• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

What the hell is wrong with Directv?!

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
For at least the past 4 seasons, I have shelled out BIG $$ in order to get all of my beloved Redskins games streamed to my laptop via Directv's NFL Sunday Ticket Online app. The service hasn't been great. Poor picture quality, unreliable streams, buffering issues, and all at a very expensive cost. But it's been the only way for me to get Redskins games every weekend.

I can't get Directv satellite reception. My house sits a good 10 feet below street level, on the downward slope of a hill. I'm surrounded by huge trees on every side. I've had Directv come out at least twice over the past decade. The answer is always the same. To have any chance of getting a reliable Directv signal, I'd have to pay to have a tower (yeah, I said a 'tower'!) built on my property. And even then, the serviceman said they could not guarantee satellite reception.

Hence, Directv NFL Sunday Ticket Online. Even for the past 4 or 5 years, it was obvious that Directv did not really want folks to take advantage of this service. You had to hunt/scour the internet like hell even to find the option available. I suppose they are deathly afraid that folks will subscribe to the service just for NFL Sunday Ticket and bypass Directv altogether - nevermind that someone who's already decided they don't want a Directv package isn't going to subscribe JUST to get NFL Sunday Ticket.

This year, our friends at Directv have decided they'll offer the online version (available either through laptop, PC, or gaming systems) but ONLY if you are in a handful of large cities, a student at a handful of universities, or live in an apartment building that can't get Directv.

I'm going to call and I'm going to rant and rave. Part of me wants to just say '**** it' and stop even trying to give Directv my money. But with the rise of the Panthers here in NC, I'll get very few Skins games via regular cable. That leaves me with options I don't care for - looking for bootleg streams, going to a bar, or listening on internet radio.

Thanks a lot Directv! You've got to be the only company in America with an absolute monopoly on one of the most popular products ever who appear NOT to want me to give my money to you. Idiots.

Dang..I know with the TV package you can get it free every other year.

The price is a huge gouge but, like you said, it's a monopoly. They know they got you by the short and curlies.

I generally don't show my *** to customer service people, but I'm going to make an exception this year.

Make sure you have on clean underwear

Can you define 'clean'?

If they make your nose hairs curl..that's not them

It could be worse...

You could have service from a certain company that starts with a "C", ends in a "T" and has letters in the middle such as, "O", "M", "C", "A", "S".

May take a look at UVerse at some point.

Thanks Nathan - I appreciate it - I wasn't aware there was such a thing. Maybe I'll listen to the game on the radio and chat with the boys, then watch the game rewind version. Not the same as watching it live, but I've about had it with Directv. Thanks again!

I'm going to watch the entire 2012 season all over again. Thanks again Nathan...

Wow, that's ridiculous. I hate DirecTV for multiple reasons, the majority of which involve Sunday Ticket and Redskins games. It'll be interesting to see what their response is on this. Sorry you have to deal with it though.

On an unrelated topic - I watched both Dallas games from 2012 and it's surprising how effective our defense was during the stretch of consecutive wins that propelled us into the playoffs. We had a ball-hawking, blitzing, aggressive defense. In fact, we credit Griffin so much for that run, and he (and Cousins) deserve credit for it. But it was really our defense and Almo that got us most of the way there. I'm not saying Haslett is a great DC. But he may be a little better (stats or no stats) than we ever allow. And if we could ever teach Tyler Polumbus to pass protect, he might be a pretty good lineman. Because he CAN run block pretty well. I think 'the collapse' last season has overly colored our assessment of this team. And we are a much better team talent-wise now than we were in 2012.

I have and despise Directv. Unfortunately, I'm in an area Cox has a monopoly on, so options are extremely limited. No Time Warner, no Comcast, no Charter, no AT&T, no Fios. My options are Cox (who is the worst of the worst), Dish (which was great when I had it, but had this habit of jacking up the price every other month, and Directv. Anyone who has had them knows they suck, but I'm in a lesser of evils situation here in VB.

I like directv. Had to deal with time warner, dish, and at&t before and I always felt like dtv offered more channels.

Plus now that we get the nfl package free every other year is even better. That package has gotten expensive!

I don't have any issue with Directv other than the fact that their approach to NFL Sunday Ticket is mindless. Bottom line is that there are countless potential customers just like me, who can't get satellite reception, want to pay out the nose for Sunday Ticket, and who they've arbitrarily decided they won't offer the service to. It's just absolutely stupid.

Yeah, that's a shitty deal. Maybe a bucket full of bees will help?

I do the game rewind but the ridiculous blackout rules prevent you from viewing the game if it is on Sunday afternoon until like midnight or 1 am on monday. You can't watch the game you want to while there are other games on (period). There are no football fans working at directv. I hate them so much I didn't go on a 2nd date with a gal out in LA because she worked in their legal department. Looker too. I like it when other people are as pissed as me... and what's up with blacking out Redskins nation on CSN? Last I checked we paid for those channels. Asshats.

I like directv. Had to deal with time warner, dish, and at&t before and I always felt like dtv offered more channels.

Plus now that we get the nfl package free every other year is even better. That package has gotten expensive!

How do you get it free every other year? I got DTV when we moved and got sunday ticket for free this year, is there a certain plan I need to be on to do that?

Nope..just tell them that you know about it and they will offer it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.