• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

We Need A Bunch Of Starters. So Who Do We Trade?

Griffin looked very good prior to getting hurt.

Talking to a co-worker of mine today, and he's convinced that Robert's injury wasn't as 'freak' as we had originally hoped. He believes that Griff was trying to protect his right knee which was putting added stress on his left leg, namely his ankle, which caused it to dislocate. Not necessarily just on that play, but over the course of his rehab. The guy is a pretty established as a soccer coach/assistant so he's not green in the field of sports related injuries. He said Griff wont ever be fully healthy until he's 100% confident in the knee, as well as in himself. Not saying I totally agree with him, but his theory might be sound.

I know when I fractured my right ankle I ended up hurting my left one because I over compensated for everything. That could be the issue. I still think the turf has something to do with it as well.

I know when I fractured my right ankle I ended up hurting my left one because I over compensated for everything. That could be the issue. I still think the turf has something to do with it as well.

I know exactly what you mean. I trashed my right knee some 30 odd years ago, and due to the extent of the damage, I overcompensated through my left leg to the extent I now need my left knee and hip to be replaced. Hopefully, if that ever happens, there will be less stress on my left ankle!

Maybe Griff will have some hightops developed with full ankle support, it will become the next 'fad' in football...... black high top cleats
Johnny Unitas.jpg

Okay saying we let Rak walk do we get a compensation pick? Or is that depending on who we sign in FA as well?

For the record I say cut bait unless he comes with a Walmart discount.

Okay saying we let Rak walk do we get a compensation pick? Or is that depending on who we sign in FA as well?

For the record I say cut bait unless he comes with a Walmart discount.
Doubtful the way this organization works. Yes because it's depending on who gets signed.

Frankly, the only position on the team where one could argue that we have depth is at WR.

DeJax could fetch at least two starters on the o-line alone.

I can hear the the excuses for next year after we draft 'can't miss' rookies: "Well, they're only rookies. They need time to develop. It could take two or three years."

In the meantime, we'll continue to set records in ineptness.

Dan's got a great system. Every four years, you rinse and repeat.

Frankly, I think the game on Sunday is the franchise's most important in two years. If we lose, I'm guess home attendance plummets...and, loss of revenue is the only thing the Danny understands.

Come on man, we can't take LITERALLY the most TALENTED and impactful person on offense and trade them away. He's one of the few bright spots we have on the team right now. We've got talent in other places, but week in and week out, Jackson has impacted the game in some form.

yes, yes. Dan Snyder is doing all things bad with the Redskins and anything good that happens should be praised to Gibbs or traded away immediately.

People want us to have talent and then get mad and want to get rid of them once we do have that. We are deep at receiver...period. its a good thing. You dont trade away the only deep threat you've had in years for what might be.

Griffin looked very good prior to getting hurt.

I hate arguiing with ya...so know that this comes with lots of "like" in advance :)

that's not what I remember. What I recall was not a lot of reps in pre-season to tell and then one game. he looked solid to me but still not reading fast enough in the pocket. I recall a lot of press (and seeing) many open receivers he missed. when Cousins got in there you could see the difference - until, of course, pressure led him into poorly thrown balls...multiple times.

I hold firmly, even when criticizing him, that RG will get it and become our franchise QB. the maturation process is taking a bit longer than I expected/hoped.

break break

I wouldn't trade DJax. He's our first bona fide deep threat in years. I just think the offense needs to adjust to his limitations. also, every time he goes across the middle....he looks like he's getting crunched. he's an injury prone player.

Gruden acknowledges quite often that Djax is a little guy, the trickeration plays where he gets crunched is probably someone missing a key block 'cause Djax is pretty good at getting down if he knows it's coming.

Come on man, we can't take LITERALLY the most TALENTED and impactful person on offense and trade them away. He's one of the few bright spots we have on the team right now. We've got talent in other places, but week in and week out, Jackson has impacted the game in some form.

