• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Something Positive

We beat Dallas I can forgive what I've seen so far...I'm guessing Griffin will be available. 3-6 anyone?

Positives-presented completely in the spirit of this thread with no extra contextualization, no "related caveats", no "yeah buts". Think of it as that first cold one at the bar-or at home-after a rough week at work. :cool2:

The Redskins are tied with the Colts for second in the league with 26 passing plays of 20 yards or more-the Falcons and Chargers have 28.

The Redskins lead the league with 8 passing plays of 40 or more yards.

The Redskins are tied with the Browns for 3rd highest number of yards per pass play at 8.2-the Bengals have 8.5, the Chargers 8.8.

Source:

NFL Stats: by Team Category

His TD this week was over the middle... and it's not like they can legally lay him out.... When you run uptempo he doesn't necessarily need to block as often as he needs to be a decoy with a hot route check

the "as designed" comment Gruden made? DJax stuck out like a sore thumb - he was the key blocker on one of those quick passes behind the line of scrimmage. the CB went right through him.

the middle and blocking are habit patterns that were known in Philly. My point isn't to diminish what he does well and how that is beneficial...it's to provide one example of how the concepts Gruden is putting into play are sometimes not executable because of player limitations. there are only two ways out of such a situation: don't call those plays...or the player learns what is needed to execute the play.

Good..maybe you can take a picture of it and I'll autograph it for you

the "as designed" comment Gruden made? DJax stuck out like a sore thumb - he was the key blocker on one of those quick passes behind the line of scrimmage. the CB went right through him.

the middle and blocking are habit patterns that were known in Philly. My point isn't to diminish what he does well and how that is beneficial...it's to provide one example of how the concepts Gruden is putting into play are sometimes not executable because of player limitations. there are only two ways out of such a situation: don't call those plays...or the player learns what is needed to execute the play.

Welcome to the "Positive" thread, Buzz Killington.

Buzz Killington everyone. Give him a big round of applause. :claps: :claps: :claps:

;)

Compton seemed to do just fine in place of Riley. I say just keep him in there as a starter, even if Riley is cleared to play this week.

Welcome to the "Positive" thread, Buzz Killington.

Buzz Killington everyone. Give him a big round of applause. :claps: :claps: :claps:

;)

I get it! Enforce a "positive thread" with a personal attack!

Buzz killer! I love it! Clever spin on the War on Fantasy!

In the event, enjoy your day Forest!

Jordan Reed didn't get hurt. And even though I made fun of him for avoiding contact it was very smart of him to do that.

He is a game changer when he's in.

The positive coming out of this, IMO, is that Gruden is PO'd and is going to make long-run changes. This doesn't have the feel of previous regimes in which the staff rationalized while making exit plans. Gruden looks angry and determined to get what he demands from his players and coaches. It'll take a year or two.....but I think he's the right guy.

Kai Forbath did better kicking off. Field goals were strong.
His kickoffs went THRU the end zone. I about turned the channel because I thought it was the wrong game!

I was very happy to see that.

Yep! As long as they go out of the end zone, it doesn't matter what the hang time is.

to me its almost better to have it bouncing at them.....one wrong grab and we could end up with it in our hands!

A lot of improvement overall. Penalties have been in the single digits last two weeks, a huge improvement from the beginning of the season. STs are moving in a positive direction. Other than the turnovers and 3rd down conversions their stats were better than AZ. OK, the only stat that really counts is the score but they are capable of wins & they did play a really good team on the road.

Cousins can put up 300 yards a game pretty consistently with a little more help. If he cleans up the turnovers a little less rush to bring Robert back. Playing from behind doesn't help his cause either. I can't really say RGIII would have produced any more wins than Kirk has.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.