• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

2014 Cuts, Releases, and FA Signings

I don't think there is a 'deal'...I think the assessment was that his speed and some highlight reel plays in pre-season weren't enough strengths to overcome an overall inability to perform some key RB tasks on a team loaded with competing talent at that position. I think in the eyes of the coaching staff, he just got beat out and they didn't see enough potential there to commit a roster or PS spot. Many may not agree (I'm not even sure I agree) but I think that's the only obvious explanation.

At his point, every single FO in the league has multiple chances at him in the draft, and multiple chances to take advantage of our obvious error since we cut him.

No one's biting.

So it's gone from a "wtf is wrong with our FO" situation, to a "wtf is wrong with every single FO in the league" situation.

I'm going to take a wild guess that every single FO in the league isn't wrong.

Great point. We should probably compare our team to the SB champions. That will at least tell us where we need to be to actually have a chance at winning it all.

Seattle was sacked 44 times last season.

We were sacked 43 times.

Philly, our division winners? Sacked 46 times.

Man, our o-line sucks. No one can win giving up sacks like we do. It's clearly a huge problem.

Anyone who believes that our o-line is terrible in pass blocking either simply doesn't watch, or know enough about other teams in the league to compare. Almost every team gives up a lot of sacks. I don't hear Seattle fans or Philly fans constantly whining that their o-lines suck.

Seriously, it's time to let that absurd myth die.

Redskins also had more passing attempts than those two.
Redskins - 611
Philly - 508
Seattle - 420

So Redskin QBs had a lot more opportunities to be sacked than those two teams.

I keep coming back to the character issues. They must have seen something in his character that had them rather give Chris Thompson more time to develop.

El....this only leads to the next and obvious question: why the hell did they draft him at all then? there is no easy way out of this.....as Henry notes...this doesn't strike one as sharp thinking in practice.

Redskins also had more passing attempts than those two.
Redskins - 611
Philly - 508
Seattle - 420

So Redskin QBs had a lot more opportunities to be sacked than those two teams.

anyone who watched the Skins last season saw a QB running for his life, the center of the line collapsing frequently - just like this preseason - and a friggin ez pass lane at RT! but, sure....the line did such a wonderful job that there was no need to find a new left guard, a new center and draft eventual replacements for RT and RG! that strikes me as a definitive comment on the quality of line play. since the run game was reasonable...that leaves only one other possible explanation.

geepers creepers: denver passed a heck of a lot more than the Redskins but only surrendered 20 sacks! what's with dat? it's kinda easy to cherry pick when it comes to stats. and it doesn't require any real analysis to boot!

we gave up sacks because one side of our oline was a turnstile, we also threw a LOT of quicks last year which hurts the offence because teams knew and loaded up against it. im less worried about number of sacks and more worried about how many times he was hit and how many times guys came free and got a good run at him. im not gonan sugar coat it, our oline sucks and it didnt get any better this offseason in fact losing montgomery and replacing him with a guy who might not even be 6 feet tall and damn sure isnt over 290 pounds, didnt help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.