• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Skins Quotes Post-Game vs. Giants: Redskins Players

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
September 25, 2014
FedExField

Quarterback Kirk Cousins

On his performance and the difference in the last two games:
“Yeah, I think I got a little bit of mind play because I was killing us here and there and all the turnovers in the second half. So what happened I would say, from the quarterback standpoint, I turned the ball over too much, especially [the] first two interceptions. We still ran it. You know, it really hurt and I felt like especially with the first one, it was third down, we were moving the ball, we were coming back, I feel like we were in it. Had that been a conversion, had I not turned the ball over there I think, you’d like to think, the game would have taken a different trail.”

On whether or not this was a snowball effect:
“Yeah, I think that certainly played a part of it. I was trying to get everything back in one play and you can’t do that. That’s not the way it’s going to come back so I was trying to force things and trying to do too much and just didn’t stay true to my reads and stay patient so I’m going to learn from it but not a good outing tonight.”

On if the snowball effect caused him to try to get all the points back at once:
“Yes. That’s why you don’t want to get behind, why you don’t want to turn the ball over in the first place. It just snowballs because you put your defense in behind the 8-ball and they have a short field to defend. There were just too many times tonight where I, or we, made mistakes and we just made things that much harder to come back from. ”

On the difference between last week’s game and this week:
“Yeah we were right there and we scored the first drive coming out on the second half so we were doing good things and there were parts in the first half where we felt like we probably should have been a lot better off than we were when the score was at halftime, so all the way through we felt like we were right there until those turnovers started to kill us.”

On coming out of halftime strong and adjustments the Giants made to take the Redskins out of rhythm:
“I really don’t think so. It goes back to the turnovers. We were running the ball well; we had a good mix of play-action pass. We have to do better and I have to be better on third down. We have to be better at protecting the football. If we would have done that, it would have been a much better result tonight.”

On what he will do mentally having this weekend off:
“I don’t think I have an answer for you just yet, I’m still trying to figure that out. Coming off this performance, a part of you wants to get back in there and learn from it as much as possible and try not to let it happen again. At the same time you want to be well-rested physically and mentally for the next week. Little balance, but I don’t have an answer for you just yet.”

On putting a bad performance behind him:
“You go back, you do watch the film, and be tough on yourself. As I said before, make sure it doesn’t happen again. It’s a lot we can learn from this game, obviously. Hopefully going forward, it will make us a better team and I will be a better quarterback as a result.”

On if there was a point in the game he thought nothing was going right:
“Lot of things were going right for us, for a while. After the first turnover, we were still in it. After the second turnover, we were still in it. Then it just started to snowball. You get late in the fourth and they have a big lead, it because insurmountable.”

Safety Ryan Clark

On the strength and competitiveness of the NFC East:
“We were bad. Last week, I don't think we were bad. This is a very competitive game. Philadelphia scores a lot of points. Tonight, it was awful. We were a bad team. We didn’t execute, we didn’t play the calls like Coach Haz [Defensive Coordinator Jim Haslett] had coached us to play them. We didn’t match the routes like we should have and we didn’t tackle well on the run like we’re supposed to. If you don’t do those things, you don’t win football games, period.”

On preparing for the Seattle Seahawks:
“You know, it is what it is. This one’s over. I mean, what can you do? We’ve got to come back and go to work. Right now, our focus can’t be Seattle. Our focus has to be the Washington Redskins. It has to be, 'How much better can we get? How many things can we fix in the time that we have?’”

Safety Brandon Meriweather

On the team’s performance:
“They came out with a great game plan. They executed it perfectly. We’ve just got to get better. We did a lot of good things, but not enough, you know? We can’t stop them on third downs, we had penalties…we tackled well, but it’s one of those games.”

On how injuries to the secondary from the shortened week affected the game:
“Any time you have an injury, you feel it – especially the very next game, especially on a short week when you only have three days to prepare. You know, I’m not saying that as an excuse because the next man needs to step up and we always have to be ready to play, so it is what it is. We’re looking forward to getting better.”

