• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

If you're Brandon Merriweather, what's your excuse ?

Merriweather has a bad rep like Harrison did when he was in SD. Harrison actually had to change teams in order to get away from it and a second chance.

Meriweather is a marked player, perhaps not undeservedly so but I think he is trying to clean up his act..... we'll see how it goes.

Merriweather has a bad rep like Harrison did when he was in SD. Harrison actually had to change teams in order to get away from it and a second chance.

But Meriweather is no Rodney Harrison. He's changed teams twice, but hasn't changed his ways at all. He's done it with all three teams, and it's actually gotten wrose

Helmet to helmet, is helmet to helmet. Unintentional doesn't matter. Except maybe to "how much" punishment is dished out.

Meriweather, due to his rep, needs to aim a foot lower than he does, minimum, to cover the other guy dropping his helmet.

He knows this. He's been told this. And yet, he refuses to do it.

Ergo, dirty, or stupid. You know my vote.

At this point, he has to fall down in front of receiver, and hope the guy trips over him. (And if he does, hope they don't brush helmets when he goes down.)

That was a BS call Saturday night. He did what he was supposed to do. If the NFL can't handle a shoulder-to-shoulder hit, issue flags.

But Meriweather is no Rodney Harrison. He's changed teams twice, but hasn't changed his ways at all. He's done it with all three teams, and it's actually gotten wrose

Not sure what that means but if you asked Rodney he said he didn't change his game; it just appeared different in a different uniform.

The league just suspended him for the first two games of the season.

I like BM and the way he plays. He's the best safety on the team IMO. I think we all want him to be 21 reincarnated, but I don't think anyone will ever be that. Many of the guys on the team have gigantic question marks on them, and BM is one of them. I hope he doesn't cost the team games with his hits, just maybe a flag here and there. Every great defense I can remember had 1 or 2 bad guys on it, comes with the territory. Him changing his style of play altogether at this stage is unlikely. If the team can be as aggressive as he is every week then I think they'll be in good shape. They are going to need all the good defense and ST we can muster if RG struggles, and if RG struggles we'll be praying for a BM big hit just to get a dose of happiness and or excitement.

meh...this argument is dead now anyways. doesn't matter what either one of us thinks now.

I am not sure what your point is anymore...but you win.

...I just thought he might have waited till the regular season before doing something to get suspended...
He's got to know he's a marked man; why even get close in preseason?

Besides, I had him getting his first suspension in weeks 5 & 6 in the pool - right after the Seahawks game.
just cost me a 6 pack...of good beer...:dispirited:

yeah, I can afford it

...if I save up

...for a month...:behead2:

nick-sunberg.png

bwaaaaaaaaaahahahahahaa...that's gonna cost ya

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.