• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

RG may yet suceed, but were the firsts wasted?

It'd not Griff or Kirk.

Let's face truth: this organization has sucked for 20+ years.

It is not going to change.

Another factor in trying to weigh whether Bob was "worth" the price, particularly in regards to the "we were not just one player away" argument, is that a Franchise QB is not "just one player." A Franchise QB changes everything. You have one, you contend for a decade or more. You don't, and you're just another team trying to catch lightning in a bottle for any given season.

Bobby Beathard and Joe Gibbs never looked at it that way. I don't know what has changed everyone's minds here because we all know that growing up, what made this franchise special was trench strength on both sides of the ball.

When a cemented in the ground statue like Rypien or Williams can carry you to glory, why wouldn't that method work today?

What disappoints the most about Snyder? A guy that proclaims that he grew up a fan, apparently wasn't as into the nuts and bolts of his football team as we are when we post here.

Because if he had...now hold on. I'm not suggesting that he makes personnel moves. Never want an owner doing that. But, an owner can set a vision and that vision should have been: I want this club to dedicate it's resources to being strong up front first and fill in the rest after.

But that never happened here. For all the talk that this club has changed it's ways from the Snyderatto years, look at the positions we have the most strength in: WR,RB, some say QB..ha!...and when he's able to get off the stretcher, TE.

All skill/flash positions. We rarely draft DL. We do the bare minimum on OL. It's either overpay some very average guard (Lauvao) or go for the "project " Olinemen like LeRibeus,Long,Moses etc.

And even though we drafted Moses to replace Tyler Polumbus, just remember....for as great as Moses was, he still wandered a desert with his people for 40 years.

Those "projects" take a Long time to pay off...if they ever.

Bobby Beathard was blessed with one of the best head coaches in NFL history. Joe Gibbs won Super Bowls because he was as good as the league has ever seen in creating a winning chemistry in the locker room, meeting rooms, on the field. That he was able to win with the QB's he did was a testament to Gibbs, Petitbone and Bobby Beathard for finding guys that fit the Gibbs mold. But mostly it was about Gibbs. I can't imagine another head coach besides maybe Bill Parcells in that era who could have achieved anywhere close to the level of success with the QB talent Gibbs had to.

That said, damn straight these modern Redskins have failed utterly at the need to be competitive on the line of scrimmage. On both sides. Last night was this franchise continuing to pay the price for 20 years of building from the outside in rather than from the inside out. They were embarrassed on both lines of scrimmage yet again--a pattern we have been watching for many years. And it won't get better this year. It's going to take a total change in drafting and FA philosophy, and time.

That's the bad news.

The good news is, they MIGHT have found a quarterback to stir the drink for them, when and if they ever get serious about the LOS, when they brought in RG3. But it won't matter if they don't figure that out soon, because the kid is either going to kill himself or get killed playing behind the amateurish group we are stuck with yet again.

Joe gibbs understood that you build your oline, you find a good mix of receivers and on defence you play aggresive but sound football. He also understood that a great qb with no line wont do much but a good QB with a great line will be in the probowl

Another factor in trying to weigh whether Bob was "worth" the price, particularly in regards to the "we were not just one player away" argument, is that a Franchise QB is not "just one player." A Franchise QB changes everything. You have one, you contend for a decade or more. You don't, and you're just another team trying to catch lightning in a bottle for any given season.

Totally agree with you here. As of now, I see Robert as an average QB and Cousins a rookie QB (yes until he starts 16 games). I also don't believe now that we will win with either one and we are fast on our way of wasting whatever good talent we have, as usual. Like you say lightning in the bottle, only we can't even hope for that, as our ST and D testify. Its what its always been in this league, unless you have a top 10 QB, you won't be contending for anything. So while we desperately need OL and secondary, we still need that dam QB. I do hope we see Griffin again this year, no holding him out, use him up the sooner we find out if he's in our future the better. Until then, Redskins football isn't worth watching anymore as I hate to watch quitters, we'll see what kind of people they are Monday. Separate the quitters from the keepers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.