• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Body Bag II

Ax is 100% correct...we were in the position you want, 1st and 10 on the 41 yard line with 2 time outs down by 3. The play calling in that stretch was suspect, Kirk's throws were poor and it was a failure to finish it off.

There is rarely any one thing that costs a team a game, but we were given what every team wants...a chance to win at the end. We did not capitalize. Is that youth in coaching and the QB? Could be...but I have seen younger coaches and QB's win in that situation.

However, I am not worried. I have seen enough progress with this team in just a year to be happy with our future. I am not going to spooge all over myself like McD5 does with Gruden, but I like him more and more.

Given a solid outing this season and another off-season to develop the areas of concern...mainly our safety play and RG/RT...I could see us playing for a chance to get to SB L!

A team wants that chance to win at the end to be sure, after the ST and Defense screwed it up. It was fortunate to be in that position and unfortunate not to capitalize. I sense that Gruden will get that fixed. I would rather that when the offense hangs 34 points on the board the game is not decided in the last minutes. We're do some good old fashion ass kickings.

Remember when Sapp hit Clifton and McCarthy got up in his face?

"Suit up!!!" You want to talk shit and try to dictate what is good and what is legal then suit up!

I watched that play several times and there was nothing defenseless about Foles there except him not paying attention like he should have been. He was less than 5 yards from our guy who had the ball so he was acting like he was trying to get in on the play. Baker hit him shoulder first in the chest and didn't even hit him as hard as he could.

I don't blame Peters for sticking up for his QB and going after Baker and as a matter of fact I now respect Peters a little more for doing that. You WANT your OL to be fiercely protective of them. But all of this talk about Foles being defenseless is nonsense. If he wanted to truly be defenseless and not in the play he wouldn't have been going towards the play and just stood back with his hands up. Maybe taken a red jersey out of his pocket so they can't hit him.

I'm already beyond yesterday. It's over and we can't change it.

Even if it wasn't intentional, I'm glad that Baker got the shot. It may not have been payback for the dead ball "sack" on Cousin Kirk, but I will treat it as such, be happy with it, make a few cracks about it with my friends who are eagles fans, and smile every time I think about it or someone brings it up.

@markmaske reports nfl ruling baker hit was legal. Hmmmm

We've been through this. I admitted I was wrong. I had crow for dinner.

you wanna rub it in a little more? Have at it.

We've been through this. I admitted I was wrong. I had crow for dinner.

you wanna rub it in a little more? Have at it.

Edit. Ahhh I see, it was posted in another thread. I didn't know that. Just got out of class and I saw it on fb. I had no idea you all even knew, I assumed this was where it would have been reported. I wasn't trying to rub any thing in.

Last edited:
Edit. Ahhh I see, it was posted in another thread. I didn't know that. Just got out of class and I saw it on fb. I had no idea you all even knew, I assumed this was where it would have been reported. I wasn't trying to rub any thing in.

That's ok, I was prepared to rub it in... ;)

Last edited:
I'm terribly sorry. Believe me when I say that I am typing in a very calm, soft voice. Wearing a sweater. :)

I don't actually know what the rule book says, or why. I do know that after Warren Sapp performed this same, unfriendly contact, on the center of the Green Bay Packers, who was also not actively trying to block anyone, or making any real effort to make a tackle, and blowing out his knee, it initiated the changing of the rule. I don't exactly when the rule was changed. I cannot give an explanation of the wording.

I wrongly assumed that most knew it. I'm actually shocked, that so few do.

I apologize for my insensitivity.

You know what they say about ASSumptions? Lol, just teasing you a little man. You can take it like a man, I'm sure.😁

Why, yes I can.

It comes with having no fear of being wrong, concerning inconsistent, poorly enforced rules that change week to week.

And no insecure need to stroke myself in public, singing "I'm Too Sexy", anytime someone tells me I might be right.

At least it's been settled that the NFL always gets it right, and there is no need going forward to ever question their rulings on anything. Think of the saved bandwidth.

Why, yes I can.

It comes with having no fear of being wrong, concerning inconsistent, poorly enforced rules that change week to week.

And no insecure need to stroke myself in public, singing "I'm Too Sexy", anytime someone tells me I might be right.

True, you just sing it before you know you are right and then get grumpy when teased about it when proven incorrect. (Hint: see how El handled it, its a good model)

I....kind of want to see this.

They're all posting some picture of the fight and DeSean standing off to the side about how "he aint about that life" like its all they have to do. I get so confused when we play them...I was born and bred to hate the Cowbums but the Iggles really make it easy to just flat out hate them. My wife's maid of honor is an Iggles fan...and I told her flat out "Dont talk to me" before and after the game. She is a typical fan...and I dont want to get in to it with my wife when I treat her like it.

They're all posting some picture of the fight and DeSean standing off to the side about how "he aint about that life" like its all they have to do. I get so confused when we play them...I was born and bred to hate the Cowbums but the Iggles really make it easy to just flat out hate them. My wife's maid of honor is an Iggles fan...and I told her flat out "Dont talk to me" before and after the game. She is a typical fan...and I dont want to get in to it with my wife when I treat her like it.

Wow. That's funny. It's difficult to treat Eagles fans with too much respect. The few that I have had to deal with here are ok, but they're still Eagles fans & I know somewhere inside them is the need to throw battery-laced snowballs at Santa Claus. So I spend little time talking about football with them.

On a side not, it's easy for me to hate the Cowboys & Eagles. I actually work with a stereotypical Cowboys fan who swears he knows more about the Cowboys than I do, than swears that they've been to the Super Bowl 10 times. When I corrected him, he got upset & basically told me I don't know what I'm talking about. So, I told him that I would bet him my next 2 paychecks that they've only been to 8 (I say only loosely since they have been to more than anyone else) to which he refused the bet. I told him to go look it up. Suddenly, he didn't care enough to do that. I have learned a valuable lesson throughout the years. Keep your friends at arms length & your enemies against your chest.

Of course, I could also tell y'all stories about this guy that would pretty much have you spitting whatever beverage of your choice on your keyboard (& stuff that you would go, "well that figures. He is a Cowboys fan").

Sad to say, but when you look at this guy, you can see that the engine is running, but there isn't anyone behind the wheel. Like I said, typical Cowboys fan.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.