• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

We Need A Bunch Of Starters. So Who Do We Trade?

McD5

The Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Florida State
It seems the general consensus is that we need several new quality starters next season. Far more than we can get through the draft or FA. So which current player or players of value do you suggest we trade?

Many are vocal that we need the following:

2 new starting safeties

A first round RT

1 new higher round CB

Possibly another starting G too. And at least a quality depth LB if Orakpo leaves and Murphy starts.

It's more than we can possibly get next year. So which player are you willing to trade that can get us a high pick?

Last edited:
Alfred Morris? Desean Jackson? RG3?

Or none of the above?

If none of the above, how would you suggest that we get all of these first, second and third round caliber type of players?

Last edited:
Don't trade any of those guys.
We need all the proven playmakers we can get.
The playmakers we have, just need a better supporting cast.
And we could potentially get that in one offseason of a full draft of high picks, and free agecy.

I'm with Fear... beyond Rak, anybody worth trading is needed on our roster. Rak with his less the stellar play can't be worth all that much at this point, but I'd take about anything we could get.

Trade Rak? This silliness has to stop. Nobody is gonna trade for Rak. We are talent deficient. Talentless teams don't trade talent for picks, they trade picks for talent and end up in a circle-jerk of sadness. Trades? SMGDH

Trade Rak? This silliness has to stop. Nobody is gonna trade for Rak. We are talent deficient. Talentless teams don't trade talent for picks, they trade picks for talent and end up in a circle-jerk of sadness. Trades? SMGDH

I'm not so sure that the idea of trading Rak is as far fetched as you make it seem. This past offseason, it was clear that he was a sought after player, hence the franchise tag. I would bet you money there are more then just a couple teams who would love to add him to their defense, and a couple of those wouldn't want him to be able to test the market. That being said I'm not sure how a trade would even work, it would need to be a sign and trade type deal? If we could turn Rak (who's most likely going to be a FA this offseason) into a 2nd or even 3rd round pick, why dont we do it?

Let's trade Kirk Cousins for a one, and 2 two's.
Alfred Morris for 2 one's, a two, and 2 three's. The two becomes a one if Morris carries the ball more than once.
Orakpo for 3 one's, and 2 two's, along with a player to be named later.
Jim Haslett for a 5 year old half eaten liverwurst sandwich.

Mmmmm... Liverwurst!!! I'm all in!

Don't trade any of those guys.
We need all the proven playmakers we can get.
The playmakers we have, just need a better supporting cast.
And we could potentially get that in one offseason of a full draft of high picks, and free agecy.

That's not realistic. Very optimistic, but not realistic.

RT.....many want to use our first rounder. For the sake of discussion, first rounder gone.

FS......unless you want to gamble on a 4th or 5th rounder really starting for five years, better use that second. Second gone.

SS, another O-lineman.......there goes our third rounder.

Cornerback......Hopefully Hall returns back to 100%. Even if he does, if either Breeland or Amerson get injured, do you really want to start Crawford or Minnifield? So use a 4th on the corner? And hope we hit?

And 5th through 7th praying for some miracle to happen on the O-line? Do we really believe we will find a starting O-lineman in the 5th to 7th? Plus possibly a backup TE too.

That sounds at least to me, incredibly ambitious. If we really want 5 guys in the first three rounds, someone probably has to go.

That's not realistic. Very optimistic, but not realistic.

RT.....many want to use our first rounder. For the sake of discussion, first rounder gone.

FS......unless you want to gamble on a 4th or 5th rounder really starting for five years, better use that second. Second gone.

SS, another O-lineman.......there goes our third rounder.

Cornerback......Hopefully Hall returns back to 100%. Even if he does, if either Breeland or Amerson get injured, do you really want to start Crawford or Minnifield? So use a 4th on the corner? And hope we hit?

And 5th through 7th praying for some miracle to happen on the O-line? Do we really believe we will find a starting O-lineman in the 5th to 7th? Plus possibly a backup TE too.

That sounds at least to me, incredibly ambitious. If we really want 5 guys in the first three rounds, someone probably has to go.

By the looks of things were going to have a high first round pick. Early mock ups list us at pick 5 (it makes me want to vomit saying that, but it's reality). TB is projected to be the only team picking ahead of us that is in need of a QB so a draft day trade to move down in the 1st and add some picks could be a very realistic possibility. Obviously these are projections, but the possibility is absolutely there that someone would want to move up to go after someone like Winston or Gurley if they fall to us...

