• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Vegas: Skins Favored By 3 1/2

McD5

The Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Florida State
That's nice to see. Now let's get this season back on track.

Take into account home field and it's essentially a pickem' game. They beat up on Hou who beat us, and we lost key defensive players, coming into a short week. I hope our Offense can stay hot!

Week four and we're playing a "must" game if this team has realistic expectations of hanging in the division race.

Can't fall to 1-3, and 0-2 in the NFCE ... not with the Seahawks and @Cardinals on deck.

No excuses this week. NY isn't any better than we are on paper. This will be our first look at Jay Gruden's ability to get his team over a hangover loss and ready to take care of business at home.

I put this another thread, but seems more appropriate here. The Vegas people don't miss much--they may have this in mind already:

Don't be surprised at all if Amerson is suspended for the NYG game. In the scrum after Baker took out Foles, the cameras clearly caught Amerson jumping up and throwing a punch at someone. With him probably suspended, and DHall down, and Hatcher limited, we're going to need to score points.

I put this another thread, but seems more appropriate here. The Vegas people don't miss much--they may have this in mind already:

Don't be surprised at all if Amerson is suspended for the NYG game. In the scrum after Baker took out Foles, the cameras clearly caught Amerson jumping up and throwing a punch at someone. With him probably suspended, and DHall down, and Hatcher limited, we're going to need to score points.
This is not a definite though, correct?

I believe, no matter how good or bad a team is, in this League every Division game is a "must win" game. We only get 6 Division games & being down 1 already...we need to get this season rolling in a positive direction. If Cousins continues to light up defenses like he has, I see no reason to believe that we will start winning more games, hopefully starting this week against a weak Division opponent.

This is not a definite though, correct?
Not that I've heard, no. Didn't mean to give that impression.

But watching the replay it's painfully obvious that#39 jumps up on the outside of the scrum and throws a targeted punch at someone inside. I'll be surprised if he's not suspended ....

I believe, no matter how good or bad a team is, in this League every Division game is a "must win" game. We only get 6 Division games & being down 1 already...we need to get this season rolling in a positive direction. If Cousins continues to light up defenses like he has, I see no reason to believe that we will start winning more games, hopefully starting this week against a weak Division opponent.
No argument, really. So I'll just say that to me not all "must games" are created equal. :)

Mentioned that in chat yesterday, Om. A fine is coming and with the current climate in the media, you can bet Mara is in Goodell's ear about that scrum. Don't be surprised if Baker is out for Thursday, too.

Mentioned that in chat yesterday, Om. A fine is coming and with the current climate in the media, you can bet Mara is in Goodell's ear about that scrum. Don't be surprised if Baker is out for Thursday, too.

I dont know. Had he led with his, and/or, hit Foles in the helmet, I would agree. The hit looked far uglier then it was. He got low, led with his shoulder into Foles chest, and extended his arms. No contact to head. My gut tells me it's going to go the other way and they will say it wasnt as bad as it appeared, and that the flag was more of a reaction to the result because the refs weren't watchin Foles, they were watching the ball. The only view they had of the play was a peripheral seeing him 'lauch' at the hands of someone far larger then him.

I get the feeling the suspensions will be announced on the morning of the game...last minute, just like the cap penalty bullshit!

I get the feeling the suspensions will be announced on the morning of the game...last minute, just like the cap penalty bullshit!

I actually thought about it this morning and said to myself "it's tuesday and I havent heard anything.. we should be good... oh wait... were playing the Giants."

Week four and we're playing a "must" game if this team has realistic expectations of hanging in the division race.

Can't fall to 1-3, and 0-2 in the NFCE ... not with the Seahawks and @Cardinals on deck.

No excuses this week. NY isn't any better than we are on paper. This will be our first look at Jay Gruden's ability to get his team over a hangover loss and ready to take care of business at home.

Yeah I was looking at the schedule too and concluded that Sunday vs. Eagles was must win. Now I thing we're all but done. At the very best we can do, is go 3-6 to open the year, and that is a repeat of last two years.

Lose against the Giants and its official. We don't have that many points in our offense against a half way decent defense. Not every opponent is a Jax. Plus the offense simply can't overcome the worst teams play in the league, not to mention a defense who is doing their best to create pearl harbor crew part 2.

Poor coaching from the teams and Defense, time for Gruden to drop his "hands off" policy on the sidelines as head coach and start holding someone accountable.

Huge opportunity for us this weekend.

Dallas has to play the Saints.

Philly has to fly all the way to San Fran, where San Fran is favored by 5 1/2.

We can make some nice progress Thursday night.

Been fun following your excitement about Jay Gruden, McD. I'm starting to share it ... though I'm still a little disconcerted he retained Hazlett. The Giants game is the first one I'm going into this year with some real confidence--up until now it's been kind of wait-and-see for me.

I really like a lot of what I've seen from Jay--his offense in particular. Now I need to see him get this team up off the mat from the heartbreaker Sunday and turn in a professional win on Thursday night against a division foe we absolutely could and should beat at home.

Big early game in the Gruden Era.

Om, I've been praying for this guy to come here for at least the last eight years. He's the perfect coach and motivator, but I believe he was tailor-made for this exact postion for about twenty different reasons, but here are three quick ones that will become apparent in time:

1. He destroyed his knee exactly like RG3 did. He went through the same emotions, pain and rehab. He immediately returned the next season and threw 4 TDs in his first game back. He was RG3. RG3 immediately buys in.

2. Jay had one shot in the NFL, and was a great QB himself. Unfortunately, he had to beat out a young Dan Marino to earn a roster spot. No chance He was Kirk Cousins. Kirk Cousins immediately buys in.

3. Jay has gone from loser team to loser team. Some of the cheapest, most incompetently run franchises with the absolute worst owners. Dumpster fires. And he wins immediately. Not only does he win on the field, but he wins off of it. That intangible will go a long way in mending the fracture between the Skins and the DC media. It's impossible to dislike Jay Gruden's personality, sense of humor and basic decency as a person.

I believe you're going to be very happy for a long time to come.

You can say that again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.