• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

C-A-P-S! CAPS! CAPS! CAPS! 2014

Gulf Coast Redskin

The 1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Another season, another coach, another phenom rookie in a Caps uniform. So far so good & they have been playing pretty good thus far. I know it's early, but what I've seen at this point, I'm satisfied with what they have been doing.

They dismantled Boston & shut them out for the first time in Boston in 14 years. Then spanked the Devils 6-2 at home. They have 2 SO losses, but still got that much desired 1 point, even coming back from a 3-0 deficit to tie it in the 3rd & force OT & then the SO against an always tough San Jose. I'm excited about this season & my hopes are high, but my expectations are minimal, all things considered.

Tonight, the Panthers! Feel free to join me in my chant...

LET'S GO CAPS!!!!

For those of you who are opposing team fans :moon: :D

I ended up missing the game Saturday... shame too. Box score said we took it in a shootout. We're 5 games into it and haven't lost a game in regulation which has us tied for 1st in the Metro. It also seems that Ovi has bought in and he's lighting the lamp a lot.

Looks like we have been on a bit of a slide lately, been up & down a little. Ovie gets past Bonzai with the most points in Caps history, which is cool. I've missed a bunch of games recently, so I haven't been able to keep up with them all that much. Anyone have any early analysis for how they look?

It's been a conundrum. That skid we went on was very odd since defensively we were doing what we wanted to do. Limiting shots on net. It was a combination of untimely brain farts and inexplicably lucky bounces that caused us to fall but it looks like we've turned it around.

Did you catch the Winter Classic? What a game! Winning goal with 12 seconds left!!! Rock the Red!!!

Yeah I did. Crazy game to say the least. Jump out 2 - 0 early.. give it back.. then end it like that.... stunning

So, uuuhhh.....LETS GO CAPS!!!! Eagerly anticipating the puckdrop tonight as we faceoff against an old rival, the Islanders. Any predictions? I've got the Caps winning in 5 games.

Be nice to see them in the finals. Window slowly closing for Ovechkin...

Am I the only one thinking I've seen this movie too many times?

Am I the only one thinking I've seen this movie too many times?

I watched for a bit last night...certainly didn't inspire confidence, especially for a home playoff opener.

So now the rubber meets the road. The Caps have shown grit, clawing back to even the series and regain home ice, and setting up the pivotal Game 5. Win this one and your chances are pretty good to take the series. Lose it, at home, to go down 2-3 needing to win two to advance, and you're in deep kimchi.

We know what Caps history suggests will happen. What we get to find out tonight is if we're watching spirit-crushing reruns yet again, or new, original episodes where the final outcome really is in doubt.

Just when you think you know what's going to happen ...

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why I never bet on sports.

Feel really good for a lot of long-time, beaten down Caps fans who woke up this morning to sunshine.

Congrats Caps fans! I'm happy for the entire area up there.

The team really seems to have toughened up this season. Much more physical than in years past.

HoltBEAST! He was super focused tonight & it was obvious in the way he played. The rest of the team, seemed to take a few minutes to realize they are playing a different team than the Islanders, but they got it together & played very well. GREAT defense throughout the game & like I said, HoltBEAST! We only needed the one goal & I don't care how fluky it was, it was a goal that counted & gave us a 2-1 lead in the series! LETS GO CAPS!!!!

LETS GO CAPS!

HoltBEAST.jpg

Hell of a game and statement!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.