• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Something Positive

Griffin looked damn good in the first half. That stiff arm he gave that linebacker was amazing

We ran some really good plays in the first half.

Redd looked good
Thompson looked good
Roberts looked good
Morris broke a 16 yard run
Griffin also seemed to work the pocket and scramble like we want to see him do.

And touchdown or not, that play by him at the end of the half was vintage 2012 Griffin and very nice to see.

The team had some fight. dumb or not...I liked the spit in Sanatana and Pierre.

FO and HC appear to heading in the right direction, first move.... Haz relieved of his duties.
Allen will do whatever it takes to get better..... the charitable enterprise department is doing great... we need to work on the football thing tho.
Gruden, despite outward appearances, is a hardass...... he fired his buddy.

All that is needed now is to get rid of the good person policy, and replace with a good player policy. A bad nasty-ass off the field is still a bad nasty-ass on the field.

Matter of degree I would think, the off the field nasty-ass can result in not being available to be nasty-ass on the field.

Been saying it for a long time. I do not like the Patriots...one of my least favorite teams in the NFL.

However, I am always impressed by their attitude on the field. The big uglies always make you pay when you tackle someone when they are on offense, usually a shove after the play. Nothing that will get the player a penalty, just enough to let you know they are there...that they are going to make you pay every time.

Trent does it sometimes, but you never see it from the other players along our OL.

I want to see the that on defense too.

Matter of degree I would think, the off the field nasty-ass can result in not being available to be nasty-ass on the field.

They may miss games, but at least they would do something on the field rather than stand around like traffic cones. We need players who will make the Redskins fearful again, not the pansy-ass easy beats (for some) we are at the moment.

At least we're not the Jaguars!

Keenan Robinson, Bashaud Breeland and Ryan Kerrigan are evidence that the team can do some things right in re personnel.

It's not just drafting players, but evaluating them in timely fashion when they hit the NFL. Some guys get drafted here and hang around for 2-3 or even 4 years but never really show they belong.

Here's to admitting mistakes earlier in the New Year and moving on to find that next key starter or backup.

Keenan Robinson, Bashaud Breeland and Ryan Kerrigan are evidence that the team can do some things right in re personnel.

It's not just drafting players, but evaluating them in timely fashion when they hit the NFL. Some guys get drafted here and hang around for 2-3 or even 4 years but never really show they belong.

Here's to admitting mistakes earlier in the New Year and moving on to find that next key starter or backup.

Will Compton has developed into a solid backup, could even be a decent starter next to Keenan Robinson. Both of them have a nose for the football.

I'm really hoping we find a way to keep Jackson Jeffcoat on the roster. Dude made some plays in the very short time he was in.

In the search for a new DC the Redskins seem to be targeting guys who seem to have both knowledge and experience in coaching good defensive football.

In addition the recent story about the Redskins showing an interest in personnel guru Scot McCloughan gives hope that a major weakness in team construction is being pursued diligently.

Yeah Serv. The Scott McCloughlan rumors are very, VERY encouraging. Just the fact that we are considering someone of that calibur is incredibly positive.

As you said, in the spirit of the thread, I am pointing out a positive metric on an aspect of the team's performance. If the metric is affected by changes in opposing team's defensive tactics-as no doubt they are in this case-it still remains a positive metric even if some of the contributing factors aren't entirely our doing.

While I'm here I'm going to throw out yet another positive metric: Team Targets Percent Caught.

Team Targets Percent Caught measures the number of passes targeted to receivers that are successfully caught, which gives an indication to the efficiency of the teams receivers in converting on catch-able passes.

The Redskins are catching targeted passes at a 67% rate-this is the 6th best in the league. The Saint's are the only teaam doing over 70% at 70.5%

Source: Team Targets Percent Caught: 2014 NFL Season

We led the league or were close to leading it in that stat a few years ago as in we had the most drops. Seeing that change is indeed a welcome stat to hear. So our WR coach is solid at least!

They may miss games, but at least they would do something on the field rather than stand around like traffic cones. We need players who will make the Redskins fearful again, not the pansy-ass easy beats (for some) we are at the moment.

At least we're not the Jaguars!

The Jags beat the Giants though. ;)

Yep, Pyrrhic victories.

I remember when the Redskins beat Dallas twice in 1995.

But in the end they won the Super Bowl and we finished 6-10.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.