• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Blognostications: 2014 - Week 5 Redskins v Seahawks

• Thread starter Blognostications
  • Start date
Courageous post here McD5. The odd thing, as "volatile" as the Redskins performances have been on the field I would not be ultimately shocked if something like this happened.

Gotta admit I consider it highly unlikely, but I'm open to this team doing things that induce psychological trauma.:paranoid:

God love ya, McD5! You're the most optimistic Redskins fan I know this week. I'm just gonna throw down and say right now: if your Blognostication turns out to be true, I'm buying and sending you a Cousins jersey. :laugh:

This season, we are starting to get a glimpse of how even the "greats" such as Belicheck are finding it difficult to win when they don't have the horses to ride with. An aging Brady and an unquestionable less talented New England team is beginning to find it's way back to the pack.

In Washington, while I too like what Gruden brings to this team, the fact is he doesn't have enough talent to put out their on the field at this stage to compete successfully for four quarters against a far better Seattle team. We'd have to play an absolute perfect game to win on Monday in my opinion, and there's too little talent in burgundy and gold to count on that happening.

It'll be a testament to Jay if he can get this team to make a game of it and keep it tight going into the fourth quarter.

How he gets the team to respond following a miserable performance last Thursday is the storyline I'm more interested in. The wins will hopefully come eventually.

Canadian Hog, the Seahawks are only 8-7 on the road with Russell Wilson as QB.

They're a great team, but like the Saints, basically a coin toss away from their own stadium. Not exactly the big monster that everyone seems to be fearing.

The loss of DHall is huge, but I believe we'll take this.

It boils down to whether or not we can somehow put a secondary on the field that can provide decent basic coverage. If we can't, this game will be nearly impossible to win. If we can cover WRs and TEs even briefly coming off the LOS, that gives our pretty damn good DBs a chance to pressure Wilson. And that changes everything. I believe we'll hold Lynch under 100 yards like we do every RB we face. But we have to be able to challenge in the passing game.

I'm not sure how we do that unless the youngsters (specifically Amerson and Breeland) have great games. It would also be nice if Brandon M. started playing like Brandon M. is capable (minus head shots please).

This is the kind of game we all end up shaking our heads after thinking, "Why the hell can't they play like that all the time?"

Or we could get crushed...either or. :laugh:

Coming into the season, I saw the Skins as basically a .500 team.

Nobody really knows what a .500 team will do week to week.

Some games, they will play like a sub .500 team, play poorly and lose a game they are not expected to and it's WTF was that? Here we go again...
Some games, they will play like a well above average team, play lights out and win a game they aren't expected to and it's WTF was that? Just play like that all the time...
Some games, they will play like a middle of the pack team and win some and lose some and it's that's who we thought you were. Better than last year but...

Well, they played medium against the Texans and Eagles and lost them. Skins win either of those and they are 2-2 - just like their opponent would now be.
They played like a total crap team and got absolutely humiliated at home against NY. Lost by 31.
They played outstanding and pounded the Jags. It is only Jacksonville but that's what good teams do - pound the teams they should easily handle. Won by 31.

Haven't beaten a team they aren't expected to - yet. Got their chance to do that over the next two games, Seattle and Arizona.

Hopefully they manage that this week.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.