• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Something Positive

He has 2 sacks and a few fumbles forced..for a rookie coming in on just a few games I'm pumped for him and us.

Santana moss... Wish those catches were made at fed ex though.

Helu/morris combo... Hope they stick around and stay healthy.

Best underused player in the NFL... DY.

Tress way is the chuck norris of punting.(when a swat team comes to raid your home, they bring tress way to kick the door down)

Kickers not bad either.

We have a left tackle... See helu/morris note.

Ryan Kerrigan... He should be the face of the franchise going forward.

Breeland and amerson could be Troy Vincent and bobby Taylor reincarnated with good coaching.

We have the most elite set of back up QBs in the history of football.

We have an uncanny ability to allow teams to invent, break, and end oddball records.

Keenan Robinson is a positive for me as well.

Jay Cutler is not and never will be a Redskin

lets see....something positive....well....they're usually punctual to the games!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Almost a month after I mentioned this...

The Redskins still lead the NFL in average yards gained after a pass is caught-as a team- at 7.04 yards per reception.

This is also still ahead of the #2 Seattle Seahawks @ 7.00 yards per reception and the #3 Green Bay Packers @ 6.54 yards per reception.

To those who were with me in chat for the Rams game-I told you I'd find something. :)

Kerrigan continues to impress. I saw him utilize finesse moves, as well as bull rush, yesterday to beat the lineman.

Trent Murphy is continuing to progress. He's still a little raw and is better in run defense then pass rush, but he's getting better in both aspects.

Compton has been a definite improvement over Polumbus.
The other Compton, looks to have more potential then Riley Jr.

Tana came in yesterday and did some good things. I will be sad to see him go but yesterday I got to root for ol 89 and it felt good.

Almost a month after I mentioned this...

The Redskins still lead the NFL in average yards gained after a pass is caught-as a team- at 7.04 yards per reception.

This is also still ahead of the #2 Seattle Seahawks @ 7.00 yards per reception and the #3 Green Bay Packers @ 6.54 yards per reception.

To those who were with me in chat for the Rams game-I told you I'd find something. :)

serv...how much of this owes to being behind and playing against prevent defenses? similarly, how much owes to the opposite end of the spectrum - the blueprint is out on stacking the rush and overwhelming the o-line/QBs.

to meet thread requirements: I thought the chat discussion was great yesterday...I was laughing most of the afternoon. I also thought that we gained a little more clarity on the idea that while the roster may not have a starting QB on it presently...the problems run deeper. this will help with off-season priorities. we're in fix it mode now. no reason progress can't be made.

Compton has been a definite improvement over Polumbus.
The other Compton, looks to have more potential then Riley Jr.

Yup, kid seems to make up for speed with pure instinct...the LB that is.

Last edited:
Kerrigan is my one positive thing.

Sorry...the ship with my positive feelings sailed long time ago. Yet, I watch ever play.

Tana came in yesterday and did some good things. I will be sad to see him go but yesterday I got to root for ol 89 and it felt good.

Amen Mike one of the biggest bummers has been watching him inactive every week. So it's been nice to watch him get reps with guys down.

I was glad to see Moss get in there if just for you Mike. And echo Al's sentiments about the chat room, made a totally i enjoyable game fun as much as it was possible.

You know, chat was weird as heck yesterday. That was easily the worst game we have played all season (and maybe worse than the KC debacle) but I had a good time in chat just mucking around with you guys. Talking about everything under the sun and keeping it light.

I do enjoy Sunday chats.

And Tanaman ;)

I think there's a certain point where the frustration and anger just doesn't serve any purpose any longer. Thankfully for this year I think most if not all of us have reached that point.

Now back to positive stuff.

I gotta re-mention Helu.
I hope this guy remains a Redskin for a long time.
He has earned it.
Definitely a consistent bright spot, and a class act who never takes a play off, or says stupid stuff.
Just quietly does his job like a pro, even when things surrounding the team are falling apart

Helu has definitely brought a spark almost every time he's in there - good call Fear. He is actually the kind of back that fits into a Gruden offense with his shiftiness and ability to catch the ball out of the backfield. He still has a propensity to fumble at inopportune times (is there ever an opportune time?) - he's fumbled twice in every season since being drafted in 2011 (including this one), not great considering the number of carries he gets. Still, I agree with you, he is a baller.

I think there's a certain point where the frustration and anger just doesn't serve any purpose any longer. Thankfully for this year I think most if not all of us have reached that point.

Now back to positive stuff.

Yes, feel no pain watching our Redskins. Is what it is , as you say, don't cry over spilt milk. Yeah, one week closer to the offseason, where the Redskins reign supreme We be king of offseason, and I might add, for all REdskins fans to get excited about something new again. We will rebuild the roster with new players, rebuild with new coaching staff. Who could ask for anything more? Got to love it.

serv...how much of this owes to being behind and playing against prevent defenses? similarly, how much owes to the opposite end of the spectrum - the blueprint is out on stacking the rush and overwhelming the o-line/QBs.

As you said, in the spirit of the thread, I am pointing out a positive metric on an aspect of the team's performance. If the metric is affected by changes in opposing team's defensive tactics-as no doubt they are in this case-it still remains a positive metric even if some of the contributing factors aren't entirely our doing.

While I'm here I'm going to throw out yet another positive metric: Team Targets Percent Caught.

Team Targets Percent Caught measures the number of passes targeted to receivers that are successfully caught, which gives an indication to the efficiency of the teams receivers in converting on catch-able passes.

The Redskins are catching targeted passes at a 67% rate-this is the 6th best in the league. The Saint's are the only teaam doing over 70% at 70.5%

Source: Team Targets Percent Caught: 2014 NFL Season

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.