• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Cake or Death? - The Tipping Point

As Skins fans, we came as up close and personal to the corruption within the NFL as anyone when they applied the cap penalty on us and the Cowboys. Not only was it proof that these owners colluded against the players, but it was incredible that they let the teams know literally minutes before Free Agency in 2012 started. The fact that it was a divisional rival who was the driving force behind it all was just the icing on a big fat disgusting cake of evil.

I haven't ever looked at the NFL the same, to be honest. None of the recent events have surprised me at all.

Yeah, I lost a lot of faith in the NFL over that one, for sure. That hurt a lot, and gave credence to the idea that refs favor certain teams, not sure why the NFL decided to go that route. Really strange, when you think about it objectively.

I hear you guys - I really do. But the NFL is what we love. It's why we're here. The Redskins (at least for the moment) are a storied part of the NFL. Let's just keep in mind how much we have loved this league and this team. You really can't separate the two. I have also been disappointed over the past 5 years especially. I think the NFL needs a real 'good guy' leader to address player safety and consistently do the right thing. I actually briefly thought Goodell might be that guy, but clearly, he's not. But the NFL is not some evil entity. Lots to admire, not only on our own team, but across the league. Those guys just don't get the headlines. But they are worth keeping in mind.

John, I agree with you to some extent that there are good people in the NFL. However, Goodell is not a good guy IMO and if you ever watch the Frontline special NFL: League of Denial, I think you'd better understand how some might think of the NFL as an evil entity as far as CTE is concerned. The widespread leadership cover-up of this disease and blackballing of the physicians who were first to sound the alarm was really disturbing to me.

And I agree, it's hard for me to let go because of the Redskins and how they've been an integral part of my life for over 2 decades. And I am going to the SF game in November with my dad, nephew and brother for a fun family bonding trip. But dang if my heart's not nearly as much in it these days.

Obviously, I understand why any reasonable person might have concerns about many of the practices of NFL leadership. I'm just making the point that it's not some singular entity. If leadership needs to be held accountable and even be replaced, I'm all for it. But I also believe there are some great folks who want to do the right thing for players. That's all I'm saying.

Obviously, I understand why any reasonable person might have concerns about many of the practices of NFL leadership. I'm just making the point that it's not some singular entity. If leadership needs to be held accountable and even be replaced, I'm all for it. But I also believe there are some great folks who want to do the right thing for players. That's all I'm saying.

I think you make a great point that does get lost in the shuffle far too often. There are some genuinely good guys who do some truly admirable charity work around the league, and they should get far more credit than they do. My point was and is that the leadership is corrupt and THAT overshadows those good things too much, imo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.