• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Skins Quotes 9/19: Jay Gruden

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
September 19, 2014
Redskins Park

Head Coach Jay Gruden

On wide receiver DeSean Jackson:
"He did good today. We'll see though. He was very limited, as you well know as you see out there, but I think it was a step in the positive direction. [We will] get another look at him tomorrow with the trainers and then we'll gauge him on Sunday morning and see where he's at. I think he's taking steps in a positive direction."

On if Jackson is questionable against Philadelphia:
"Yeah, he's questionable."

On players ruled out for Sunday:
"Robert [Griffin III]. Doubtful would be Kedric Golston. Questionable would be DeSean [Jackson], Kai Forbath, Kory Lichtensteiger. Rest of them are probable."

On tight end Jordan Reed:
"Jordan Reed is out… I was hoping for a miracle. Jordan Reed is out. Akeem Jordan is out, Tracy Porter is out."

On tight end Niles Paul:
"I think he's one of those guys that came in as a third tight end and Logan [Paulsen] was getting a lot of the reps and obviously Jordan Reed was getting a ton of reps and he was a guy that had to fight for whatever reps he got and took advantage of them. It started in the weight room, him getting stronger, and then when the reps came his way, he started to make some plays and then all of the sudden his confidence started to grow and he is where he is right now. He's done a great job both in the passing game and the running game. He's a guy that’s future is continuing to look brighter and brighter every day. If he continues at this pace of getting better, great things are on the horizon for him."

On kicker Kai Forbath and if punter Tress Way could handle kickoffs Sunday:
"Yes. That could be the case again this week, see how Kai's doing, but he kicked today and felt pretty good. So, cross our fingers, we think he'll be OK, but we have insurance somewhere around. We'll be OK. We'll have a kicker for sure."

I believe Niles Paul and Andre Roberts are now our two best passing options.

Cousins had a ton of reps with those two in the offseason, and likely has a better rapport with them than the others.

You know, I just hope Cousins has a good game. When he knows in advance he's the starter, he hasn't been spectacular.

Oh, and then there's Polumbus.

The Eagles are starting a third string RT. Yet it's not the end of the world for them.

They wish they had Polumbus.

Exactly. Two or three years of people screaming how bad our O-line is. Tell that nonsense to Jacksonville fans. Or Philly fans. Or Chicago fans. Or Seattle fans. It's insane.

News flash: Our pass-blocking has never been bad in comparison to the rest of the league.

wanna bet?

Bet what? That they aren't starting a third string RT?

They'd kill for Polumbus this weekend. But they won't whine about it. We've got that covered for them.

solid analysis there!

and you nailed it....philly fans never whine! well known fact.

You know, I just hope Cousins has a good game. When he knows in advance he's the starter, he hasn't been spectacular.

Except against the Browns at Cleveland in 2012 who were just coming off a 3-game winning streak and had their defense playing lights out and, of yeah, it was a game with the playoffs on the line at the time, right? :p

Really, that statement holds true if you're just talking about the last three games of 2013, but I think it's pretty fair to say that ANYONE who knew in advance that they were the starter at any point last season wasn't "spectacular", lol.

Exactly. Two or three years of people screaming how bad our O-line is. Tell that nonsense to Jacksonville fans. Or Philly fans. Or Chicago fans. Or Seattle fans. It's insane.

News flash: Our pass-blocking has never been bad in comparison to the rest of the league.

:deadhorse:

and you nailed it....philly fans never whine! well known fact.

No, but they throw batteries at opposing players. They toss snowballs at rival fans. They toss snowballs at opposing benches. They boo Santa Claus. They destroy tailgates of rival fans. If given the chance, they would toss their mothers from the Ben Franklin Bridge and their fathers from the Walt Whitman Bridge. But whine? Nah.

The Eagles are starting a third string RT. Yet it's not the end of the world for them.

They wish they had Polumbus.

Ham samitch, and a Coke, and they can have him.

All he had to do was take care of his own business...and, he didn't.

Had he won 2 of those 3 games or had great numbers and lost all three, he'd probably be starting on another team this year.

In the NFL, it ain't about potential...it's about production.
Hard to soar like an eagle when your playing with turkey's.

Ever heard of "beating in your time"?

If you don't think that most of the team had planned their fishing trips or their golf vacations with three games to go, you are extremely naive.

I swear, two games into a young season and some fans are perched like vultures,waiting for the team to die already so they can pick over a fresh corpse.

Can't you wait till week 12,13?

No, but they throw batteries at opposing players. They toss snowballs at rival fans. They toss snowballs at opposing benches. They boo Santa Claus. They destroy tailgates of rival fans. If given the chance, they would toss their mothers from the Ben Franklin Bridge and their fathers from the Walt Whitman Bridge. But whine? Nah.
don't forget about putting Chief Zee in a cast.

Don't forget, they will likely boo DeSean on his return there

Personally I'd prefer that we beat the Eagles with DeSean Jackson watching from the sideline then let him play the last 13 games. It would suck if he goes in for 3-4 plays then gets injured worse.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.