• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Game Preview: Redskins vs. Seahawks

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
For everything you ever wanted to know about next Monday Night's clash vs. the Seattle Seahawks, click HERE

Well, listening to the media out here in Seattle which includes interviews with members of the Seahawks and representatives they actually have some real concerns coming into this game.

1. They are going to play a team that just got utterly humiliated at home. The Skins will be looking for some payback.
2. Kerrigan has as many sacks as their entire team.
3. Orakpo may not have all the numbers but he isn't getting challenged much either. Teams mostly don't run his way and QBs usually move away from his side, where they meet Ryan.
4. If Lynch gets stopped they are in trouble. Even though the Skins secondary isn't that good and they feel it can exploited they don't want the game to come down to a passing duel.
5. Cousins - they don't have much on. Seen a really good game and a poor one. Even with all miscues he still put up 250 yards in 22 min's last week. (100 more than Brady in his debacle.)
6. Okung is dinged up (nothing new there) and they are really hurting at TE with Miller out.

Anyway, for the most part they seem to have more faith in the Redskins than many of our fans do. And look at them to be gunning from the start because they don't want to play from behind.
BTW - their subs at LB aren't that good. When they get out there the Skins have to keep them on the field.

Something to think about:
The Skins pass D gives up fewer passing yards a game than the Seahawks. Believe it or not.
Washington leads the league in rushing TDs. Considering how they bailed out of the run game against the Texans and the Giants - that should be a hint to keep running the ball.
Seattle doesn't kill themselves with penalties on the other hand the Redskins do.
As bad as the Skins are on 3rd down they are about equal in conversion rate and the Seahawks get into 3rd down more often. Another hint - they don't pass well on 3rd down.
Part of that is TOP - big advantage to the other guys.

I'll keep my ears on throughout the week for any other news from the great NW.
I walk by that stadium a couple of times a day 5 days a week, wearing my Redskins hardhat.
Sometimes it's real interesting what stuff crosses the fence, especially when they see the Burgundy & Gold come strutting by.

Seattle fans, players and coaches and media are the biggest sandbaggers in the NFL. That's what champions say since they don't have any bulletin board material. They will make up a contest to get players attention. I email two friends every day in Seattle. They aren't big football fans and never talk football other than to ask me who will win SB. But they are typical Seattle folks, no brag or trash talk really. Seahawks have owned the Redskins for as long as I can remember. And Wilson is from Richmond, Redskins territory. He delights in coming home. Only way the Seahawks lose is coughing up the ball several times.

Maybe we can put liquid heat in their jocks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.