• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

3 very telling Redskins' Stats

GSF

The Starter
Reaction score
I'm usually not a big stat guy, but I took a look this morning and found something very interesting regarding the Redskins team stats:

Overall Offense: 4th
Offensive points per game: 23rd
Overall Defense: 13th
Defensive points allowed: 22nd
Turnover Ratio: 30th

What can we take away from this? The Skins have done quite well moving the ball, and at preventing other teams from moving the ball. Their scoring and allowing other teams to score has been greatly impacted by turnovers. They drive the ball down the field and turn it over, or they turn it over deep in their own territory giving the other team easy points. The Redskins are (-) 8 on turnovers after 8 games. Had they been around even they very well could have a winning record right now. If the Skins can clean up the giveaways there is no reason to think they can't be a very competitive team the rest of this season. It's going to be all about RG3 and how effective he can be, and if the oline can protect him.

Turnovers are the difference in the NFL. The Redskins went 22-3 in 1982/1983 and the plus 43 in the TO ratio had a lot to do with it.

We're money between the twenties

how does that square with one of the lowest 3rd down conversion rates in the league?

I disagree. I'm seeing this:

- the piece parts are there with DJax, Pierre, Reed and Roberts to mount a receiving game that will be hard to stop. it's going to be a beautiful thing to watch once the other elements of the offense catch up.

- the running game is there when ALF cuts and burns. he's looked a second or slow lately perhaps due to ankle issues. he looked like the old ALF in the second half last night.

1) the o-line pass pro still needs work.

2) the whole key...duhhh....turns on the QB. we still don't have much of a deep game. once the QB and o-line are in synch...then we have a machine.

almost forgot...what's with these pass plays behind the line-of-scimmage that take too long to develop? I get that they basically substitute for the running game. but for every positive play I'm seeing 2-3 bottled for losses. they take too long to develop.

maybe we aren't hitting that many 3rd downs since we are gaining so much on 1st.

Heck, we won last night!! KICKED THEIR ASS!!

maybe we aren't hitting that many 3rd downs since we are gaining so much on 1st.

Heck, we won last night!! KICKED THEIR ASS!!

we did win! kept falling asleep in an engineering class I attended today cuz the game ran so late!

and no...that's not the reason our conversion rate has been so low.

You sure?

32/96 - us
47/113 - NE
57/113 - SD
34/86 - SEA

Pretty much looks about the same to me. A few differences, sure. But this whole screaming from the rooftop about our 3rd down efficiency is just another reason to hate the team to me.

You sure?

32/96 - us
47/113 - NE
57/113 - SD
34/86 - SEA

Pretty much looks about the same to me. A few differences, sure. But this whole screaming from the rooftop about our 3rd down efficiency is just another reason to hate the team to me.

dude...you need to lay down on the sauce or whatever it is that you are quaffing at the moment!

did it ever occur to you that others can find joy in the moment but see reality differently from you? the semi-camoflaged personal attacks get tiresome.

your spirit is your own. draw the emotional lift for everything it's worth. it's inspiring! as will I....in my own way.....without interference....or armchair psycho-analysis/babble...or closet intolerance.

Numbers
Never
Lie

The stats are pretty much the same. You telling me to lay off the sauce then telling me to stop personal attacks is going to be ignored due to hypocrisy.

Numbers
Never
Lie

The stats are pretty much the same. You telling me to lay off the sauce then telling me to stop personal attacks is going to be ignored due to hypocrisy.

ok...since you've been itching most of the afternoon...I'll oblige. not hypocrisy. just seeing old patterns - speaking of stats.

numbers mean nothing. analysis means everything. as does context.

big mike.....enjoy your Redskin high! get back to celebrating! have a peaceful night.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.