• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Something Positive

Again it's preseason and all but the Redskins have only allowed a total of 91 yards rushing total for the first two games-the only team not to allow over 100 yards rushing in the first two games.

Cousins has the golden ticket for tonight. He has the chance to light up the skies and prove he's the starter.

I'm behind him 100%! Hail to the Redskins!!!!

The stat I liked the most was NO SACKS ALLOWED BY THE REDSKINS. After last week it was good to see. It helps when your QB drops three steps and fires.

Well, I think having a legitimate NFL top shelf nose tackle in Terrence Knighton makes a big difference in believing that preseason success against the run will not mysteriously disappear once the regular season starts.

Re-signing Trent, mixed with what we saw in the draft, proves to me even further that we've finally taken a huge step in making sure that we win the battle at the line of scrimmage. It's not perfect, but we've at least gotten pointed in what I personally feel is a better direction when it comes to the overall mentality of the needs of this team.

Washington goes undefeated in 2015, wins Championship...... nut case you say:insane:.... not so

D.C. Divas - Official Site of the D.C. Divas

The gals have been kicking butt for a while, maybe Bruce will have 'em over for a closed practice with the guys.

Yeah, I know not Skins related but it's still fun eh?

I'm not sure if I expect more than 8 wins, but I think we'll be a bit more competitive and competent. Not a high bar I know, but as we've been saying for years, if we can see some demonstrated, measurable improvement, in an incremental fashion as the season goes on, we'd be hopeful. I think we see that this year. I think we'll still be limited by lacking talent in some areas, but I think we'll see some positive direction with cause for hope. I haven't had any real hope for a while, so this would be a positive. :)

If that's not tightrope walking the positive side I don't know what is lol

If that's not tightrope walking the positive side I don't know what is lol

Always leave an out. :) I just really want to be positive. It seems like we're in a never ending pattern of turning the page on a bad chapter, looking forward to the new one, and then in the end turning the page on yet another bad chapter. Talent has been a huge factor. Not building the team right, from the lines has been a huge problem.. I just hope MCL is up to the task.

Ross looks like he could be a stud. Quality slot type guy that could really thrive underneath.

Ross looks like he could be a stud. Quality slot type guy that could really thrive underneath.

And would count(imo) as a home grown talent...something we haven't had alot of at the wr spot.

The guy has balled out this preseason. IMO, he makes Roberts expendable.

Put it this way, if Ross doesn't make it, I don't know what more he could've done.

Pulling for him to make the 53,along with Jeffcoat.

Of this year's draft, 5 players have made MAJOR contributions (Scherff, Smith, Jones, Crowder, Jarrett)
One, still hangs in the balance (Kouandijo), One is on IR (Spaight), and 2 are no longer with the team (Mitchel, Spencer)

It's already clear, the difference Scotty is making on the team.

I do like how Ken puts it over at the The Haven

Just a snippet.....

2. At 5-6, the Redskins are sooooooooooo close to being considered an actual good team. Let's clean up some things though, before we get too carried away. Zero points on three interceptions is not what good teams do. Failing to win two games in a row for the better part of--if not longer than--a year is not what good teams do. Multiple consecutive penalties that push the offense out of field goal range after solid drives is not what good teams do. If DeSean Jackson is going to be our top receiver, we have to find more ways to get him the ball. Good news everyone: these are correctable things. In fact, I only bring up this topic at all because I 100% believe in the difference between "bad" and "not good yet." We know what bad looks like--intimately. This ain't it. It would be fair to suggest that the Redskins are limited to just how good they can get this season. There is a lot of youth and inexperience out on the field. Hell, there is a lot of "undraftedness" out on that field. That is a far cry from there being a lot of "players who don't belong in the NFL" out there. We know what that looks like. This Redskins team is improving as the season wears on, slowly approaching their true potential. At 5-6, that true potential probably tops out somewhere around 9-7, and everyone here understands the kind of work left to do to sniff that kind of result. SPOILER ALERT: 9-7 probably wins the NFC East by two games.

^
Going 9-7 means going 4-1, the rest of the way, which requires an actual winning streak of at least 2 games at a time, something he points out that we havn't been able to do in a very long time. While that may seem like a contradiction, on the other hand, the team is indeed improving, like he also said, so perhaps the next improvement would be to put together a 2 game win streak twice, during the remainder of the season, to end up at 9-7.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.