• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

2014 Cuts, Releases, and FA Signings

FB Stephen Campbell has been cut.

LB Adrian Robinson has been cut.

Here's the complete list of cuts: FB Campbell, WR Hoffman, LB Kimbrough, WR Lawrence, S Madison, DE McDonough, LB Robinson, DE Towns.

--Mike Jones

I just posted the official list of cuts announced BY the Redskins.

They are probably done for the day. Seven more to go before the Tuesday deadline.

I thought it was just 4 more to go with the guys going to IR and Jackson?

I've heard multiple sources say that the Rams have most likely decided to stick with Shaun Hill as their starter, and any trade will be for a backup.
That would rule out Cousins.
The only names I've heard mentioned in trade rumors are Sanchez and Ponder.

Well, keep in mind - if you bring in a vet with no experience in your offense, THAT is writing off the season as likely as not bringing in new QB. If you have any confidence whatsoever in your backup, elevating him is the only choice that makes sense. It's really not Madden (that's not directed at you Fear, just at fans in general, who think it's a plug and play league).

It takes time to learn an offense, get used to new receivers, etc. But also, even if the Rams wanted to trade for someone like Cousins to be the starter, they wouldn't come right out and say it. If they do, they are showing they are desperate and need a QB. That drives up the asking price for any team trying to trade a QB. If they say they only want a backup, then they can offer less since it's just for their backup.

To me, the Jackson cut is quite telling on the progress and confidence in Murphy by the staff.

I've heard multiple sources say that the Rams have most likely decided to stick with Shaun Hill as their starter, and any trade will be for a backup.
That would rule out Cousins.
The only names I've heard mentioned in trade rumors are Sanchez and Ponder.

Thats just Fisher not allowing the price to go up but I wonder how long it takes for KC to find Allen and beg him to let him go. I don't see why the Rams wouldn't give us our 2nd rounder back for him. Shaun Hill is as old as Rex Grossman with 1/4 the experience and it wasn't winning either. I think the Rams expect to start winning this year. If the team really is behind RG3 and there are no doubts I'd trade Cousins but I have a feeling they aren't so sure and maybe Cousins isn't valued as high as Mallett or Ponder or even Sanchez either. I have no idea but I'd be on the phone unless Cousins is expected to start eventually.

Rich Tandler ‏@Rich_TandlerCSN
Under the new rules, Gettis is eligible for the practice squad. Under the old setup he would have too many games on the 46 game day roster.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.