• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Discussing the potential future benching og RG3

Who's questioning keeping Flacco? Football people?

Man just got a $120 million extension and is wearing a ring.

Who's questioning keeping Flacco? Football people?

Man just got a $120 million extension and is wearing a ring.

Oh Om, you know it's the parallel world in Baltimore as we have here questioning RG3.

Living in the Baltimore area, there were rumblings from fans and radio personalities at the beginning of the season questioning how long the Ravens continue to go with Flacco if he has another season like last year.

Neo's remarks suggest Flacco has developed consistency. I am telling you as someone who lives and works in the Baltimore market, I know he hasn't, fans know he hasn't and the pundits know he hasn't. You want "football" people to say it...ok. I guess you can demand that. But it's nothing more than what we do here every day.

I can say exactly the same thing about Griffin and that was my point. Consistency. Flacco is just NOW, after 5 years as a starter, looking consistently like an NFL QB.

After just one week of football in 2014, can you really say that's enough to gauge and call him "just now looking consistent" ?

Last edited:
After just one week of football in 2014, can you really say that's enough to gauge and call him "just now" looking consistent ?

The Ravens played their 2nd game last night.

He didn't look so hot the first week though so i don't understand what he's doing consistently.

I thought this was a fair evaluation of where Griffin is after week one. http://sports.yahoo.com/video/qb-no...0900088.html?soc_src=mediacontentsharebuttons

I wasn't even going to respond to this, or make a new thread about it. I have no interest in pissing people off.

I will just say that there's a former NFL scout who showed similar footage, with wide receivers open all over the field. And deep. Multiple plays.

I don't think it's much of a stretch for people to believe that Desean Jackson was likely open a few times. Same with Garçon. Likewise with Roberts.

But there's nothing to be gained by finger pointing. Our QB is learning, and he needs a little time. He deserves that imho.

So - at the point at which Griffin has access to live footage from the overhead camera - I'll be willing to jump all over his ass for missing 'open receivers'. But hey, I know that's a a minor detail.

His view probably frequently looks more like this :)

460x.jpg

So - at the point at which Griffin has access to live footage from the overhead camera - I'll be willing to jump all over his ass for missing 'open receivers'. But hey, I know that's a a minor detail.

His view probably frequently looks more like this :)

460x.jpg

Kind of funny for a lot of 'analysts' to look at the game 5 days later with multiple camera angles and still shots and try to judge a players 'vision.'

I don't want to nit pick Robert but I just measure his W-L record. If we are losing, its likely because he is having an off day, just the same as if we are winning, its probably because of RGIII. I believe that if we go 0-5, then Gruden will look for a spark. And 0-5 is totally doable, since game 5 is an L from Seattle and we already lost the first one. So losing 3 in a row is not out of the question.

Robert has got to get his feet unstuck from the mud and move with the ball, see the field and make good sound decisions. At this point, he is a long way from that level imho. A good ground game will cure all those evils, and keep RGIII under center.

That's exactly how I feel Boone. It's not just one thing.

Our fans are pissed and impatient. I'm one of them.

But we'll get there. I know we will. Our roster is greatly improved versus last season. A lot of the drama is gone.

Take a deep breath everyone. Watch this team build.

Give Robert a ****ing NFL offensive line, and if he fails, then fine, we'll go to the next guy.

But, as long as he has Chester and the Matador (Polumbus) as starters, he's got to be given a pass.

I believe I could pass block better than Polumbus. And, I'm old, tired and weary.

Just to play devil's advocate tr1, we don't have the worst pass blocking in the league. Not even close.

I'm on board with RG3. But if Peyton Manning were behind that line, he would have thrown for 350 or 400 yards, and 3 TDs.

It's a combination of things. The line, the QB, the coaching, etc.

Well, you and I have a difference of opinion. If Peyton were behind that line, his career would be over due to injury.

Come on, that's absurd.

I'm assuming that you already know that Manning gets rid of the ball in like 1.33 seconds. I could block for him, and look pretty good. He'll make any O-line look pretty good.

Seattle gave up more sacks than us last year, and they won the SB.

Philly gave up more sacks than us, and they won the division.

Just as it's not fair to point the finger solely at RG3, it's just as absurd to point the finger solely at the O-line.

Sooooo, for the most part,we all get pissed at the media for manufacturing stories and ( for the most part ) drama, by stretching things,minor things, beyond the absurd.

It's now Week 2 of the 2014 season and here we are talking about what it would take to bench our starting Qb.

Aren't we doing the same thing we get pissed at the media about?

Holy Mackrel.....

The sack stats you use are dubious. We were usually way behind last year, and defenses were playing soft.

