• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Game Preview: Redskins at Eagles

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
For everything you ever wanted to know about Sunday's key road clash against the Philadelphia Eagles, click HERE.

Philly poses a serious threat to any playoff hopes. But one thing positive is I think Gruden's offense and Cousins are a good fit and Gruden will feel comfortable with what he can do and what he can call for Cousins. Cousins will play within himself, and Gruden will make the calls within himself, nothing fancy or cute. We control the clock and we have a chance. If Philly jumps out in front, I don't think we will play catchup with any success. Morris has to continue to be featured, to make Cousins effective passing. my .02.

Once again, teams play will be crucial as this should be a close, close game, and we can't afford any mistakes there. None.

Nick Foles career stats vs the Redskins: 70/120 58% 1 TD 3 Int 72 Rating 1win 2 losses

I'm not all that impressed.

I think everyone is forgetting how badly philthy has been beaten early in games. That will make the difference imho

This game is a litmus test for our whole season. If the team that showed up last week shows up this week then I am optimistic, week 1 though not so much. We have a tendency to crap the bed when we play Philly of late so I'm waiting to see how the Redskins perform against what I consider to be our first real competition top to bottom. They give Philly a real run for their money or actually win and then there's reason for optimism for the whole season. If the same issues like line play and secondary breakdowns continue we're in for another long season.

This game is a litmus test for our whole season. If the team that showed up last week shows up this week then I am optimistic, week 1 though not so much. We have a tendency to crap the bed when we play Philly of late so I'm waiting to see how the Redskins perform against what I consider to be our first real competition top to bottom. They give Philly a real run for their money or actually win and then there's reason for optimism for the whole season. If the same issues like line play and secondary breakdowns continue we're in for another long season.

I agree this could be a litmus test. In the Jaguars game, we kept up the pressure the whole game and dominated when we should have. We hadn't done that in a long time. I want to see us keep the consistency we started in that game and eliminate bonehead plays. If we can do that, win or lose, my confidence will continue to grow that this team is headed in the right direction.

I think we should only call plays that work.

Good one Ax. Works for me. He he. We don't get that luxury on the other side of the ball however. When Philly runs that up tempo game, we need a plan that works. I don't know what is going on in Haz's head, but if it were me, whenever they line up without huddle, and I see the QB under center, I bring the house. When QB is in shotgun open backfield, also bring a linebacker or two. When we see QB in shotgun with a RB back there, we still bring a linebacker. In other words, we fight fire with fire. We don't need substitutions to know beforehand how we should be playing the no huddle hurry up Defense. By causing/forceing the QB to make quick throws, we can put a spy on Sproals and prevent him from running free for easy receptions. Once we make a few sacks, that up tempo will fade away. We need a very agressive defense, while knowing what we are to do beforehand, when up tempo comes our way.

Well, whatever we do, offense, defense, or special teams, we must out physical them. We need to knock the snot out of every Eagle we hit.

Over, and over, and over again. We need to tackle with bad intentions. Not cheap shots. But hard, physical, attitude adjusting, teeth jarring hitting.

Of course, if we would just call plays that work, that would be enough. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.