• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Blognostications: 2014 Week 9 Redskins v Vikings

Blognostications

Blognosticator - Shi no Tenshi

The book on the 2014 Washington Redskins was written. This was a team that was a complete and utter mess. One...

More...

Last edited by a moderator:
I like it Shi. Good job.

I think if we approach Minny as if they are 6-1, leading the league in rushing, with a good defense, it shouldn't come down to a near heart stopper. Needless to say, Norval will be up for this one. So our D needs to be sound, aggressive, and physical.

Love to see Morris running a 2014 version of The Riggo Drill in the 4th quarter. With Robert taking a knee in the Victory formation.

Good job Shi..

Short work week might not be enough time to get Griff ready in Gruden's eyes so don't be surprised to see Colt take over again and perhaps deservedly so.

Either way, I agree, this team tasted the sweetness of a 'meaningful win' for pride and confidence, a flavor they don't want to give up.

Great write up. I expect Griff to be back and to run all over them like he has in the past. I think Reed is getting some confidence in NOT hurting himself, Desean is in superman form, and our defense just got a shot of confidence in their asses.

Minnesota should be a game we win. If we ignore the BS from Zygi about the name change and just go in there we should be able to punch them in their mouths.

I definitely homered it up a bit on this, but given the Dallas win, I couldn't see any reason not to. We get crushed at Dallas, this takes a completely different tone. I was ready for either angle :p

Always more fun to write with boundless optimism than boundless pessimism for me. At least for my football team :D

Side note, this says week 4...visual typo? :p

Well done...

I honestly think Robert was cleared prior to the Dallas game, but Gruden wanted to lay some ground work prior to Robert taking the field. We really didn't know what we had in Compton as a starter instead of a rotational / back up player. While it may be hard to believe, he could have been worse then Polumbus as the game wore on. Having pass protection problems to begin with, throwing Robert into the mix against what has been said to be the "best" team in the NFL could be disastrous for a QB getting his feet back under him.... no pun intended :)

Last edited:
Honestly, if the team is not fired up after that win, and the fact that every single "analyst" picked against them, along with laughing their butts off when talking about them beating Dallas. So if being a laughingstock in the NFL is not motivation for these men, then I do not know what is. I think it is though, and I think that showed in the Dallas game. Once Robert Griffin comes back, the team will be chomping at the bit.

These are my hopes, anyway. I also say let Robert come back after the bye week so he gets all the rest and reps he needs, as well as giving Colt some more time. You can tell the young man desperately wants to play, and he gave that last game his all. I worry about rushing Robert back since we are looking at the future, so by waiting until after the bye and having first team reps shared between Colt and Robert, you are easing him back in. Just my thoughts.

another budding journalist! nice piece SNT!

short week versus awful opponent. I'll go with awful opponent. Skins in a romp...that starts slowly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.