• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Something Positive

I thought this was a thread about positive things?

There's only one difference in starting and coming off the bench.

Pressure.

And Kirk can't handle it. Pressure makes diamonds, or it makes you stain your shorts. I think he's a nice guy who can make some plays and throws a pretty ball. But he clearly does not have nerves of steel.

And yes - I'm 'positive' :)

Yeah, that's true. Coming off the bench, there really isn't a lot of pressure. Plus, the defenses were gameplanning for Robert, not Captain Kirk.

I am looking forward to when Robert comes back & hoping that he lights Dallas up when he does.

We have strayed away from the heart of this thread.

Jackson is clearly the fastest person on the field

I think we'd look great in some black alternative uniforms.

The bogus (arguably criminal) cap penalty is over, so we'll have a full complement of cap space AND full slate of draft picks heading into Jay Gruden's second year. With a year of getting his NFL head coach legs under him, he will be in solid position to significantly upgrade in key areas.

I have been thinking the same. Can the scouting dept, however, deliver? that's the big gotcha. this last draft, IMO, has not produced one significant talent.

It's always doable. This will be a crucial series of moves during the off-season (geez....already thinking that far ahead!).

my positive? sorta. Gruden's playcalling isn't always on target, IMO, but in his pressers you can tell he's already PO'd about all of this and he's going to make changes. Working on the assumption he's going to get the talent he needs to make his system work. also banking on the assumption that he now has better clarity on initial judgments of his that were incorrect.

Several positives for me from the ARI game.

1) Reed looks good. REALLY good. Staying healthy is the trick for that guy, but if he can nip the injury bug, we have an all pro TE just as good as Thomas, Graham, Gronk, etc. Dude is explosive.

2) Djax is absurd.

3) Kerrigan is my favorite Redskin player right now. Dude just doesn't quit and continues to disrupt every frickin' down. I LOVE that guy.

4) I thought our O looked really good at the end of the half, when Kirk was in full hurry-up mode. Perhaps it has to do with the read and react others have mentioned here, but the entire O looked better to me. I'd like to see some more up-tempo situations put in to allow Kirk to get into a rhythm.

been away again, wow,you guys are so informed love the reading #HTTR smartest skins site in the world...Patience, and time for Gruden, but i do like him as a head coach

Several positives for me from the ARI game.

4) I thought our O looked really good at the end of the half, when Kirk was in full hurry-up mode. Perhaps it has to do with the read and react others have mentioned here, but the entire O looked better to me. I'd like to see some more up-tempo situations put in to allow Kirk to get into a rhythm.

And on that rushed drive to score the TD in the 4th quarter. We flew down the field to pull within 3. The plays obviously CAN be executed.

Maybe that's it, run no huddle to take most of Kirk's pre snap overthinking away. IMHO it would fit him perfect, and you're using the best you can with what you got.

My positive is the O functions pretty well when their on a quicker snap.

Maybe that's it, run no huddle to take most of Kirk's pre snap overthinking away. IMHO it would fit him perfect, and you're using the best you can with what you got.

My positive is the O functions pretty well when their on a quicker snap.

Take note of our rivals from Philly? We've absolutely got the playmakers on the field, as well as 2 'change of pace' backs who can play the ball out of the backfield... I like it.

1) It won't be hard to upgrade our talent on the Oline
2) No way in hell Haslett makes it another year
3) Breeland is getting some experience.
4) Cousins is a really good back up that should still improve. He's still under a season's worth of experience.
5) Jackson and Reed are as advertised.

Take note of our rivals from Philly? We've absolutely got the playmakers on the field, as well as 2 'change of pace' backs who can play the ball out of the backfield... I like it.

do we? take DJAX: he doesn't block; he's too fragile to go over the middle. so...he has strengths, but weaknesses that undercut the design of many plays. good/bad has to be understood in the overall structure Gruden is trying to build for an entire gameplan.

1) It won't be hard to upgrade our talent on the Oline
2) No way in hell Haslett makes it another year
3) Breeland is getting some experience.
4) Cousins is a really good back up that should still improve. He's still under a season's worth of experience.
5) Jackson and Reed are as advertised.

I like Breeland...but see him mostly as a nickle/depth. he doesn't have the speed to play corner. we're gonna have to sign or draft a quality corner for next season IMO.

do we? take DJAX: he doesn't block; he's too fragile to go over the middle. so...he has strengths, but weaknesses that undercut the design of many plays. good/bad has to be understood in the overall structure Gruden is trying to build for an entire gameplan.

positive thread...not a "reality thread"

His TD this week was over the middle... and it's not like they can legally lay him out.... When you run uptempo he doesn't necessarily need to block as often as he needs to be a decoy with a hot route check

Here is something positive, Sunday a lot of us will be together for the game at the BGO Tailgate! I expect a win, just like we got last year when we were there.

Hail To The Redskins

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.