• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

RG3 To Start at Vikings?

Thought it was a rumor that Twitter was running with. Wouldn't be surprised, but also wouldn't be shocked if it turns out to be false.

Ya, it's all over the place at this point. I just posted the link to NFL.com's piece on it in another thread...

Lets see if Gruden does an early day presser, because till I hear him say it, it's all still rumor.

Pftmz reported it...it's true

Pretty sure it was a done deal anyway. I would have preferred that it not be revealed via sources. I'm really tired of that crap. Let the head coach make the announcement when he is ready to. I'm guessing that as long as Tony "No means no!" Wiley is with the Redskins, the "source" leaks will continue.

Man I think Colt should get this one then roll Griff out after the bye. Coach knows best though.

Win4us said:
Coach knows best though
Yep, let's hope so.

Gruden is very familiar with Zimmer and Griff does offer the big gun factor against the Vike defense which is supposed to be heavier duty than the Cowboys group.

Just hope that Griff has his head on straight, doesn't get too wound up and tries to do too much.... be cool as Colt but at a higher level of performance.

I think it is good that Griffin plays this week, that way he will have a bye before the following game. I think it sets him up perfectly

Descriptive thread title please Al...you are a serial offender :)

Don't like it. Nothing really to gain. Give him until after the bye.

Nothing to gain? That's an interesting perspective ... not sure I understand.

Couldn't one just as easily say there's everything to gain?

If he is medically cleared, and Gruden has seen enough positive out of him in practice, why not?

Saw this yesterday...

Tarik El-Bashir @TarikCSN:

Here's what Darrel Young said earlier today re: RG3 returning to full practice: "I’m not going to lie, he looked ready two weeks ago."

If he's cleared and ready, there is absolutely no reason not to start him.

This could, if true, be an interesting test of Griffin's mobility as well as our OL given that the Vikings are tied for second in the league at 25 sacks of opposing QBs. The other side of the "get the QB" coin is that the Vikes are also second in the league in their QB being sacked with 28-thus also giving an opportunity test to our defense as well.

I read a stat that said they have beaten us 4 of the last 5 times. The 1 time being when Griffin broke off that huge run for the TD in 2012.

This could be smoke and mirrors. Gruden may have let the info leak out so Zimmer couldn't just concentrate on McCoy. So now he has to prepare for 2 different QB's.

Gruden has a lot to gain...so does the team. I want to see if Griffin is the guy. I know Gruden wants to know. If not cut bait and develop McCoy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.