• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Change on the horizon

Latest Update:

As of last week, due to circumstances outside of my control, I was forced to withdraw from this class. The normal schedule for this class is 6:00am-2:30pm Monday thru Thursday. After leaving class, I would go directly to work & get there usually by 3:00pm & be there until about 9:00pm. Then I'd get home & the wife, who has been home all day, would need me to help her with housework as well. Ugh!

Well, last week, they changed the schedule for the Thursday class to 8:30am-5:00pm, which means I would have to miss an entire day of work basically. The way traffic is around here, at 2:30, I can make it to work in 20-25 minutes, easy. At 5? I won't get there until at least 6. By then, I've lost the usefulness of going in & I can't afford that with rent being due on this paycheck. Plus, this class they changed the schedule for is a mandatory class you have to attend in order to get certified & being that I couldn't be there for it (on top of the fact that I wasn't really doing all that well at the end there with my welds. They looked good, but I wasn't getting very much penetration on them & was starting to get discouraged by that, being that is a big deal). But, I withdrew in good standing with a B+ average, I can retake the class another time, not have to go thru the interview process again & start over. That does mean I'll have to start over from the beginning, but that's ok.

Now, I have been thinking that instead, I would really not like to be in welding at all. So, I may start looking for classes just for electrician so I can get my Journeyman license & start doing side work on the weekends. But that'll be down the road a ways. Right now, I am focused on getting thru the Christmas season relatively unscathed. I slipped a disc at work in my lower lumbar region & have been in the shape of a question mark ever since. Thankfully, this is a short week & hopefully they'll have me on training people this week so I can actually be of some use while on light duty.

Anyway, I thank you all for the encouraging words & support. It sucks that it went this way, but it is what it is. Can't know what we're walking into until we walk into it & sometimes we find out it ain't for us. But at least I tried, right? I'll keep pressing on til I find the right thing. :builder2:

Sorry that didn't work out for you (at least for now), but I'm sure if you keep persevering you will find your niche. The back thing sucks - been there, done that. Feel better and hang in there :cheers:

UPDATE 4.12.2015: To all my Redskins family

I wanted to let my Redskins family know that as of last weekend, I have separated from my wife. It is a tremendously long story & I'll be happy to answer any question about this openly & as honestly as possible. But the jist of it is this:

I am a fairly laid back, joyful, spiritual, & sometimes emotional guy. I am intense about my faith in Christ & my love for my sports. I love to laugh & I love making other people laugh, sometimes at my own expense. Over the last 5 years, I have suffered on the tongue of my wife who routinely verbally abused me & sometimes without even realizing it. Actually, truth be told, she never really thought she was being abusive. She was "just sayin'...". There is no limit to the cruelty that would exit her mouth, the things she would say were not just meant to hurt, but crush & destroy. Why? I don't have the slightest idea. All I know is, come last Sunday, I literally felt something inside me snap as she stormed away from me after yelling at me in front of my mom in my mom's house. That was it. I was done.

I enjoy life. I find that life can be a lot of fun just being. She doesn't. She is a miserable person wrapped up in a lie she's been living for over 20 years. That's another long story, but know that it has completely shaped her life & ultimately, because of this lie, it has effectively destroyed every relationship she has been in since her kids were very young.

Today, 1 week removed from moving out, I am happier & relaxed. I also feel sorry for her & am sad that she is like this. I told her a couple days ago as she attempted to plead with me not to leave, "I love you, but I'm not built for this." I am built for a woman who will put God first in her life, but can also get on roller coasters & isn't afraid of getting lost on a drive. It would also be a huge plus if she's a Redskins & Caps fan, but where I'm located, that would be near impossible.

I know I haven't been on here in a while, but I really feel like this is a family here, & I have been blessed to have found this place. I am thankful for all that I have, & that includes this site. With that said, again, I'll answer any questions as openly & as honestly as possible about this if there are any. I'm sad for her, but ultimately, this is not a hard topic for me to discuss as I am happy to be gone. It has been said to me by someone close to me that it is like the battered wife who finally has the courage to leave & stay gone. I have many people around me who got to see & hear what was going on here (as part of her cruelty was to humiliate or condescend me in public) that are very happy I have made this decision.

