• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

P90X

Cool - I totally get that Sisyphus...I have the same feeling regarding cycling. I mostly ride with my brother Jim, but once a month or so, we'll do an organized ride or race, and it's always got the same vibe of 'community' as you are referencing. Not being a very social person to begin with, it's a good way for me to at least stay connected with the human race.

Anyway ... my late breakfast is digested by now ... there's a sweaty seventy minute run with my name on it.

Bump ... Day 31 of my 90 program of running every day. 188 miles logged. Once I hit 90 days (my way of a little base building), I'll introduce some intervals, more hills, tempo runs, etc.

I am on day 4 of the program, and I am extremely impressed. The diet is an extreme change for me, but I feel better already.

con_133.jpg

Whew.
Started my 2nd go-round of P90X. Took about a month off. I actually feel just about like I'm starting over, although not getting brutally sore this go-round like I did the first time, and I'm a lot trimmer. I lost a good 20 lbs the first time, and have kept most of that off despite the break. I will say though that the plyometrics routine kicked my *** tonight. In fact, my heartrate was so fast that I cut out the last 20 minutes or so. Hopefully, in a week or so, I'll start to feel comfortable as I did the first time around.

'Military obesity' should be an oxymoron. If you're a US servicemember, and you're overweight/fat/out of shape - that's just pathetic and disgusting.

I have no doubt P90X could assist such 'servicemen' and 'servicewomen' - but that doesn't alter the fact that if you don't have the discipline to stay in shape WHILE YOU'RE IN THE ****ING US MILITARY you have no business being in the US military.

We have these kinds of folks in the Marine Corps too. We call them 'Boot Camp washouts' or 'Administrative Discharges'.

Sorry. On some things, I have no mercy. Still - I love me some Tony :)

You should have a daily routine that meets your goals and standards. My needs are far different than most people and any of us could make such a claim. The doctors have devised a program that is strictly monitored at the local gym that I use.

Today, it was five hours of working out (Saturdays are like that - other days it is anywhere from two to four hours). In addition to the weights, it was 4.5 miles on the treadmill (three different times - all walking at 2.2 mph), 21 miles on the bike (three different times - low resistance), and 200 sit-ups (four different sets of 50 each).

My running streak is on its 58th day. Another 6.5miles this morning in the heat and humidity.

Day 3 of P90X

My wife and I purchased the P90X and both started it this week, I'm doing it in the mornings and she's doing it in the evenings. It's easier for me to do since I work from home as a IT Contractor.

I agree with what most people are saying about it, we've adjusted our diet to be better but not exactly as they have it in the book. My wife doesn't like fish so we're working around that with some more salads and chicken recipes that we found from the SouthBeach diet.

The first day was a killer, I bought a pull-up bar from SportAuthority and went to town. I didn't think that I was going to make it to the 2nd day after the Ab Ripper X....then the Plyometrics, what else can be said but OMG !! I at least tried to do all of the exercises so that I can do more next week and my heart rate was in the 150's the entire time. Arms and Shoulders today wasn't too bad, I actually enjoyed it and got through more of the Ab Ripper this time.

I'm starting at 230 and hope to be back down to about 200, I'm 6'5" so I don't want to be just a stick but at least look healthy. I'll update back as I work my way through this and wish others the best of luck with their journeys.....Alan.

let me guess, denverbronco -- you're wearing a tim tebow t-shirt for inspiration? :D

Hey...gotta give the kid props, he's popular and hasn't done a damn thing yet.

day 4.....

I thought Yoga was supposed to be easy?? or should I say easier.....90 minutes later I'm sweating like crazy and saying how the hell am I ever going to do some of these poses?

Not giving up....not sure what tomorrow holds but I'm looking forward to it.

Alan.

wow...almost through two full weeks. I haven't really noticed a lot of difference but I can tell that my shorts are looser and I feel like I have more energy. I am definitely sleeping really well....lol :zzz:

I have noticed that the routines are a "little" easier....I still can't get through all of the Ab-Ripper X moves, but I'm closer than day one.

One more week of this phase and then they change things up, I like the Kenpo X which I'll be doing again tomorrow.

I'm waiting until I get through at least 3 full weeks before I weigh myself again, I'm hoping for 3-4 pounds which will make me happy.

Until next time......Alan.

Kenpo is my favorite - love that thing. You can work out quite a bit of hostility there :) Keep it up DB :cheers:

Boone,

this interesting part of Kenpo X is that I actually took 4 years of Kenpo Karate when I was in High School. I was a Blue Belt when I stopped, it wasn't as easy at the Tae Kwon Do I took a few years ago. The TKD was geared towards having people progress about every 2-3 months...Kenpo was 6-9 months for each belt at a minimum before you could test, and the testing wasn't a given. I had to test twice for the Blue Belt, but never failed a test in TKD.

I loved taking Kenpo, the classes were all 90 minutes with the first 45 minutes all being a workout. I remember doing several hundred situps in every class and eventually getting to the point where we had 45 lb weights on our chests to make the situps even harder...talk about a 6 pack. I was looking for a Kenpo studio here in Denver when my son was interested in martial arts, but they wouldn't teach it to anyone under the age of 18 as it was too violent. Every technique you learn involves trying to break an arm/leg or incapacitate your opponent.

The TKD studio I found here was decent, but definitely not as extreme as Kenpo. The instructor used to tell me that I had to really pull back when I was sparring as I could really hurt someone if I wasn't careful (isn't that the point??).

Alan

5 weeks down...

Just finished my 5th week, I've lost 11 pounds so far and 2 inches off of my waist. I'm really starting to see a difference in how I look and feel. Only 8 more weeks to finish this first round.

I've been pushing myself as much as I can this last week and lost 2.5 pounds just this week. I just find that I'm hungry all the time....lol. My wife and I have really changed our diet and are being a lot more careful about what we do eat. We found a farmer's market on Sat. mornings really close to us. The fresh fruit and veggies are awsome, we haven't gone overboard we still eat somethings that might not be the best but we limit it to one day a week.

I'll post another update in a few weeks.....Go Tebow !!! (that's for Bemish).

OK, so the wife is making noises about this thing.

On ebay, I see bids for the whole program for 70-100 bucks, but I also see them being offered for $50.

Anyone know if they're knocks offs? I'm assuming so............

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.