• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Are we a better defense without Orakpo ?

Fear The Spear

The Legend
Reaction score
The last time Orakpo was lost for the season, we went on a major run, to win the division.
This time he's injured, in his first game's absence, the defense has by far their most impressive showing of the year.

Mere coincidences, or a major case of addiction by subtraction ?

If it's the latter, then we can probably expect a similar ending to 2012, Orakpo's last injury, when we finished 7-1.

Finishing 7-1 here, means we go 10-6.......and without Orakpo,,,,,,,just like 2012.

Last edited:
the reason we looked good on defence was garrett outsmarted himself yet again, the pies averaged more than 6 yards a carry, broke several huge plays and only got stopped when they tried too many passes, our young dbs had some brain farts but also showed some promise. but we won because the cowboys coaches crapped the bed, we still allowed way too many big plays.

Yep, the Cowboys coaches crapped the bed Monday Night, just like they had for the previous six games.

Yes, it is inexplicable as to why they gave up on Murray and put Romo back in when it was going so well, maybe we can thank Sideline Jerruh for that one.

No one is saying that our defense is great, perhaps the 'plan' was actually well executed for once but the intensity and outstanding play put out by individual players definitely played a role in the win, can not take that away no matter how one tries to.

Agree, too many big plays given up, sometimes that will happen with a 'sell out/ aggressive' defense, they still managed regroup and make some pretty good stops when it counted.

Last edited:
I like to think we beat them instead of them beating themselves. The coaches didn't cause the fumbles or sacks. The coaches didn't cause desean to get wide open.

I think Orakpo is a good pass rushing DE who is miscast in our 3-4; think about Andre Carter in SF after they made that switch. I agree the Cowboys coaches suffered a fatal Martz attack Mon night.

I think Orakpo is a good pass rushing DE who is miscast in our 3-4; think about Andre Carter in SF after they made that switch. I agree the Cowboys coaches suffered a fatal Martz attack Mon night.
This is exactly what I think. I also think if he was put back into a 4-3 he would excel.

Let me put it this way. I think the Redskins defense would be better if we had spent the $11.5M on several players instead of one guy that is injury-prone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.