• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Just not that good

Rymanofthenorth

BGObsessed
Reaction score
I live in the warmest city in the coldest provinc
Alma Mater
UTEP
against bad teams we look good, when the other team has a weak or small Dline, our offence flashes what it could look like if we had a decent oline. Our secondary looks ok against rookie or young qb's and our defence in general looks better against teams who have issues on offence.

I don't want to be just good enough to lose anymore, im tired of every coach that comes in here thinking " im the missing link, this team is good it just needs me"

BUILD A TEAM, because after 20 years of garbage, we deserve one

And would you also agree that a new head coach deserves more than one off-season and 4 games to actually do that?

Ryman, or anyone else for that matter, how do you explain that some of the teams with the worst O-lines in the league are the best teams in the league?

The Eagles, with easily the worst line in the league, are undefeated.

How is that?

By the way, after injuries to 3 starting O-linemen, Atlanta is playing a TE at RT today.

Skins fans have no idea how good we have it.

I just watched that TE play pass pro much better than our RT does.

MCD, I usually love your optimism and I know you're head over heels for Gruden and usually that's fine. But you have to stop. Our Line is not average. It's not good. It's bad. Mainly because of Polumus, though Chester contributes through suckage too from time to time. It's OK to admit that the Murphy pick might maybe have been better spent on the line. Or that a little added emphasis on the line this off season would have been better. We're not going to think less of you or Gruden, don't worry.

The line is not good. Polumus sucks. That's about the extent of it.

A friend of mine posted a comment on Facebook after the Giants pummeled us Thursday that we should expect troubles & problems because of a new coach/system & need to give him time. Then, yesterday, she posted that Gruden has 2 seasons to get things going here or she was going to lose her...well, her stuff...& be really upset.
"Where is the patience you spoke about just 2 days ago? You really think 2 years is enough time for a coach to come in here & change the culture of losing...AGAIN? Bill Cower, one of the more sought after retiree coaches (& one that regularly comes up in conversations when the Redskins are on the hunt for a new coach) spent 15 years in Pittsburgh & brought them exactly 1 Super Bowl win. 1." He wasn't forced out. He retired when he was good & ready to retire. That is the kind of patience we need here.

I'm not happy about the way this season opened up, but I can be honest with myself enough to recognize & admit that that is entirely my fault. I expected more from them than they are clearly capable of delivering right now. I saw thru my B&G goggles & allowed my emotions to control my thinking & so I expected them to be better than they have shown us so far. But I also am willing to give Grudes way more than just 2 seasons to get things done. Yes, I believe that next season will be the tru test as far as his power of influence & his capability to evaluate what he's got & what he needs to do. But in order for any coach to be successful, they need more than 2 years.

Ryman, or anyone else for that matter, how do you explain that some of the teams with the worst O-lines in the league are the best teams in the league?

The Eagles, with easily the worst line in the league, are undefeated.

How is that?

I would argue that they don't have the worst O-Line in the League.

By the way, after injuries to 3 starting O-linemen, Atlanta is playing a TE at RT today.

Skins fans have no idea how good we have it.

Right now, my mom is spending her time on a walker due to surgery. She could block better than Polumbus.

And would you also agree that a new head coach deserves more than one off-season and 4 games to actually do that?

I do agree however I would also say that after 4 games, there should be some movement in the direction towards improvement in glaring issues.
Like penalties and special teams. Neither has shown any improvement in 4 games. Just to get rolling and keep going upfield is a start.
Can't fix everything overnight but somethings aren't that hard to address and move in a positive direction.

In a vacuum that might be true and be perfectly reasonable. But again, we've been absolutely crushed by injuries - lot's of subs out there as starters. That's not helpful when trying to show progress on limiting mistakes. I'm not making excuses for them - but it can't be ignored as a major factor so far this year.

Honest question here. Not trying to stir anything up. When you, anyone on this thread, rate lines against one another how are you doing so? Number of sacks? Rushing yards? Eye test? If the latter, what's the population of games watched?

For me, I suppose it's mostly the eye test with a skew towards watching pass protection. Of course, that's about half the equation and there are probably only a handful of teams that I've watched enough where I think I could accurately compare.

I saw the most sad and embarrassing comments I've ever seen from any group of fans today on twitter. No one here. And they were Redskins fans. I have no idea what happened to the intelligence level of our fans. We used to be right up near the top. Maybe 15 years of losing will do that to people.

"Luck is awful. Luck sucks. Luck throws so many ints. Kaep sucks. Kaep is absolute crap."

Of course Luck went on to throw for almost 400 yards and 4 tds for the second week in a row, leading his team to victory.

Just some of the stupidest things I've ever read before. Beyond embarrassing. Ignorant. Sad.

This site is great because everyone is allowed to freely express his/her opinion as long as it's done with respect. It's what makes this site great.

Now, onto a few O-line comments that maybe people will think about, or maybe just discard before making another "woe is me" or "our O-line is the worst in the league" thread.

Prior to this weekend, games are still being played tonight and tomorrow, the Redskins line had given up 4 sacks.

Philly's line had given up 17.

And they were undefeated.

So seriously, I know we're smarter than the embarrassing Redskins fans I saw crying today on twitter.

4 sacks. 17 sacks. Jacksonville gave us 10 sacks in one game.

Now you may hate Polumbus, but our line is nowhere near as bad as many. Nor is it the reason for our record.

McD5,

You watching the Saints/Cowboys game?

You see what happens when a team gets a real Oline in front of their Qb?

I have to give the devil his due: Dallas,through the draft( imagine that!) , have built themselves the best Oline in the East and one of the tops in the NFC.

If their D keeps performing like they are vs the Saints, they'll sweep us and give Philly a run for the division.

For those claiming "we'll never win without a better O-line" are you aware that Philly won our division with just as many sacks, or even more sacks, hurried passes and hits than we had last season?

Are you aware that Seattle won the SB with a worse O-line then us last season?

So how did they win the SB with a worse O-line in virtually every single statistic?

They have a better defense? Better coaching? Better WRs or STs?

Oh, so you mean it isn't the O-line? Wow, what a shocker. Maybe a strong defense carried them, and is more important than having the best O-line in the league?

I promise you, it will take those morons on twitter ten years to realize this. It took them ten years to realize that having Adrian Peterson or J Charles didn't equate to winning games.

If you want to be there week in week out, year in year out, you have to be strong up front on both sides up the ball.

The Eagles offense was basically shut down all day long today because they can't run and Foles is taking a beating.

Tom Brady looks mortal this year because Belichick traded away his best guard and the rest of the unit looks like ours,sans Williams.

We do not pay heed to history...even our own. QBs,RBs,TEs and WRs changed but Gibbs still won and this team was a threat year in year out.

The one constant? Oline.

Deny it all you want but it's the truth.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.