• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Something Positive

Losing to Arizona, Seattle, Philly and Texans isn't that hard to swallow for most any team. We aren't that bad all things considered but a loss is a loss losing to the Giants however is troubling. We don't get to play Jax every week. I'm guessing the Titan's might be in for a hard day at the office on Sunday. Someone's will get blown up by this offense this season.

The reality is there has been growth on this team...across the board, except several key positions. And even in the secondary having a rookie CB go up against the best WR in the last decade, he showed signs of getting better. Toward the end of the game, he was making adjustments and defending Fitz better.

We simply have deficits across the board that are too glaring to overcome and need to be addressed through the draft in the 1st and 2nd rounds...using the later rounds to build up our depth. It will likely take a few more years to get us to a point we can be pleased with the total product on the field. Problem is...I am not sure I can hold out that much longer. I am tiring...deeply!

I get it! Enforce a "positive thread" with a personal attack!

Buzz killer! I love it! Clever spin on the War on Fantasy!

In the event, enjoy your day Forest!

Just a joke, Fan. I wasn't attacking you. Was just being funny. Or trying to.

And being positive (or trying to find positives) in this disappointment of a season is not "fantasy". There's just a time & place for "realistic" PoV & this thread shouldn't be it. There has to be a sanctuary apart from all the negative & realistic spin. This should be it.

Now, smile & have a great day. :D

Just a joke, Fan. I wasn't attacking you. Was just being funny. Or trying to.

And being positive (or trying to find positives) in this disappointment of a season is not "fantasy". There's just a time & place for "realistic" PoV & this thread shouldn't be it. There has to be a sanctuary apart from all the negative & realistic spin. This should be it.

Now, smile & have a great day. :D

I'll take your word for it :)

I had a good day. It'll be a great day when all the macro and micro chaos that is our lives presently abates.

So, get supine and have a great night....speaking of positive outcomes.

I'm just glad you didn't watch the game Al - imagine what your mood would be if you had! Probably like mine :(

As for 'positive comments only' in the 'positive thread', there aren't thread-specific 'rules' here. I think most would agree we could use a little positivity-promotion right now even if it's hard for some of us to muster any. And there are certainly lots of other (read 'every other one except this one') threads to post negative reality and venting comments in. So it's less about 'you can't post negatives in this thread!' and more about 'let's let those who want to focus on some positives have a place to do that in'.

There has only been one game that we played so poorly that there was no way we were winning, that was the giants game. The other games 4 losses have been against quality opponents, and we played well enough to be in those games at the end. Yeah we have made a lot of costly turnovers, but we have our back up qb playing right now. I am not saying things will be perfect when Griffin comes back, but this team will have more of a pop I think.

Our next three games before the bye are titans, dallass, and the vikings. I think we will win 2 of those 3, and the dallass game is a wild card because it is a division game. It doesn't matter how good or bad we are, we are going to play up against the pukes! **** dallass by the way!

Then we get the bye, and time to regroup. We come out of the bye against the bucs, before we get into the hard part of the season. After the bucs game if we are sitting at 4-6, I believe we could get hot like we did in 12 and make a run. I know this is a long shot but the season is far from over. Just 2 years ago we watched this team lead by Griffin snap off 7 wins in a row, there is no doubt in my mind he could lead us on a run like that again.

I know we have holes and whatnot but damnit we have only been beat down in 1 game. Poor decision making has costed us in the other games, but that can be corrected and overcome.

Hail To The Redskins, and Hail to a big VICTORY this week!

Kai Forbath is not only a name that is auto spell correct's arch nemesis but he's also 12/13 for the year.

Thank goodness Rak didn't sign here long term!

Colt McCoy, in today's game, was 11 of 12 in pass attempts, with 1 TD and no INTs and a QB rating of 138.9.

The night is young. Seriously though, I'm calling it now rak heads to Dallas, Seattle, or the raiders next year.
If Polumbus at RT is no more going forward, he can go where ever he wants and I'll have no fear of him, whatsoever.

Orakpo will do what so many other talented but misused players have done here in the past...go to another team that will use him correctly and play to his strengths and absolutely excel.

Granted - it was a gift fumble - but special teams got a turnover.

Reed played well again and didn't get hurt.

Orakpo will do what so many other talented but misused players have done here in the past...go to another team that will use him correctly and play to his strengths and absolutely excel.

Not sure how many 'misused' players have excelled but there have been several who were kicked out the door and went on to do good things at the same position for another team.

Andre Carter comes to mind as one misused to go elsewhere and play just as well as he did here but I would not say he excelled beyond what he did here before the changeup in scheme.

The Comptons played,
Will didn't look to be out of place and might actually cover better than Riley
Tom remains in the hunt for more playing time 'cause TyPo's knee is ailing.

Moses hasn't quite reached the mountaintop.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.