Anyway...just wanted to let you all know. Change is here. The horizon has come & gone.

HTTR

Sorry you are going through this, but it sounds like it was a long time coming. My brother went through a very similar situation. He was devastated when he finally had had enough and left, especialy because of the impact on his kids, but he is remarried and 1000x happier today. It was the best decision he could have made. Best of luck and wish you happiness.

Thanks, Boone. And just when we thought it couldn't get any worse, tonight, after a private message chat on Facebook, she decided to swallow about 25 Fenegren (anti-nausea pill) in an attempt to take her own life. Most people are pretty solidly convinced that this was more of an attention thing, however, it probably didn't go as she expected. Her son called 911 & had an ambulance come out. He messaged me after he called them, so by the time I got there, they were almost there. She is currently in the hospital, unconscious & restrained. The doctor is pretty convinced that she will pull thru the night & if she does, she'll have to talk to a social worker in the morning. I plan on being there for that. I'll stay up on the updates now that I have posted all this. It's just....hard to know what to do with all this.

I am so sorry you're going through all this, I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Wow..I'm very sorry to hear all of this. She sounds like she has a lot of her own demons to deal with and I recognize most of the ones you talk about because that's my mother. It's a dark road they're on and most of the time it just seems normal to them because they've lived that way so long.

I know we aren't that close per say but if you need an ear to bend feel free to message me.

It's been a strange & full week so far as I sure you can all gather appropriately. After she finally came to her senses on Monday, they transferred her to a Psych ward called Baypointe Behavioral Evaluation Unit (which immediately made me think of Criminal Minds-kinda hoping she doesn't meet Dr. Spencer Reid) where she is under constant supervision & observation. It seems her time there is indefinite as they gave me a week by week schedule for visitation & calls. Either way, it needs to be stated that I'm not exactly sure where she is mentally yet. She seems to believe that I'll be home when she gets here & I have to remind her last night that I can't be...that she has to do this for herself. If she is thinking that she is getting this help for her family, it won't stick. She needs to understand that. It felt harsh & cruel, but it was necessary. By the end of the conversation, we were both weeping, but like I said, it was necessary. I have to think about self preservation here. So, I am praying for her recovery, but that it is a full recovery, not necessarily a quick one.

Thank you to all of you for your support & prayers. They are greatly appreciated & needed. This has been trying, but having the folks "around" me showing love for me & her has been amazing & at some points almost overwhelming. Again, thank you. And trust me, if I need any of you, I will call on you. It is a wonderful thing to have friends that care, even from a distance.

Work drama sucks. I work for someone I truly love and respect. Looking like some major changes are coming for our group and I will probably be looking for a new gig very soon. I'm not worried about landing on my feet, but it is a sad time. I will never understand why companies feel this persistent need to constantly change and uproot people. It is what it is. I learned a long time ago that employers really don't care about employees - they just pretend to. But it still stings when you are reminded of it.

GCR I hope you and your family are recovering and finding peace. Thoughts& prayers brother

Yes change just to change does suck in a work environment Boone. I tell ya I was so damn miserable the last few years of my service. Love the military but where I was at the politics of the place made it unbearable. I took a big pay reduction to drive a bus, something I've never trained for as well. My mil friends ask constantly how I like it, I reply it's night & day better!

Life's waaay too short for constant misery, sometimes change is needed & much better off

My work environment, boss, and team are GREAT. That's the craziness of it brother. I took my current job for much less pay than I was making and so that I could have a low-stress job with work-life balance. So this isn't going to be a positive change. I will be fine, and I certainly know there are tougher problems to have. Just a bummer.

I'm sorry Boone, that truly sucks. If it makes you feel better, I jumped ship last year and couldn't be happier. Best thing I ever did. And I have to disagree that no employers care, they are out there, you just have to look for them. I happened to find one and feel reborn.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.