• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Skins Quotes Post-Game vs. Browns: Redskins Players

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
August 18, 2014
FedExField

Quarterback Robert Griffin III

On sliding to avoid hits:
“I got caught in an awkward situation on the first one. I tried to slide. It was a bad attempt at a slide. And then on their sideline, I was in a situation there where I thought I was going to be able to get out of bounds, and he was running out of bounds with [tight end] Jordan Reed and he came back in. I had to protect myself, so that’s why I put my shoulder down. And then my third attempt was very successful. I got down and got out of harm’s way. It’s good to be continually a work in progress focusing on getting down in those situations, knowing when to fight for extra yards and when not to. The fans have nothing to worry about there. I’ll keep getting better at that, I promise you that.”

On if he saw progress from the last game:
“Oh yeah, I think it was. I think we are moving along nicely. It’s just that we are getting too many penalties whether it is on myself – false starts – or anything else in between. We’ve got to overcome those things and shut those down so we can be a football team that consistently wins.”

On if the penalties are from preseason jitters or if they are serious mistakes:
“Anytime they throw a flag it’s a mistake. You just have to deal with what they call. Honestly, with the holding calls that they’re calling, please Jesus keep calling them because it definitely helps as an offense. Like I said, I can clean up whatever I did wrong on the false starts, make the change there and try not to move on some of those hard counts. Overall, I think [Head] Coach [Jay Gruden] was pleased. We got the win and we did move the ball well. We just have to clean up the little details, which is what this is all about in preseason and training camp.”

On progress based specifically on how he played tonight:
“I just think we did a good job getting our weapons involved. DeSean [Jackson] had some catches, Andre Roberts, Pierre [Garçon], and just finding different ways to get the ball in their hands and let them make plays. As far as me personally, it’s just being a quarterback and I enjoy the process of continually getting better. And I thank God to have these guys in the locker room to help me.”

Linebacker Ryan Kerrigan

On his two sacks:
“I definitely thought the second one was more of a coverage sack than anything, so thanks to D-Hall [cornerback DeAngelo Hall] and all of those guys back there for making [Johnny] Manziel hold on to the ball a little longer. And when you get one unblocked, you have to win those matchups and fortunately, I was able to do that.”

On good habits he’s seeing from the defense:
“I’ve seen a lot of three-and-outs from the ones and that’s always encouraging. That’s what you want to do. You want to keep an opposing team’s defense on the field as long as possible. When our offense was moving the ball like we were able to, I know we had some turnovers in the first half, but they were still able to move the ball and kill a lot of clock. When we can get three-and-outs and keep their defense on the field, that’s what we want to do.”

On if he did anything special to record two sacks on the night:
“Not really. It felt good when I came out there tonight and I was fortunately able to get the first one out of the way on a miscommunication on their part in the first play of the game. After you get that first one out of the way, you’re a little more relaxed. And when I got the second one, it felt really good.”

On practicing on the right side and switching with fellow linebacker Brian Orakpo during the game:
“We had thought about kind of rotating a little bit from the right and left side, 'Rak and I, but throughout the game 'Rak and I talked and he was like, 'No, I want to keep working on the right side.’ So we kept it as is.”

Wide Receiver Ryan Grant

On his touchdown catch:
“They were playing man-to-man. I believe it was high-low. I got a good release at the line. Kirk [Cousins] threw a great ball. I came down with the catch and put six on the board.”

Wide Receiver Desean Jackson

On playing in his first game with the Redskins:
“It felt great. Second preseason game, I missed the first one. Me and [wide receiver] Pierre [Garçon] was able to get out there after missing the first preseason game and just fly around and get on the same page as [Quarterback] RG [Robert Griffin III] and just do some great things. I think we had a couple of great drives. It felt great to get out there and play finally.”

On catching short passes:
“People don’t really realize that I can do it all – short, deep and mid-range. I just like to consider myself an all-around receiver. Don’t look at me as just being a deep threat. Making short passes into long gains is something I love to do. The opportunities will present itself and I’m going to go out there and make the most out of it.”

On this week’s schedule and seeing time against Baltimore:
“I think we’ll play a half. Today we played like a quarter and a series or two into the second quarter. Maybe we get out there and play two quarters versus a very good team, very physical team with a great defense. We just look forward to who we play on Saturday. This week we’ll probably have two or three days of work days and then get ready for our game. Honestly, I’m just looking forward to that first week in Houston. We got two more games left and from there that’s when the real deal is and when everything counts.”

Knock on wood!!

Kerrigan thanking the CBs for his sack...you cant beat a good guy who shares praise in hard work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.