• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Discussing the potential future benching og RG3

I could envision that scenario.
BTW, I just edited my previous post. to include Cousins.
What do you think of him ? Someone who, also is nowhere near his "talent cap" quite yet, or someone who is a career back-up now, like many say ?

I believe Cousins is a tough one. He could be another Alex Smith, but he could also be another Rex Grossman with those picks.

He kind of reminds me of a younger Todd Collins.

Brady over Bledsoe, in NE......
Rivers over Brees, in SD....
Romo over Bledsoe in Dallas....
Hoyer over Manziel in Cleveland...
Frerrotte over Shuler in Washington !

Those didn't work out so bad, and that's just a couple off the top of my head, so I'm sure there's more.

What I'm taking from this is that we need to bring Bledsoe in for a look. And THEN sit Griffin.

The fundamental problem I see is clear, and boils down to this :
People want to see RG3 as a developing and progressing QB, with unlimited potential
But they refuse to afford McCoy that same freedom, and right, and potential.
You cannot talk about 2 QB's who have been in the league about the same amount of time, and insist that one has hit his "talent cap" and will never, ever get better - while the other QB is "bound to get much better".
And what adds to the irony, is that if either of them seems to be progressing in his "talent cap", the facts and evidence show that it's McCoy, and not Griffin.
Not only that, but you could make the same case for Cousins vs Griffin.
Cousins has had less time to develop, than any of the 3, yet people are already giving him the "career back-up" stamp, just like McCoy.
Yet, Cousins' apparent flaws, seem to be much more manageable and correctable than RG3's numerous and fundamental flaws.

not quite. there are some knowns. we know, for example, that McCoy does not have the arm strength for a downfield passing game. we know he has never had a winning season in the NFL. we know he makes mistakes in big situations - see the p[ick in the Dallass game. we know the HC called a very conservative game in Dallass.

bet: if I'm a DC....I throw everyone at the line and stop the run game. Colt McCoy is not going to beat a decent defense with his arm.

That's the same thing they did against Cousins ... take away the run and short quick passes, and make him beat you downfield. It's been so long since we had a legitimate downfield passing attack in this town I think we've forgotten what one looks like wearing our colors.

It's pretty clear that I will garner little or no support, campaigning for McCoy or Cousins.
So here goes.....
TJ Yates for QB !!!

I'm not really all that excited about McCoy either and would prefer if they get Cousins more time next year because those INT's should be much more easily fixable than all RG3 has going on but if McCoy is like any QB from the past who turned it around its Rich Gannon and who was the coach that got him to 4 Pro Bowls and League MVP?

I'm not really all that excited about McCoy either and would prefer if they get Cousins more time next year because those INT's should be much more easily fixable than all RG3 has going on but if McCoy is like any QB from the past who turned it around its Rich Gannon and who was the coach that got him to 4 Pro Bowls and League MVP?

Are you suggesting we fire Jay, and hire his brother ?

It's amazing.
When I started this thread a year ago, the idea was considered lunacy.
Now it's reality.
Just goes to show, that many people that appear "crazy", actually have a brilliant side to them.....
Have you ever seen the movie "A Beautiful Mind" ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.