• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Official Game Thread at Eagles

So, all of you trying to shout down those of us who insisted it wasn't outside the boundaries of the rules and was a legal hit - I don't want to say 'I told you so'.

But I told you so :)

The crow stand is open, happy to serve you guys up a heaping portion, step on up...

Ha! Oh you needed it baby, you needed it baaaaad! And that's Bone to you.

Countdown to Ax telling me it doesn't matter what the NFL says - it's coming! And I love you anyway Ax :)
Oh, it matters now, huh? The NFL is always right. Don't ever want to see another complaint about them.

While you guys are enjoying preening each other, chew on this.

It drew a penalty. I bet will continue to do so, more times than not.

It will reopen the targeting of QB's until someone gets hurt. No whining if it's Capt Kirk.

It was a cheapshot. Baker couldn't sniff Foles while pass rushing, so he took the chicken shit route and basically sucker punched a guy who wasn't looking. Y'all can feel good about it if you want to. I see it as a puss move. Even if it hadn't drawn a flag, the action fired up the Eagles and their fans. So stupid, is the best I could call it.

Poorly written rules, open to interpretation, subject to the whims of the wind, are never a good thing.

We were having fun last night - not seriously sticking it to anyone. Given how much crap a couple of us took over our (correct) interpretation of the rule, id say we earned having a little fun with it.

Oh, it matters now, huh? The NFL is always right. Don't ever want to see another complaint about them.

While you guys are enjoying preening each other, chew on this.

It drew a penalty. I bet will continue to do so, more times than not.

It will reopen the targeting of QB's until someone gets hurt. No whining if it's Capt Kirk.

It was a cheapshot. Baker couldn't sniff Foles while pass rushing, so he took the chicken shit route and basically sucker punched a guy who wasn't looking. Y'all can feel good about it if you want to. I see it as a puss move. Even if it hadn't drawn a flag, the action fired up the Eagles and their fans. So stupid, is the best I could call it.

Poorly written rules, open to interpretation, subject to the whims of the wind, are never a good thing.

I don't believe there was a soul here who said the hit was in high character, only that by the formal wording of the rule it seemed confusing as to what was illegal about it.
The rule sure seemed clear to those of us who read it. Your temper tantrum doesn't change the fact that you made an assumption that was wrong. Man up sir. Your high horse is unbecoming.

I don't believe there was a soul here who said the hit was in high character, only that by the formal wording of the rule it seemed confusing as to what was illegal about it.
The rule sure seemed clear to those of us who read it. Your temper tantrum doesn't change the fact that you made an assumption that was wrong. Man up sir. Your high horse is unbecoming.
Of course, your ASSumption that I'm riding a high horse throwing a temper tantrum is typical for you.

Enjoy your moment, Skippy.

Of course, your ASSumption that I'm riding a high horse throwing a temper tantrum is typical for you.

Enjoy your moment, Skippy.
If it walks like a duck....

Gotta love curmudgeon s in the morning. Interesting comment when you say "typical"

Have a great day, hope it gets better and you find a chance to smile today my friend.

Oh come ON Ax, I agreed with your initial interpretation, like I said I was just as disgusted, but now that we see the league has apologized and it wasn't even illegal we and everyone who was outraged were just wrong. The kid made a good play that never should have been flagged. If it fired up the Eagles so what? If the refs handled it correctly they would have flagged Philly and tossed Philly players who reacted wrongly to a legal play and that bump would have been a hit to them. They have to give up the ball instead of scoring there and it would have made a significant difference in the scoring differential and momentum. It's OK to admit we're wrong without getting bent about it.

If it walks like a duck....

Gotta love curmudgeon s in the morning. Interesting comment when you say "typical"

Have a great day, hope it gets better and you find a chance to smile today my friend.
Let's stop playing games here, please. I'm pretty sure you don't like me. It's a carry over from that other forum.
That's fine. I know I don't like you. Rules say I have to leave it at that. So please, put me on ignore, or whatever you want to do to stop interacting with me.

That would definitely make me smile. ;)

Oh come ON Ax, I agreed with your initial interpretation, like I said I was just as disgusted, but now that we see the league has apologized and it wasn't even illegal we and everyone who was outraged were just wrong. The kid made a good play that never should have been flagged. If it fired up the Eagles so what? If the refs handled it correctly they would have flagged Philly and tossed Philly players who reacted wrongly to a legal play and that bump would have been a hit to them. They have to give up the ball instead of scoring there and it would have made a significant difference in the scoring differential and momentum. It's OK to admit we're wrong without getting bent about it.
Like you, I was going on what has been the case for a while. I know damn well over the last few seasons the issue has been raised a time or two. I also don't doubt that if it happens to Brady, or Manning, we might get yet another interpretation. Or, a re-write of the rule. Before this indecent, I'd bet most officiating crews in the league would have called it the same way. The league office does a poor job at time concerning it's own rules. That why coaches send film and complaints to them all the time. Their rulings are often inconsistent.

Nothing wrong with being wrong. I just lack much respect for "I told you so" people. Most, though not all, don't deserve any. IMHO

Well, the league felt differently. Told everyone the hit was legal. There would be no fine.

These 'cheap shots' you mention happen on about 40% of all plays. It's every player's responsibility to have their head on a swivel and anticipate getting blocked. Especially qbs who throw interceptions. There was nothing 'cheap' about that legal hit.
You're right, they did claim it as "legal". They also left open the interpretation of it being a cheap shot, which it was, IMO. And they did call it a blind side hit.

Again, let's see what happens next time. Who it's against. Who gets hit. Who gets hurt.

I know in the good ole days, turnovers meant, seek out and kill the QB. They just reopened the season. Just aim for the ribs.

People need to lighten up in here real fast.... you know who you are

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.