• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Just not that good

"I dont honestly care about any other team"

"I have seen other teams that can....."

we get plenty of pressure with our DL. Baker, Hatcher, Kerrigan, even Murphy is meeting the QB.

You quoted me without the full statement. What I said had nothing to do with the pressure we get, but the pressure that is put on our QB.

We got zero pressure against the Giants - zero. We've had one really good performance by the DL (good is probably not an adequate descriptor) but we've not seen consistent pressure. We can chalk it up to injuries - Hatcher and Orakpo specifically have both been banged up already. But the bottom line is we should have a fearsome pass rush with the talent there and so far, it's been pretty spotty.

As far as the whole OL discussion - I'm pretty sick of the 'we're not the worst OL in the league' and 'teams have won the SB with bad OL's' arguments. Is that really what we're shooting for - that's the best we can do - is to strive to be successful in spite of our crappy pass protection. I want someone making those arguments to find me a coach, HS, college, or otherwise, that will support the belief that having a bad OL unit is somehow inconsequential and 'nothing to worry about'.

For real. Just because coaches & teams were able to work around that bad OL & were successful ONCE with it does not mean sustained success will come keeping a bad OL. If Seattle's OL is as bad as is being argued, their success WILL be short lived. Period.

We're gonna get killed...again. If there's any silver lining it's that Seattle isn't the same team on the road they are at home. But who are we kidding this is Fed Ex, the land of visitor blowouts, the place Offenses go to get healthy and defenses go to pad stats, we're gonna get stomped. I'm not even going to get into the O line argument, I am amazed that anyone from our fanbase is still arguing that, especially someone who lived through the Gibbs years.

Our offensive line is, at best, average at pass blocking. Self-inflicted wound due to years of neglect and some whiffs on attempted cures. Fortunately, it appears Allen/Gruden are not satisfied--hence the attention paid to it in 2014 in both FA and the draft. It remains to be seen how timely/effective improvement will come, but we can at least see recognition of the problem and attempts at a cure.

Our defense, meanwhile, continues to be coached by a failed DC in Jim Haslett. Unfortunately, for reasons unknown, the Redskins voluntarily brought him back for yet another season. Self-inflicted wound that continues to bleed out. Until the recognize and attempt to cure this ill, and a real DC is brought in AND given time to fix the hemorrhaging, the improvement in pass blocking will simply mean we lose shootouts instead of blowouts.

So there.

Not only the very existence of Has, but the insistence on running a 3-4 when the team has never tried to get the proper personnel for it. We were told the 3-4 was Shanny's desire. Well, he's gone now and we have guys who can excel in a 4-3.

Other than our secondary, but they'd be sub-par in any Defense.

Nick

I've never worried too much about the 3-4 or 4-3 thing. The number of plays we actually line up in 3-4 is what ... 40%

To me it's simply about Has not being a particularly good teacher (witness the mind-numbing number of blown assignments and breakdowns), not a very adept gameplanner, and a simply awful in-game playcaller. Particularly on third downs. I don't believe I've ever seen a less adept third-down playcaller ... certainly not at the NFL level.

Other than all that, he's money.

well so far:

- we had 3 draftees not even make the team

- we have had one who is a starter...by injury...and he had his arse handed to him all day by the Gints

- the others, IMO, haven't contributed anything news worthy.

I won't say what you know is around the corner. I'll just ask when the eff are we going to draft a first day starter who is a difference maker? for every ALF there has been 10 dozen failures/mediocrities. the problems on this team reach deeper than Haz.

I won't say what you know is around the corner. I'll just ask when the eff are we going to draft a first day starter who is a difference maker? for every ALF there has been 10 dozen failures/mediocrities. the problems on this team reach deeper than Haz.

It's almost an intangible. Like a curse, without truly being a curse (because I'm not big on superstitions). I know people want to blame Snyder but it started while Cooke was still the owner so it can't be all on Snyder. Whatever it is tho, something needs to change. It's getting old.

Since Russel Wilson has consistently been the best QB in the NFL against a pass rush and he's actually weak against base defenses this will be the week Haslett decides to bring the heat only to watch RW make us pay for it repeatedly then run Lynch down our throats 20 times in the 2nd half.

Since Russel Wilson has consistently been the best QB in the NFL against a pass rush and he's actually weak against base defenses this will be the week Haslett decides to bring the heat only to watch RW make us pay for it repeatedly then run Lynch down our throats 20 times in the 2nd half.

...to which Haslett will predictably not adjust.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.