Wide Receiver Andre Roberts

On catching his first touchdown as a member of the Redskins:
“You know, it always feels good to score a touchdown. Obviously, you want the win more than the touchdown, but to score as a Redskin and have your first touchdown, it is a really good feeling.”

Nose Tackle Chris Baker

On New York Giants quarterback Eli Manning’s performance:
“He had a hell of a game. You’ve got to find a way to get it done in all three phases – offense, defense and special teams.

On if the team was affected by cornerback DeAngelo Hall not playing due to injury:
“I don’t know. You have to watch the film to see what happened in the back end, what happened in the front end. We need to do a better job collectively as a team to get a W.”

On the team’s 10 sacks against Jacksonville and one sack in the other three games:
“That’s how the NFL is – one day you’re on top, the next day you have to grind. Every game we’re not going to get 10 sacks, but we’ve got to do our best to put them in those situations where you get after them. And when it’s our time to get after them, you get after them. But we didn’t get the job done today. We give our hats off to the Giants, but we’ll see them later on in the year and hopefully get some revenge.”

Running Back Alfred Morris

On if the outcome was shocking:
“Not really shocking, but it is more of a wakeup call. We know that we have a good team and we have to show up every day and we didn't show up today. We made a lot of mistakes, penalties, turnovers and the Giants just beat us and they made us like it, unfortunately. Got to find a way to get better, we will and we will just build from this.”

On if the short week had something to do with the result:
“No, I don't think so. They had a quick turnaround just like we had a quick turnaround. We just didn't show up tonight.”

On what to do from here:
“We’ve got to win, we’ve got to find a win. Sadly, that is the only thing that matters in this league. Now we are down 0-2 in the division and we have to find a way to bounce back from that. We have to win. So we will get it together in this extra time that we have, prepare for the Seahawks after we review this film and correct our mistakes.”

Cornerback Bashaud Breeland

On how they played against the Giants:
“We just didn’t play. They were the better team tonight. They made more plays than we did.”

On if the Giants were doing something they hadn’t seen before:
“No, it was basically just playing better than we had.”

On moving past this performance:
“I mean, as a corner you’ve got to have one mindset. You’ve got to let it go. There is nothing to hold on – bad game, the next game won’t be the same.”

On what the coming days will be like:
“My preparation has to be better than it was previously.”

On if he was ready for the challenge:
“I am always ready for a challenge. I just ended up on the wrong end of the stick tonight.”

Fullback Darrel Young

On if he thought tonight was or wasn't going to be the Redskins’ night:
“I thought it was going to be our night when [Giants wide receiver] Victor Cruz dropped that ball in the beginning of the game, and I said, 'OK, we got action.’ But going back to a couple years ago, Hakeem Nicks dropped that same pass, wide open, I was like, 'OK, it’s going to be that type of game for us.’ But he did a good job being the competitor he is and they overcame everything and they just won the game.”

On if time off before the next game is good or bad:
“Good, we’ve got a lot of injuries man. Got a lot, a lot of injuries that need to be addressed and we’ve got to be in the training room. We’ve got to check each other, we’ve got to look at ourselves in the mirror on Tuesday or whenever we’ve got practice – Monday, Sunday, whatever. Whenever we’ve got practice again we’ve got to look at ourselves and we’ve got to do better. I think if we are going to do this thing, we’ve got 12 games left to decide what we are going to do. Everything without a purpose is noise. If we’re going to talk about it, be about it or go have fun. I don't believe anybody on this team is sitting here saying that we are going 1-15 at this point. We are going to do some good things. We know what we are capable of doing, we just actually have to go out there and execute. So looking forward from here, everyone wants to put this game behind us, but the reality is for the next week and a half that is all we have to live by. We go into this weekend off looking at, 'Hey, wish we could have, should have…’ You know, all that good stuff, but we just have to do better. There is no excuse for what happened tonight. They did a good job and capitalized on everything that we did wrong and we need to do the same.”

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.