• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

2010 Draft Order (Redskins Pick 4th) - updated 1/18

Neophyte

Ring of Fame
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
I will update this once a week so the first post reflects the latest draft order. I am getting my data from WalterFootball. Ties are broken using the official NFL method of strength of schedule.

I know this will change, perhaps drastically, before the end of the season but it will likely be interesting to watch and maybe offer something to discuss.

As of 1/18 - All but the last 4 spots are set now.

1. St. Louis (1-15)
2. Detroit (2-14)
3. Tampa Bay (3-13)
4. Washington (4-12)
5. Kansas City (4-12)
6. Seattle (5-11)
7. Cleveland (5-11)
8. Oakland (5-11)
9. Buffalo (6-10)
10. Jacksonville^ (7-9)
11. Denver - from Chicago^ (7-9)
12. Miami (7-9)
13. San Francisco (8-8)
14. Seattle - from Denver (8-8)
15. New York Giants (8-8)
16. Tennessee^ (8-8)
17. San Francisco - from Carolina^ (8-8)
18. Pittsburgh (9-7)
19. Atlanta^ (9-7)
20. Houston^ (9-7)
21. Cincinnati* (10-6)
22. New England* (10-6)
23. Green Bay* (11-5)
24. Philadelphia* (11-5)
25. Baltimore* (9-7)
26. Arizona* (10-6)
27. Dallas* (11-5)
28. San Diego* (13-3)
29. New York Jets* (9-7)
30. Minnesota* (12-4)
31. New Orleans* (13-3)
32. Indianapolis* (14-2)

The Skins will also have the 5th pick in rounds 2 and 4, and the 4th pick in the rounds 5 and 7. Their 3rd rounder went for Jeremy Jarmon in last summer's supplemental draft and their 6th belongs to Miami from the Jason Taylor trade.

Last edited:
Indeed WD. Updated with latest order just now.

I bet at least Detroit ends up with a better record than us by the end. I think Schwartz is laying a good foundation for a rebirth (or maybe in Detroit it'd just be a birth LOL...not sure there's any "re" about it!). We might even be worse than St. Louis by the end, although I think it'll take Spags a bit longer there.

Where we and Detroit will land is important.
Both of us are/will be looking for a LT.

One of us will be able to get Russel Okung of OSU.

But, the good news is that at #5 we should be able to get a good player, even though I have a bad feeling it will be a QB.

I hope we are in a position to take a monster OT in the first but if we insist on keeping a WCO here in DC (against my wishes) then Sam Bradford would be damn near perfect for that kind of system, if he's healthy of course.

We are going to have a lot of holes to try to fill next off season and I don't think it can all be done in one draft. Still, we need to at least pretend we have a plan.

This thread makes me sad. Still a third of the season to go and we're already looking forward to the draft in April. :cry:

I think anyone picking in the top 10 will strongly consider Okung if he falls to them...however I don't think he will fall past the #1 overall pick. Okung is a Chris Samuels/D'Brickashaw Fergasun type OT prospect, who only comes along once every 4 or 5 years.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lanky, if Cleveland stays at #1 they will look somewhere else than Okung. They already have Joe Thomas at LT and from everything I hear, he is playing All-Pro ball. The problem is that he is the only guy on the Cleveland offense doing that.

This thread makes me sad. Still a third of the season to go and we're already looking forward to the draft in April. :cry:

I actually find this sort of stuff interesting every year, China. Win or loose, I watch the draft order through the season. Fascinates how much it can change from one week to the next. Although, I confess I started this thread more because of how bad we are right now then out of any sense of fascination.

Last edited:
Lanky, if Cleveland stays at #1 they will look somewhere else than Okung. They already have Joe Thomas at LT and from everything I hear, he is playing All-Pro ball. The problem is that he is the only guy on the Cleveland offense doing that.

That's the way I see it.
Let's look at the teams ahead of the Skins right now:
Cleveland has Joe Thomas at LT and will be looking for a QB IMO
Tampa has Donald Penn, and LT is a possiblity but I think they'll go DT and aim for Suh.
St. Louis has Jason Smith no way they draft another LT that high. I think they'll be looking for Marc Buldger's replacement.
Detroit is the ????. They have Jeff Backus is isn't that great IMO. Plus, he's a 9 year vet. Okung and Cherilus could be very nice bookends to protect Stafford for the next 10 years.

So if the Skins lose out and Detroit wins one more game, we jump them (since they beat us) and at #4 the Skins would be in prime position to draft Okung. Of course, knowing our team we'll draft a QB or a DB.

I actually find this sort of stuff interesting every year, China. Win or loose, I watch the draft order through the season. Fascinates how much it can change from one week to the next. Although, I confess I started this thread more because of how bad we are right now then out of any sense of fascination.

I enjoy the game within the game as well. Plus, come BCS bowls, the Senior Bowl and the Combine/Pro-days most of these "top picks" won't be "top picks" and will be all over the map......but it's fun to watch how it plays out.

