• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Body Bag II

Cycleans

The Starter
Reaction score
Ref's are going to throw a shoulder out with all the flags...Win or lose a tough physical battle.

I think we have the makings of a strong team

Hall is apparently out for season with achilles injury.

I wonder if the Baker hit was retaliation for the hit on Kirk during the delay of game penalty

I wonder if the Baker hit was retaliation for the hit on Kirk during the delay of game penalty

Yes and no. I'm sure Baker had it in his mind, but he was also "blocking" on the INT return.

Nick

He says he didn't know it was Foles. He's told on an interception to go find someone and block them and that's what he did. Lead with his shoulder not his helmet as the rules say.

He says he didn't know it was Foles. He's told on an interception to go find someone and block them and that's what he did. Lead with his shoulder not his helmet as the rules say.

Yeah. I think it was Mike who said during chat that he'd be pissed if it happened to our QB, but it was a legal play. That's about where I am with it.

Reffing today was horrendous. Absolutely brutal.

He's a liar.

He knew it was illegal, and did it anyway.

Big fine, possible 1 game suspension.

I missed the game today (kinda scared to watch, but also had a lot of lawns to mow today, so...), but it sounds like & looked like we played well. Captain Kirk is making a strong case to keep the starting job. I would struggle to sit him after 2 very strong performances & if he continues to play this way, RG3 should have to sit back & be on clipboard duty.

Other than that, while I saw a couple of shoving matches (as always with the Iggles-that's nothing new), "body bag game 2"? As I recall, the original "body bag game" saw 6 QBs & ridiculous amount of injuries. Body bag game 2 this was not.

He's a liar.

He knew it was illegal, and did it anyway.

Big fine, possible 1 game suspension.

How was it illegal? Serious question. Cheap shot, maybe. That I can see. But not sure how it could be considered illegal.

It was an illegal cheap shot.

He will, and should, face a possible suspension.

How was it illegal ?
It was perfectly within the rules. And besides that, I've seen that exact same incident happen numerous times in other teams' games, and have never seen it called as a penalty. The moment the ball is turned over, or ruled a turnover on the field, the entire offense becomes a defender, and the QB is no exception.
If the QB has a right to tackle on an INT, then Baker has a right to hit him.

Last edited:
Just to be clear, there's no such thing as a 'cheap shot'. There's what's allowed in the rulebook, and there's what's not allowed in the rulebook. So Baker is not allowed to level Foles - but Foles (had the initial INT call stood up) has the right to go unblocked and tackle our defender? Had that play been an absolutely undisputed INT, they wouldn't have called it. I don't think there was any way for Baker to know it wasn't an INT and he did the right thing in terms of a football decision. The QB knows he has to protect himself in that situation.

Only caveat would be if the rules regarding the QB are different after an INT - I'm not aware of any special rule for QBs, but if there is one that obviously is a different matter.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.