• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

ESPN (Keim): Redskins resilient, but mistakes haunt them

Talk about the defense all you want. But at the end, down two scores, the got us ball back, twice.

The offense scored a quick TD, which they had to do. It's their job, and all.

But they needed the defense to get the ball back again. They did.

The special teams got a gift from the Eagles, and set the offense up to win the game.

They screwed the pooch. Big time.

So, in crunch time, the defense came through twice.
The offense, did not.

Beat the Giants!!!

Unfortunately, those "stops" by the defense were a quarterback missing open receivers for what would have been first downs.

The offense got the ball back, but not due to the play of the defense.

Call it what you want. The offense failed, with the game on the line.

Count me in the group saying Sunday was NOT a fun game to watch. Yes, our offense did great, but watching, yet again, our team doing to proverbial snatching of the defeat from the jaws of victory made me want to cry. Okay, I wasn't close to crying, but those have always been the losses that have been hardest for me to get over whether in a sport I'm playing or watching it happen on TV with my favorite team.

Oh well. Like my dad always said, "being a Redskins fan prepares you for life." :laugh:

2005 Wildcard against the Bucs. I would put that win, the MNF Moss x 2 TD game, and both Dallas wins in 2012 (one to clinch a playoff game and knock Dallas out of contention) all well above the past 2 week's games (yesterday's which ended in failure).

Add to that the 11.5.06 game against Dallas where we blocked a game-winning FG & Sean Taylor picked it up, ran it back, drawing a facemask penalty against Dallas on the run & Nick Novak kicking his own game winner sending FedEx Field into straight pandemonium...that's on my list as probably the top favorite. And I was there for that one so it has a special place for me.

Last edited:
Count me in the group saying Sunday was NOT a fun game to watch. Yes, our offense did great, but watching, yet again, our team doing to proverbial snatching of the defeat from the jaws of victory made me want to cry. Okay, I wasn't close to crying, but those have always been the losses that have been hardest for me to get over whether in a sport I'm playing or watching it happen on TV with my favorite team.

Oh well. Like my dad always said, "being a Redskins fan prepares you for life." :laugh:

Considering the way we played last year against the Eagles, while it was a tough loss Sunday, it was well played & easy to like that. Being beat while playing our best is easier to swallow then beating ourselves at every turn & losing 37-3. And while I know that there are no "moral victories" in this game, I also know that winning is upon us. Starting this week against the Giants, I believe we win big tomorrow night.

EDIT: Btw, your father is a wise man.

I like what I hear. I'm hoping I see it in the near future. I've been so tired of press conference rhetoric. It sounds like he's already tired of it himself.

I'm tired of the blah blah blah too. Gruden is trying to sound forthright. But he now knows he is sounding like a broken record. that is what this team is, and has been for years. penalies, turnovers, lack of defense, boneheaded mindless plays by boneheaded mindless players.

He has to change his tune and actually get mad about it, and actually do something about his assistant coaching in practice, and during game time. This hands off approach is failing. He needs to take the bull by the horns.

Now looks like I'll have to say it again. Until we have a winning season, until Cousins can actually get a W under his belt, until we actually stop giving winnable games away, the only game that matters is Dallas. That's all we got to live for. I harbor no illusions that we can beat teams ranked in the bottom third of the conference. Actually the bottom three along with the Bucs and Rams. Stats mean nothing, franchise record for sacks mean nothing against a Jax. We have to at least have some integrity left by beating the Cowboys. Until I see that too, I won't believe it. Sorry but I've watched terrible terrible cowboys teams beat us for seamingly no reason. That has to change before we can be a winning franchise, IMHO. Sorry for me I have been living deep behind enemy lines (Dallas) since 1998. we have gone 9-23 against them since then and I am sick of it. Will never go to another game in Dallas, we always lose there. Enough is enough.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.