throughout his career (53%). It's who he was when they picked him up and still is. Expecting anything different is insane - as in repeating the same action over and over and expecting different results...

Oh yeah, this year - 25 catches on 50 targets.

There's also a very negative rumor going around about Pierre Garcon, that was allegedly confirmed by another Skins player.

Supposedly, Garcon refused to go back into the final game of last season, much like Percy Harvin. The story continues to say that he's been unhappy with RG3's inability to get him the ball. And no, it's not from the Post.

I have no idea as to its validity, but I've definitely seen him express his frustration on twitter.

That would be a shame, Garcon was a beast in '12 when he was actually on the field and not too bad in '13.

That doesn't make sense...If anything Cousins wasn't targeting Garcon that often. Griffin and McCoy don't have enough playing time to even count.
There's also a very negative rumor going around about Pierre Garcon, that was allegedly confirmed by another Skins player.

Supposedly, Garcon refused to go back into the final game of last season, much like Percy Harvin. The story continues to say that he's been unhappy with RG3's inability to get him the ball. And no, it's not from the Post.

I have no idea as to its validity, but I've definitely seen him express his frustration on twitter.

Rumors
Sources

Come on, bro. We're better than reporting gossip.

I'm sure Griffin was unable to get him the ball in the final game of last season. He was not even playing after all.

I'm sure Griffin was unable to get him the ball in the final game of last season. He was not even playing after all.

Two different matters.

1. Garcon reportedly refused to go back into the last game of our season. RG3 was not the QB then, obviously. I'm going to go back and look at the log of that game to see when he exited.

2. Garcon reportedly pissed at RG3 not getting him the ball when he did play last year.

I do remember one specific event last year where RG3 had maybe his worst game ever, and Garcon immediately took to twitter and wrote something like "Are you kidding me!"

It blew over then, but may be what certain reporters have been referring to lately about some players not being happy with him.

Minnifield, Crawford, Thomas, Biggers.

When we finally move on from these waiver wire guys it will be a sign the team is on the rise.

It's not that the team has some mediocre performers. No team has great depth with the cap.

It's that the same guys hang around forever here.

Well...Richard Crawford signed with the Chargers :)

His point is still valid. Sub-Mediocre talent hangs around far too long on this team and fresh upgraded talent is not often used to replace them. Yeah its hard, but everyone has a job and they're not doing their's too well

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.