Not advocating a trade, but you can take your most productive player and trade them when you're not a good team. Look what Dallas did when they traded Herschel.

Not advocating a trade, but you can take your most productive player and trade them when you're not a good team. Look what Dallas did when they traded Herschel.
I would understand if we hadn't just signed him this offseason and if we had nothing else in the way of talent. We are not as far away as people want to act like we are

We are not as far away as people want to act like we are

sorry...I had to laugh at that one.

we've been hearing that since 1993.

we aren't dregs. but I'd sit on the "not far away" theme were I you. there is no factual basis whatsover for that claim.

close...far...are kinda irrelevant at this point. I'd settle for a win against the Titans and a change of outlook in the locker room.

cmon Skins...kick some arse this weekend! we're all tired of this on-field nonsense.

I would understand if we hadn't just signed him this offseason and if we had nothing else in the way of talent. We are not as far away as people want to act like we are

We really are, D...

Someone call an exorcist. I'm starting to agree with FS and El. I think we are a ways away, with one caveat.

Robert Griffin the Third.

He can be a rising tide that carries the rest of the team. We're not that different from most teams in the NFL. If you replace Brees with Cousins, I think the Saints stink. Replace Rodgers with Cousins, same stinkiness. And so on. There are a few teams that are built really, REALLY solidly, but for the most part, most teams are incredibly dependent on their QB to make everything work. The QB by and large makes everyone look better or worse in this league.

I'm concerned about Griffin's health, of course. But he has shown he is the ultimate difference maker for this team, and I remain confident he can be again.

Let's trade talent for unproven draft pick and "stars" other teams are willing to get rid of................where's the twilight zone music. Keep our key pieces and build the right way, this idea that some super trade elevates us to super bowl contention is not only ludicrous but speaks of a fantasy football mentality. We shed Rak's contract next year, have a full complimentary of draft picks and some cash for FA to maybe pick up a couple starters and good depth. We went through the cap penalty and Shanny's ignorance of talent, yay we got Reed(Mr.Glass) and AMO, who else in the 4 years he was here was worth a damn. This reminds me of 04 when Gibbs came back, the team was in such piss poor shape talent wise that first year the fact we managed to even be remotely be competitive was remarkable. The first agenda item should be getting Wade to come coach D and enjoy time with his son, strong family history there, Wade will come.

Cousins is ranked number 10 in passing yards and didnt even play the first game of the season. The Redskins offense as a whole is ranked no. 5 in passing yards. Yeah you can make the argument that we've been behind, but the offense still needs to execute. This isn't a justification for Cousins as much as it's an indication that this offense has the ability to score points. We're averaging 22.7 pts a game with our backup QB and a struggling run game. Our defense absolutely needs addressing, and I wont dispute that... but the offense has talent, and has shown the ability to execute. I also understand it's skewed because of the Jacksonville game but were STILL averaging 18.2 PPG over the other 5 games which includes games against 4 top 15 (based on PPG against) defenses. 22 points a game ranks us 21 but top 10 teams are at 26 PPG. That's 5 points. If we can get Alf going, and Griff can come back healthy.. we've got the serious ability to be a top 10 scoring offense in this league. THAT is not inept. We finally have a legitimate threat that can possibly score every time he touches the football.

The defense is inexusable right now..... I understand that, I agree with it, something has to change there. If I'm Gruden, I seriously consider making a change at DC over the Bye week. If there is going to be a change, don't delay it. Use this season to gain live fire reps for young players in a 'new' system.

That all being said, I still don't think were a dumpster fire. We've got talented, valuable pieces in key places and need to address others. We won the freaking division 2 years ago. I dont care HOW good a coach could POSSIBLY be, talent is required to win 7 in a row and win the division in the NFL. A talentless team cannot pull that off.

Cousins watched too many Romo highlights on "how to give away a game" for my taste, he's what he was drafted to be, a backup.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.