• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Something Positive

SilentThreat

Ring of Fame
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Something Positive Redskins Style

Inspired by Fear I wanted to start this.

Anne's blognostication shared this little nugget.

The Redskins are 5th in passing offense this season.... 5th! With a makeshift line and a 'backup' qb, I'd say that's a positive.

Last edited:
Desean has been making the deep ball fun. It's nice to see the field stretched and big plays happen.

The bogus (arguably criminal) cap penalty is over, so we'll have a full complement of cap space AND full slate of draft picks heading into Jay Gruden's second year. With a year of getting his NFL head coach legs under him, he will be in solid position to significantly upgrade in key areas.

Frank Kearse has been hustling his ass off, making plays.

Our special teams speed has improved with the addition of future star, Greg Ducre.

Santana will be well rested when he gets into a game, Pierre got a good yank on Sherman's locks (probably what he and Trent were laughing about after the game), Griff looks good doing the two step and the season is not over by any means.

I got this in the mail today

2014-10-09 08.47.29 2.jpg

Haslett has done what he can with the tools he has. We have never been deep at CB, our safeties consist of Clark (old) and a rotating door of players.

I am not a hater of him.

If you guys are going to have a positive Redskins thread, I'd suggest not mentioning Haslett :)

I like Gruden's style and open honesty. It's very refreshing. I see that as a major positive.

Jim Haslett.

There.

Now you're forced to say something nice about him.

I bet we set a franchise record for sacks in a game. Haslett specializes in taking advantage of third string QB's.

Kirk Cousins is a solid QB who is young and mistake prone. He may not be a super star, world moving QB...but the kid is solid. I think he could be every bit as good as Joe Flacco and Andy Dalton given the chance...meaning the same surrounding talent. We have a good backup QB.

Oh and this...Griffin was dancing Monday night before the game.

Geri (1 of 4).jpgGeri (2 of 4).jpgGeri (3 of 4).jpgGeri (4 of 4).jpg

I was wrong in my assessment that Robert was done for the season.

I'll go for two...

Hatcher has been a very good pickup, the guy is a difference maker inside.

And Haslett, yes I have positive Haslett spin. The upside of his craptacular year is that it leaves no question and we'll FINALLY be getting a new DC next year. :)

Kerrigan is a stud. Plus the fact that he does the HBK pose after a sack cements it for me.

My positive thoughts are as such...

It's Friday & the Redskins aren't playing today?

J/k

Kerrigan is a beast. Cousins isn't a bad QB, but better coming off the bench cold. Some people are just built to be back-ups. DeSean is proving why we needed him to stretch the field. All in all, tho we are 1-4 at this point & there are areas of need/concern, it's not as bad as it seems.

My positive thoughts are as such...

It's Friday & the Redskins aren't playing today?

J/k

Kerrigan is a beast. Cousins isn't a bad QB, but better coming off the bench cold. Some people are just built to be back-ups. DeSean is proving why we needed him to stretch the field. All in all, tho we are 1-4 at this point & there are areas of need/concern, it's not as bad as it seems.

Grossman-itis. I actually heard a local radio show (I want to say it was Cooley) who said Grossman had the same type of success off the bench because they are out there simply reading and reacting. They're looking for what defenses are giving them instead of game planning all week for what they THINK the defense will give them. Then when they don't it throws a monkey wrench into the whole situation, and they start thinking too much and forcing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.