C'mon, you know the Redskins will use their first round pick to draft safety Taylor Mays, will spend the second round pick on TE Ed Dickson of Oregon. No third round pick so the fourth and fifth round picks will go to a corner and project QB respectively. No sixth round pick. Seventh round we'll pick up an offensive lineman, ideally an undersized center we can convert to left tackle.

C'mon, you know the Redskins will use their first round pick to draft safety Taylor Mays, will spend the second round pick on TE Ed Dickson of Oregon. No third round pick so the fourth and fifth round picks will go to a corner and project QB respectively. No sixth round pick. Seventh round we'll pick up an offensive lineman, ideally an undersized center we can convert to left tackle.

C'mon, give us some credit. Snyder knows we need a franchise QB...

"With the 5th pick in the NFL draft the Washington Redskins select Tim Tebow":thud:
mad0010.gif
mad0039.gif
:twitch:
mad0137.gif

No change for our Burgundy and Gold heroes this week.

Ahhh…..the draft. As the play of the Skins has declined over the past decade plus I’ve taken a greater interest in the draft. I usually can predict the first ten picks or so until the Raiders screw things up every year, but I digress.

For the sake of argument (and this post) let’s say the current draft order holds. Let’s go over some quick needs.

1. Cleveland – Needs: Just about everything
- The Browns could go a couple of directions here. Certainly a lot will depend on who comes into coach the team as I think the genius will be history. I don’t think it’s a given they go QB at this position but it’s a possibility. Whatever they do they need to get this right and none of the QB’s are “sure things”. The safest bet would be to take Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska and wait on a QB till the 2nd round where there will still be some good value.

Hog’s best guess - Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska
Possible – QB but it’s a crap shoot as to which one as there is no clear #1.

2. Tampa Bay – Needs: Defense, WR
- The Bucs could go DT here but with Suh off the board I think they will try to sure up their secondary. A safety like Eric Berry or Taylor Mays may be in the mix here. Pre season the pick would have been the bigger Mays, but as the season unfolded Berry has set himself apart as the best safety prospect maybe since Sean Taylor.

Hog’s best guess – Eric Berry, SS, Tennessee
Possible - Dez Bryant, WR Ok State or Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma

3. St. Louis – Needs: O-Line, QB (?), WR
- The Rams have a definite hole on the O-line that has needed to be filled since Orlando Pace moved on. They have had Alex Barron fill in but his natural position is on the right side and he’s a free agent this off-season. If they keep Barron it should be for RT and they should draft Okung. A lot of people are speculating that the Rams may go QB here but Bulger isn’t the issue here IMO, it’s his protection. They could use a playmaker at WR as it seems Donnie Avery needs some help there.

Hog’s best guess – Russell Okung, OT, Ok State
Possible - Dez Bryant, WR Ok State or Sam Bradford, QB, OU

4. Detroit – Needs: DT, WR
- The Lions need to get a receiver opposite Calvin Johnson. Dez Bryant could be the weapon to help kick that offense into high gear. The Lions are a little snake bitten by taking WRs high in the draft though and Jim Schwartz is a defensive minded coach. To that end I think Dez gets passed over again and I think they look to the defensive line. Grady Jackson is no spring chicken although he’s played well.

Hog’s best guess – Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma
Possible - Dez Bryant, WR Ok State

5. Washington – Needs: OT, QB, CB
- And now we come to the root of the matter. The Skins have four legitimate concerns that they might address in first round. Most pundants will say it’s a no brainer for us to go QB here. I think if they do they will likely have the pick of the litter if the draft plays out like I see it now (and positions don’t change). Even in the worst case scenario I can’t see any more than two QBs off the board at this point. If that’s the case then we might be in the position to take Okung which would be very good news. If we decide to go OT here the next best guy is Trent Williams from Oklahoma. He slots in a little later than the 5th pick if you buy into some mocks but it would only be a minor reach here. The “reach” would be quickly forgotten if he anchors the LT slot for the next ten years. I don’t think there is a corner here worthy of a top 5 pick and we do have far more pressing needs. Current management has strong ties to Notre Dame. So….

Hog’s best guess – Jimmy Clausen, QB, Notre Dame
Possible – Trent Williams, OT, Oklahoma or Jake Locker, QB, Washington

All of this is subject to change after we see what happens in free agency. So we'll see.

Last edited:
Drafting Colt McCoy would make experiencing this train wreck of a season worthwhile.

I'll ask you Jaimie. What do you think of Tebow?

Personally I dont think he is NFL material simply because he doesnt show it and hasnt played in an NFL system in FL from what I know. But I have friends who say his work ethic is off the charts and he could become great just out of determination.

what do you think?

He's definitely got the heart and desire to perform well, and is a high-character guy, however he is an option QB with subpar accuracy and only okay speed - (compared to the 4.2-4.3-4.4 defenders he will go against every week) - meaning I see him drafted to play a gadget WR/H-Back/TE role. I think his desire will take him far in the league, but not as a QB.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.