• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Snyder: Redskins have ‘started the process’ of planning a new stadium

He should sell the naming rights for a buck to a tribe that supports the team name and will name it Redskins Stadium in honor of their heritage. :)

Shit just got real.

statement.jpg

@Rich_TandlerCSN
Jack Kent Cook announced his intention to build a new #Redskins stadium in 1988. It opened in 1997. It’s a long process. #dontholdyourbreath

I've got time.

(I think.)

:)

It is exciting. For me the problem would be the potential PSL's and much higher ticket prices. I've been watching other teams and their new stadiums. There hasn't been much consideration for long time season ticket holders.

:)

It is exciting. For me the problem would be the potential PSL's and much higher ticket prices. I've been watching other teams and their new stadiums. There hasn't been much consideration for long time season ticket holders.

I totally understand. That has to be a very significant possibility/consideration/fear for you STH's. I remember the stories of long time Cowboy STH's basically having to take out mortgages to keep their premium seat locations or get moved to the upper corners.

Being geographically challenged, I no longer have that skin in the game. Thankfully.

I have a friend who works for the electrical union in DC. He worked at FedEx this past off-season and claims to be in the know. Well, he says it's a done deal to move back to DC. I don't buy it after the way the leadership in DC has clamored for a name change.

Anyway, just my 2 cents.

That hardly sounds like someone who would be 'in the know'...

That reads like it is nothing more than Vinny speculating.

It doesn't sound like Cerrato speculating, it IS Cerrato speculating. His speculation, honestly, is no better than anyone else's. If Snyder caves on the name change, and especially if he does it for personal gain - he'll be reviled and hated. The fans would turn on him like nothing you've ever seen. I think Snyder is determined not to change the name, come hell or high water, at all costs. I think people underestimate the stubborn bulldog of a man he is. And for once, it might be a good thing for actual fans.

If The Danny wants a new building in the district he will leverage Virginia (and maybe Maryland) to get the D.C. Council to come off any name change pressure.

Money talks, politicians change.

Yes, build a stadium that rocks and rolls like RFK did!!!! I don't know about yall but that would be awesome!

Be careful what you wish for. As mentioned above, new stadium means PSLs, the biggest rip off in sports. I was hoping that by the time the Redskins were ready to move to a new Stadium, PSLs would be a thing of the past. We are not there yet. If you have plenty of money, good for you.

Do we know for a fact that would be the case? I'm not particularly knowledgeable, but it seems like that might just be an assumption?

That hardly sounds like someone who would be 'in the know'...

Contracts/permits...whatever you want to call them Boone, he says there are already contracts in place with the Union inside the DC limits.

I don't buy it for a second. I don't think Snyder has any interest in dealing with the buffoons in DC. Northern Virginia will be the new home - I guarantee it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.