It's interesting you look at it that way. For me, it's the complete opposite. When we were down, defense's knew we were going to pass and could just pin their ears back. That's tough on the Oline. When the guy in front of you is 100% sure your QB is dropping back to pass, it's not easy.

That being said, I do think our Oline might be the worst "anchoring" line in the league. I think they're actually pretty good at everything else (run blocking, handling their assignments, getting their hands on their guy, etc...), but they just can't "anchor". They get pushed back way too easily. It's like the only scheming D Coordinators do against us with their D line is to tell them to bull rush, especially the right side with Chester and Polombus.

Robert needs to use Trent/Lauvao/Lichtensteiger more and find the spot behind them where he can step up. It is there, tr1, at lot more than you think. Great QBs know where they're likely to find an area within the pocket to step up to and get there consistently. Robert is still having issues with that. He's bailing, often times way too quickly, and when he does bail he pretty much always runs full speed to his right almost uncontrollably. He's got to figure out how to control his speed when he does bail, because he's going too fast even when there's no one around him. It's why all of his passes when he's outside of the pocket go too far to the sideline. His momentum alone forces the ball that way.

Don't know why I am bothering to respond to such a stupid post. The nuances in the "hypothetical" post indicate someone who is not shooting straight. You really want Cousins to start. be honest wtih us and yourself.

RG3 is not playing like he did in college or his first year with the Redskins. Not sure what the problem is, but it is a reality. However, he has become the "scapegoat" for everything that is wrong with the Redskins. The NFL sanctions on both the Redskins and the Cowboys have done more harm to both organizations than many give it credit. To me that is also why the Commissioner should be fired.

I don't really get the value in throwing 'hypotheticals' at the wall. But let's keep it civil please.

I don't really get the value in throwing 'hypotheticals' at the wall. But let's keep it civil please.

Actually, you may be surprised how often this type of "hypothetical situation" thread appears in fan forums. I run across them all the time doing Redskins Recon. I guess it might be a way for fans to deal with unresolved fears and hopes by exposing them to a public discussion. I don't find them personally appealing but that's just me.

Just to play devil's advocate tr1, we don't have the worst pass blocking in the league. Not even close.

Philly gave up more sacks than us, and they won the division.

Just as it's not fair to point the finger solely at RG3, it's just as absurd to point the finger solely at the O-line.

We DO have the worst pass blocking in the league, and it's not even close.

Sacks don't tell the whole story. That is one stat, that by itself, only reflects a small fraction of the Line's performance. How does Philly look on the plays they don't have a sack, compared to ours ?
Why don't you look at other indicators that reflect excessive pressure : like hurries, hits on the QB, forced to throw away, forced to scramble and run, forced to throw to into tight coverage due to pressure, forced to change your whole game-plan to include dinks and dunks because your QB has no time to throw the ball, etc etc.

So, how about a stat that shows the average amount of seconds before his pocket completely collapses and he has 3 defenders in his face, and 3 of his lineman blown backwards, falling onto his ankles.
That would be the most important stat, and I'm estimating it would average about half of a second, on every play, thus far this year, and by far the worst in the league. The "hang time" of our O-line is almost zero. They can't hang hardly, at all
The line is pushed back so repeatedly and dominantly, that RG3 actually has to worry about getting sacked by his own offensive linemen teammates getting thrust backwards on top of him. Watching a pass play on the Redskins and RG3 is like watching a swarm of ants enveloping their prey.

We have significant major breakdowns on the O-line, on virtually every single play, whether or not there's a sack.
Just because the opposing defense did not register a sack on the play, does not mean the offensive line was successful.
Their job isn't just to avoid a sack, but to provide a reasonable pocket, and most importantly a reasonable amount of time, before the pressure hits him. Both of those areas indicate huge suckage.

Last edited:
Fear, nothing could be further from the truth. I say this in a very nice and friendly manner. But your claims can only mean one of two things:

1. You watch every Redskins game, but you don't watch games of many other teams, or

2. You don't know what you're looking at. I'm going to guess it's number 1.

Although as fans, none of us know exactly what we're looking at. We see a sack, and immediately our reaction is "the O-line sucks."

Did any of us watch all 16 regular season games of Kansas City last year?

Did we watch all 16 games of the other teams, and then make an educated comparison to see where we really stack up?

I've already gone through all of the stats, including hurried passes. And you'd be shocked to learn that we are average, to greatly above average in most categories.

As one point of reference, here is the PFF ranking for every O-line in the league for 2013, broken down into pass-blocking, run-blocking, penalties.....a lot of different factors.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/01/13/2013-offensive-line-rankings/4/

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.