• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Time to smokem peace pipe

Cycleans

The Starter
Reaction score
It's been a pretty wild ride for our beloved team. 1-3 with a home loss against a division team. The Starting QB has barely been on a test ride and broke down already. The back up is lighting it up against the Jags. Hit and Miss ever since. All said I've liked a few post but really haven't felt like posting much until I could gather my thoughts. I saw Drew Bree's for most of the drives and saw Bad Rex quite a bit...

The Defense is more physical and aggressive but they have really fallen off ever since late in the 2nd Quarter against Philly. Eli has embarrassed every good team it seems like...but that slump he was in ended against us in front of god and everybody last Thursday.

Hey it ain't all that bad...Cousins is at the very least another younger Rex Grossman that has the car keys to some real good talent working behind a shaky Oline. But I'm liking how Gruden is handling things let the players get there head right. Stay out of the Headlines. It could get a bunch worse next Monday night. Gruden is finding his guys. I'm guessing we'll take our fair share of ass whippings this season...but I believe they will come around. Hail to the Redskins.

I almost hate to say this, but with all the lovely name change controversy trying to paint us all as racists, I would think it best to stay away from stereotypes like your title. Stuff like that just bolsters the stupid people that want to claim racist over everything.

Other than that, I too have faith that things will be better by the end of the year.

I almost hate to say this, but with all the lovely name change controversy trying to paint us all as racists, I would think it best to stay away from stereotypes like your title. Stuff like that just bolsters the stupid people that want to claim racist over everything.

Other than that, I too have faith that things will be better by the end of the year.

but that's precisely what the political correctness crowd wants! to control free speech (and ultimately thinking).

but that's precisely what the political correctness crowd wants! to control free speech (and ultimately thinking).

PC, it's like a form of terrorism being inflicted by our own on our own....

yeah, I can see both sides here. The title is just a little on the "oooh, maybe not side" and that is enough for me to think twice.

If I think twice...I know it is probably not the right thing. But, hey, to each their own. I have no qualms with anything really.

yeah, I can see both sides here. The title is just a little on the "oooh, maybe not side" and that is enough for me to think twice.

If I think twice...I know it is probably not the right thing. But, hey, to each their own. I have no qualms with anything really.

Good, because I expect you to be wearing pink in chat again

it matches my butt after I bleach it ;)

I see a difference between "controlling free speech" and "propagating false stereotypes". I think PC speech is not a good thing at all. However, I always am hoping for us to show we are better for not having it, not just defiant people who stick our middle fingers out against control.

Either way, not trying to control, but I hate seeing stereotypes flourish when they are wrong. I fight ignorance, so it is. Back to our hopes and dreams about football.

I see a difference between "controlling free speech" and "propagating false stereotypes". I think PC speech is not a good thing at all. However, I always am hoping for us to show we are better for not having it, not just defiant people who stick our middle fingers out against control.

Either way, not trying to control, but I hate seeing stereotypes flourish when they are wrong. I fight ignorance, so it is. Back to our hopes and dreams about football.

1) I served 20+ years in part to defend higher principles. somehow, lifting the dubious digit is only one symbol of a mindset.

2) What if others don't agree with what you classify as a stereotype? correction...you left a key part out...offensive stereotype? we're back to the same ole tiresome argument about the feelings of groups. in the end, why should I care? why should it matter to me what one finds demeaning or not so? There are many things I find offensive and society doesn't give a flip about it. why the special dispensation for some groups? if we're doomed to have a principle where each of us must attend to the sensitivities of others, then let's do it right and make the principle inviolable: anything offensive to any group must be shut down.

3) Groups, categories, racial classes, call em what you want, are abstractions. they are, almost by definition, also distinguished by the fact that they separate people - those who belong and those who don't. the very idea is inherently exclusionary.

4) Ignorance, speaking of abusive terminology!, used to be about facts. Now, apparently, it is about sensitivities.

Last edited by a moderator:
wow, have we as a society become so politically oversensitive that a statement like "smokem peace pipe" warrants a discussion about what it might mean from racist point of view? Really? So we are sitting in a bar in "anywhere usa" and the waitress yells out "hey look the redskins are here..." What are you expecting to see?
I've been fond of that expression most of my life in a positive manner. A form of expression meant to find a resolution rather than being obstructive.

I don't think Shi or anyone else is being overly sensitive, he just pointed out, rightly so IMHO, that given that there are those who view Redskins fans as racist Neanderthal types, it's probably always a good idea to avoid trigger words or phrases that might reinforce the image. I don't think the thread title is a big deal either way but certainly understand the point.

Wait---Al, you served? :usa2:

The thread title served its purpose--got people reading and talking. I'm okay with that. In the PC world we need to learn how to talk about stuff like that. And when I say "how," I don't mean to be disrespectful or insensitive or racist. If anyone was offended, my sincerest apologies.

No really.

I really do like Gruden so far, as a guy and as an offensive mind. I'm just holding back a bit on my crush because I'm unclear on what his role in and/or reasons for the retention of Jim Haslett were. I continue to be utterly mystified by how that man came here in the first place, and continues here despite what is a body of work so clearly failed it boggles the mind. His continued presence, to me, is the embodiment of the Einsteinian definition of insanity.

Other than that? I think it's going to be a long year, but with discernible progress in certain areas. QB play (timing), special teams, maybe even OL as the rookies start to work their way into the lineup ... I think they'll all show signs. It's just going to be hard to see them sometimes through the fog of war as losses mount and the defense continues to allow other teams to score pretty much any time they want/need to.

Hail goddammit.

Wait---Al, you served? :usa2:

The thread title served its purpose--got people reading and talking. I'm okay with that. In the PC world we need to learn how to talk about stuff like that. And when I say "how," I don't mean to be disrespectful or insensitive or racist. If anyone was offended, my sincerest apologies.

No really.

I really do like Gruden so far, as a guy and as an offensive mind. I'm just holding back a bit on my crush because I'm unclear on what his role in and/or reasons for the retention of Jim Haslett were. I continue to be utterly mystified by how that man came here in the first place, and continues here despite what is a body of work so clearly failed it boggles the mind. His continued presence, to me, is the embodiment of the Einsteinian definition of insanity.

Other than that? I think it's going to be a long year, but with discernible progress in certain areas. QB play (timing), special teams, maybe even OL as the rookies start to work their way into the lineup ... I think they'll all show signs. It's just going to be hard to see them sometimes through the fog of war as losses mount and the defense continues to allow other teams to score pretty much any time they want/need to.

Hail goddammit.

What's funny to me is that this is the first post in this thread (post #12) that is actually about the content of the topic & not just the thread title. So, there's something to be said about the ridiculousness of this debate. The fact that people are even questioning the levity & seriousness of "smokem peace pipe" & bringing in to question the political correctness of a term from a group of people that are routinely described by loathsome scumbags like Mike Wise & Keith Olberman as racists...? Man, we shouldn't even be talking about this on this level. This nation is in so much trouble. I watched a video today of ISIS terrorists who were driving down the road in multiple situations & opening fire on passers-by in other vehicles & pedestrians & stopping to go back to make sure their aim was true...repeatedly...& we in this nation are fighting about the name of a professional SPORTS team.

:end:

Sorry, that video scarred me as I watched these ISIS terrorists play GTA for real. :focus:

I like Gruden so far & we need to give him time & leeway to make mistakes, take his licks, & bounce back. We'll see how well he fairs after 2 hefty losses in a row on the National Stage at home. Hopefully, the season will get better, but there are a lot of tough teams yet to come.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.