• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

P90X

Holy Mother of God. Started Power90 tonight, and I don't think I will be able to move tomorrow. I am ashamed. I measured myself and am shocked and dismayed. You guys on here have inspired me to try to fix myself. I am excited to keep working, once I can feel my legs again anyway...

I am excited to keep working, once I can feel my legs again anyway...

Just push through the soreness. In a couple of weeks, working out will be more of a habit instead of a chore. As they say, just keep pushing play.

Go for it brother - I've taken a little break the past 4-5 days, more out of real life necessity than planning to, but will get back on the horse in the next day or so. It works, and if you commit to it, you're going to be bowled over by the results.

OK, three days now. I really only did the first lesson in its entirety tonight. Couldn't get through it all the other two days. Amazingly enough though, I am already seeing changes. Not so much in weight loss or anything, but I have a lot more energy and feel better about myself.

Also, doing this has forced me to cut out some of the crap I ate for lunches, since I don't want to counteract the hard work I am putting in in the evenings.

Haven't felt like quitting yet, on the contrary, I am really liking this so far, even though it forces me to admit how out of shape I am.

All right, at the risk of boring you... :)

It's now been a week, and I feel great. I had to take Thursday off b/c I was out late with work, and felt noticeably different on Friday. I am now alternating between the two DVDs with no problem.

Energy level way up, and I have lost 7 lbs.

Not bad for the first week.

Is there a P30X for those of us with less time? (Not a flippant question.) Google didn't return anything meaningful. I'd love to get in better shape--there's just no way in hell that I have 90 mins extra in the day to work out.

That is where I am Pravda. With two kids under 4 in the house, there just isn't 90 extra minutes in my day. Which kinda sucks when you really think about it. :(

That is where I am Pravda. With two kids under 4 in the house, there just isn't 90 extra minutes in my day. Which kinda sucks when you really think about it. :(
Right--and the thing is, when you have kids, you want to make sure that you're packed with energy to keep up with them. I have one and I sometimes feel like I have a hard time keeping up with him. I can't imagine 4! If there were such a thing a P30X, I'd definitely be interested--an intense, working-dad with small kids kind-of-thing!

Bob, I think we've found a new market! :)

There is something call Power 90 or something on the beachbody website. But to be honest with you the cardio regiment of P90X is just as good and you can really do the first 20 mins of the workout.

The way its set up to go through the first set and more times than not, it has you doing the entire set again.

Is there a P30X for those of us with less time? (Not a flippant question.) Google didn't return anything meaningful. I'd love to get in better shape--there's just no way in hell that I have 90 mins extra in the day to work out.

All of the workouts are just under an hour, save one (the Yoga workout which is 90 minutes). That's still a significant commitment - but honestly, I'd have pissed that time away doing something a lot less productive previously. That's not to say you have 50-60 minutes to spend every day. All I know is I'm making it a priority and have been able to get through without missing many nights.

You guys are significantly younger than I am - as your kids get older, you'll find they don't require continuous attention, and they won't want it either :)

In my last week - just finished Core Synergistics which like Plyo makes me want to curse. I'm going to start over and go hard core for round 2 - see just how lean and mean I can get :)

I'm there too. Up at 0330 and off to work. Get home around 6pm and have the choice to go run for a half an hour or eat so I can get some chow before 7pm.

It takes all I can muster not to eat. By the time I see the kids for a bit, it's off the bed before 9pm so I can get my 6.5 hours

Basically, half an hour is about all I have during the week

I just finished phase 3 of P90x, plus a rest week. I wish I would have eaten better, because I do not look that much better, but I can lift and pull-up more. For example, I started out at three pull-ups (I think, to lazy to check) this phase and now I can do 13. Big difference, but I ate bad on the weekends, so my muscle is still covered by layers of fat.

Anyways, I have started Insanity, and all I can say is P90x a'int crap!!! I just did day four of Insanity and it is a killer. Really nothing but cardio. I want to lose the fat I have left, so this should help, plus I am making it a goal to eat properly. After this, I think I could do Plyo on P90x twice with no problem :)

I did not think it would be this hard right after P90x, I thought I was in shape, but not in shape enough I guess.

One thing I do like about Insanity so far is during the first phase the workouts are only 40 minutes long. I think they jump to 50 in the second, and I am dreading that.

I went through P90X once, and as soon as my back (which I tweaked) heals up, will be doing it again. After that, I may give insanity a try....sounds challenging :)

20 lbs down on Power 90! I will take it. If I had eaten better at the start, I would probably be down more. Pretty good progress as far as I am concerned.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Yeah, Insanity is very challenging. After working out it looks like I have taken a shower in my clothes. Yesterday, my wife was laughing because I had a puddle of sweat on the floor, like a little Lake Omniscient.

Yeah, definitely eat better Goaldeje. Nothing worse than doing all of this work and not 'seeing' the improvement. 20lbs sounds pretty good.

Well - round two of P90X has begun for me. I did the full 90 days and was extremely impressed with where it took me, fitness-wise. Probably the best I've felt physically in 20 years or so, although some of that may be a result of a fairly steady diet of long bike rides as well. During round 1, I did not do the pull-up routines, instead substituting 'pull downs' on a bowflex machine which still gave me a great workout. I am trying to take it up a notch this go-round and work my way up to doing the pullups exactly as the routine calls for. We'll see how that goes :) I am not suffering during week 1 the way I did during round 1. I distinctly remember having trouble walking and raising my arms during the first several weeks the first go-round. I feel good so far. I will confess that I had to take some long breaks last night doing plyometrics last night, not because of soreness or fatigue, but because I had to in order to get my heartrate down to a manageable rate. That workout is a bitch!

I must admit I prefer to get outside versus indoor workouts. And I've never lifted much.

But even with a plan of which days to run I have realized that unless I commit to running daily, postponements happen and I often only get out a few times per week.

So I'm rebooting the running ... I've run every day for the last nine days averaging 6+ miles. My own 90 day program of this should put me ready to sharpen the speed and enjoy some Fall 5ks.

I went out yesterday at 2:45pm and rode about 35 miles alone. It was probably around 90 degrees, with very high humidity. Tough ride. I had to stick my head in a restroom sink midway through. Back to P90X today. I'm not a big 'indoor exercise' guy either Sisyphus, but I will say the workout you get with P90X got me in better shape than any amount of running/cycling alone has for me...and it's kind of a fun program.

I hear you ... but I'm actually not that motivated about 'getting in shape' for its own sake. After team sports in my 20s and 30s, and before running, I use to play tennis competitively. Sure I want to be healthy and avoid the risk of injury that comes with age, but the attraction of running is that there gets to be some kind of event or competition, some community - having a beer outside with a few hundred of your newest and sweatiest friends, earned after a 5k is fun ... for me. :)

In support of my hobby jogging I do basic body-weight exercises and use some free weights. And I also do some plyo, drills, and stretching of course too. But mainly I enjoy getting out on the trail on my schedule, charging the hills sometimes, zooming down the inclines ... looking at the trees, the wildlife, and the athletic women in their short shorts. :cool4:

Edited to add: I'm fortunate that we live close to a trail. If I was jogging on the streets or with traffic I think I'd view it differently.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.