I say, we win the next three, then reassess.

Shoot, the next 4. We have Tenn, @ Dal, @ Minn, bye, vs TB. Optimistic but possible to take 3, and the Dal game is always a wild card.

Shoot, the next 4. We have Tenn, @ Dal, @ Minn, bye, vs TB. Optimistic but possible to take 3, and the Dal game is always a wild card.
Oh, I agree. I just used the bye week cut off since that would likely be a better time to start talking about the 2035 draft.

4-5 at the bye would dramatically change the outlook around the team, and it's wobbly kneed fan base.

Would set the table for an exciting Nov-Dec.

I'm not so sure that the idea of trading Rak is as far fetched as you make it seem. This past offseason, it was clear that he was a sought after player, hence the franchise tag. I would bet you money there are more then just a couple teams who would love to add him to their defense, and a couple of those wouldn't want him to be able to test the market. That being said I'm not sure how a trade would even work, it would need to be a sign and trade type deal? If we could turn Rak (who's most likely going to be a FA this offseason) into a 2nd or even 3rd round pick, why dont we do it?

Let's trade Kirk Cousins for a one, and 2 two's.
Alfred Morris for 2 one's, a two, and 2 three's. The two becomes a one if Morris carries the ball more than once.
Orakpo for 3 one's, and 2 two's, along with a player to be named later.
Jim Haslett for a 5 year old half eaten liverwurst sandwich.

Its great to see these two posts side by side. It shows the level of pure insanity that this fanbase has been driven to. ST I love your passion, but seriously? Each and every friggin year we resort to this type of banter... What if we... blah blah blah.

What if we
A.) get help with talent evaluation and decision making in the personnel department.
B.) find a competent defensive coaching staff.
C.) draft, then lockup and retain any actual talent we are lucky enough to find.

That's about as far fetched as trading players making $12mil a year for years and years of raw talent.

WTF do you mean, insane.

A 5 year old half eaten liverwurst sandwich might be a high price for a team to pay. But good Gawd man!
They'd be getting Jim ****ing Haslett!

By the looks of things were going to have a high first round pick. Early mock ups list us at pick 5 (it makes me want to vomit saying that, but it's reality). TB is projected to be the only team picking ahead of us that is in need of a QB so a draft day trade to move down in the 1st and add some picks could be a very realistic possibility. Obviously these are projections, but the possibility is absolutely there that someone would want to move up to go after someone like Winston or Gurley if they fall to us...

That's a possibility, as long as the unthinkable doesn't happen.

If Griff goes down again with a knee injury, we may be considering using that first on a QB.

Way too early to speculate, but it seems we have more needs than picks.

Don't see Rak being traded. Who would want to pick up remainder of his contract? Most teams will wait until next year when he is a FA.

I don't know. We've had bye beat the snot out us the last few seasons.

Its great to see these two posts side by side. It shows the level of pure insanity that this fanbase has been driven to. ST I love your passion, but seriously? Each and every friggin year we resort to this type of banter... What if we... blah blah blah.

What if we
A.) get help with talent evaluation and decision making in the personnel department.
B.) find a competent defensive coaching staff.
C.) draft, then lockup and retain any actual talent we are lucky enough to find.

That's about as far fetched as trading players making $12mil a year for years and years of raw talent.

IF, and that's a HUGE IF it's even within the rules of the CBA to move Rak, I honestly would support trading him and eating the remainder of the franchise tag. I'm with you. Talent evaluation and decision making is a struggle we've had and this could be one of those moves that in 2015 makes more sense. If the F.O. has no plans on re-signing Rak, letting him walk is just another chapter of the "no return on investment" soap opera we have all been so frustrated with. Get something for someone we spent a 1st round pick on for a change. Get value for talent.

My comment was a pure hypothetical. If i had my 'druthers' your second point of finding a competent defensive coaching staff would be addressed, and we would bring someone in who would turn Orakpo into a beast. Problem is I dont think Rak wants to sign here, and especially doesn't want to sign here for less then top 5 LB money (which he does not deserve). All of my points were based on the idea that he's going to walk away and we literally see him go somewhere for NOTHING.

As far as 3 goes.. That's part of it. If you can turn a 'talented' LB in, essentially, the last year of his contract into an additional draft pick, then we need to try that. Not to mention if we can make it happen, then WE have part of the decision making process as to where he lands. My biggest fear is we let him go (which i support) and he signs with the Giants, turning into a pro-bowl pass rusher.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.