• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Wash Newspaper: Bruce, You Really Suck.

McD5

The Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Florida State
I'm not even going to name the paper, and this author is controversial at times. But is she wrong?

With the Redskins, it?s always clear whom to blame: someone else - The Washington Post

The day Bruce Allen’s taxi is waiting to take him to the airport, to be replaced by an actual football professional as opposed to someone’s son or brother, is the day you’ll know this team isn’t just another fan swindle.

Pretty harsh, because it hits close to home.

Well, you know what they say...Beauty is skin deep - but ugly goes clear to the bone :)

Personally, I won't waste seconds of my life reading her drivel. Redskins fans know what's what. We don't need 'professionals' to paint a picture for us that we are intimately more familiar with.

Nobody is going to take a thing that rag says seriously. They hate and hate and then hate some more.

It hits close to home because it's a shame our own hometown paper is such a tmz drama driven rag instead of real stories.

I don't bother reading that trash.

Explain, please, how Haslett could have been rehired from last year’s staff. He hasn’t had a squad ranked in the top half of the league since 2003.

Last season his unit was 30th in points allowed and 20th against the pass. This season, his “turned loose” unit has surrendered at least 27 points in its past four games and is giving up an average of 297.9 yards, once again in the bottom third of the NFL. And this is with the addition of Jason Hatcher and Ryan Clark.

I understand the possible benefit of keeping the D coordinator for a first year HC.

But is he really the best candidate out there? Or are we just being cheap again?

Last edited:
And what do you believe will be Bruce's top priority this weekend before kickoff?

Studying how to make the team better, or studying how many hands he can shake at tailgates in the parking lot?

Do we want a politician, or someone who eats, drinks and sleeps football?

while there are some nuggets of truth in the article.....it's basically a hit piece. there's no balance in it...such as the damaging cap hits for two seasons.

it'll be interesting: does Gruden have the kahunas or not to march into the FO and matter of factly state what he expects or he's outta here?

while I don't like what I see on the field...it's way too early to panick. get RGIII back in place and performing the role of a top tier NFL QB; let Gruden exercise full control over how the roster is built and his coaching staff. we'll know soon enough...if he keeps Haslett...Gruden more interetsed in loyalty than winning.

Why couldn't he take after his Dad ???

His dad operated in the pre-salary cap era and had, shall we say, a reputation for draining owner's pocket books-his consistent pursuit of veterans over rookies and a "win now" attitude wouldn't fit now anyway. Sure, he did brilliantly with the Bears, Rams, and Redskins as a coach but his style just wouldn't fit today's NFL.

He sure was a character though-he brought me into the Redskins fold after watching what he did first in my then-back-yard with the Bears then the Rams and then the Redskins (stealing a nice chunk of the Rams roster to get vets to shore up weaknesses in the current Redskins didn't make him many friends but it damn sure worked wonders for the Redskins)-especially since the Redskins had gone through 25 years of pretty consistent mediocrity.

Bruce's rep as an efficient money salary and contract manager show just how far that apple fell from the tree.

I've honestly never looked at Bruce as anything more than a quasi GM figurehead-operationally the numbers/contracts person-the head "bean counter"-with ceremonial duties as the token "We DO have a GM" guy filling a slot on the TOO for PR purposes-at least during the Shanahan regime. With the arrival of Jay Gruden the ball is likely more in his court now.

I've never liked Sally Jenkins' columns and this is no exception. She veers into the truth now and then mostly by accident (like Haslett) but like fansince62 mentions this is just a hit piece.

If my count is right she blames Allen for everything except for Ebola. She absurdly blames Allen for RGIII's injury and the fact we don't have another number one to plug right into the system when he gets hurt. That has been the biggest factor in this season by a mile. Just think, if Cousins throws 2 interceptions on the season instead of 8 we're probably 3-3 at worst. I doubt her column would read the same way if that were the case. She'd probably be blaming Dan Snyder for giving up draft picks for RGIII when Cousins is just as good.

She also manages to kiss Cowboy ass just to twist the knife in the backs of the local fans a little more. Take Romo and their number one CB away from her beloved Cowboys and I highly doubt their "synchronized rhythm of a drumroll" would sound quite as good to her. She and the columnist in Big D could go back calling for Garett's job and bemoaning the fact that Jerry hasn't hired a real GM. How quickly they forget. Season's not over though. There's still time to dust off that column and print it when the Boys choke....and have no fear my friends....they will.

There is a lot of work to do with this team, but I wasn't expecting it all to be fixed after six games. Allen will be judged in due time, so will Gruden. Can we get through a season before we start throwing everyone under the bus?

Back to your cave troll, and don't come out until you have something truly insightful. Till then I'll go back to ignoring you.

This is pretty accurate, regardless the source.

I' don't know that that's accurate at all. She has absolutely zero inside dish so how the hell would she know who has access to Snyder? Like always, she's so full of crap her tears are muddy.

Hog Fever and Counter Trey....well said, fellas.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.