• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins Recon - The Vikings: QB coin toss

servumtuum

The Owner's Favorite
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Indiana
There was a lot of discussion among Vikes fans about Griffin and McCoy-who they thought they might face, and who they would rather face.

kyvikesfan59

Jay Gruden says that RG3 is "very, very, very close" to being ready to start, which means he'll probably start Sunday vs. the Vikes. IMO

that's better for us than McCoy starting. RG3 hasn't played since week 2 and is likely rusty. McCoy is coming off a road win vs. Dallas and

looked very competent under center. I'd rather we face the rusty, can-only-beat-us-by-running QB.

I think Gruden would be making a mistake by benching McCoy, but it might be interesting to see how Zimmer game plans for a running QB as we

haven't faced one yet this season.

mikenessfan

RG3. They gave away a gold mine for him. They need to know without a doubt if he is a franchise guy or not and the only way to do that is

continually play him.

nordicmarine

I like McCoy, I'm a Texas homer though. That said, RGIII is very close to being out of the league if he cannot stay healthy. So I'd run with

McCoy and RGIII should hope they run with McCoy to save him against our STUD DEFENSE!

mikenessfan

Yes if all they care about is a win this week then McCoy would be a better option. But if they are looking long term, which is what they

should be doing, they need to play RG3. A player who is hurt all the time isn't worth having a roster spot. Being a franchise QB you have to

prove to stay healthy. That is part of the deal too. So again I go back to my original post in that long term thinking then they need to start

RG3.

webbfann

Both. Start RG3 and when he gets injured bring in Pony McBoy.

wivikesfan

I still think rg3 is the better qb so I'd rather see mccoy

deen

Yeah id rather see McCoy too..If I remember right RG3 was pretty much the reason why the Skins beat us a few years ago and even though McCoy

played decent last night he is still a 3rd stringer almost out of the league QB for a reason.

I'd rather take my chances on a meh QB like McCoy instead of dealing with a talented QB like Griff even with a rusty sore ankle.

kyvikesfan59

Interesting assessment of the likelihood RG3 gets a win Sunday:

"Griffin needs to pull the plug on any talk of McCoy keeping the job by coming back and playing well. It

More...

as always...nice under-cover sleuthing Serv!

funny how homer fans sound like homer fans everywhere!

RGIII is rusty....but a rookie who has started fewer than 6 games...no problems!!!!

boy, it sure seems funny to me that Viking fans have the balls to talk shit on quarterbacks.

Who is under center now? Teddy Pendergrass?

I am continually amused by the RG3 can only beat you with his legs sentiment.

Bury-your-Head-in-the-sand.jpg

In years past this is the kind of game that we would typically lose. I'm including the 2012 season. Playing down to our opponents...We are 3-5 so we can't play down to anyone's level but the Skins have played better than a 3-5 record. This team has a lot more talent then what we've seen the last several years. An 8-8 season isn't a stretch for this season. I think Gruden is in a good spot with a win especially if Griffin looks good. Not so much if we lay an egg.
The Vikes sound a lot like us except we are getting production from our QB's. I think we could say all 3 Qbs. I like Cousins on the deep balls, Griffin out of the pocket and Colt for his pocket presence and decision making. Gruden needs wins and he knows it...Griffin as well. Gruden needs to know if Griffin is his guy. I think he knows if Griffin gets injured or plays himself out of a job. He has some depth at QB that can play at this level.
I know there is a bye week coming up. Also games against the 49ers and Colts. Starting Griffin now makes sense if he's healthy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.