• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Zach Boyer: Bashaud Breeland Busted With Pot

if its in his system, sure. but if it was just in his car he can pull the ol Irvin "that's not MY crackpipe" routine.

I'm not sure how the league looks at a player on suspension in regards to the number of players we can keep. Does he count while on suspension?

Now we likely have to keep Porter or Crawford.

If this brain surgeon just cost Redd or one of our WRs a job, I'm going to be pissed.

Dumbass.

Having said that, the NFL has a pot problem. The fact that Ray Rice got two games, and this clown is gonna get 4 is looney tunes. They need to address this.

Hard to argue Fear. I've always put a higher priority on not drafting knuckleheads than most fans. For years, all I heard was that Fred Davis was so 'talented' and was about to break out. Break out a blunt maybe. Now he's just broke.

This kid will either get a wake up call and straighten up, or he won't. I'd almost be tempted to cut him to send a message if I were a brand new head coach.

I'm not aware of any prior legal trouble. I do know he went headhunting on Jameis Winston, and was suspended a game for doing so.

Yeah, I don't see any prior drug history, at least not any arrests or disciplinary action at Clemson. Pretty dumb move rook.

Just remember, Trent Williams got 4 games too. Look how he is now. It isn't always the end of the world, as stupid as a shot in the foot it is.

at least not any arrests or disciplinary action at Clemson.

According to TFY Draft Insider's Tony Pauline, Clemson DB Bashaud Breeland could "take a tumble" down the draft after recently having "several run-ins with the law."
Most were minor, but they include an arrest for driving without a license and driving over 100MPH.
"Breeland's classroom habits are also a concern," Pauline wrote. NFL teams are allegedly questioning Breeland's "maturity." To this point in the process, Breeland has been a projected second-day pick.

http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/nfl/9585/bashaud-breeland

Just remember, Trent Williams got 4 games too. Look how he is now. It isn't always the end of the world, as stupid as a shot in the foot it is.

It's not a similar comparison when you look at a guy with an isolated incident like Trent, and compare him to a guy with repeated incidents

I don't know if Trent Williams had previous issues in his past, but it's quite possible. And it may not have been an isolated incident with him - he may just have been smart enough not to get caught. And someone ought to tell Breeland he's no Trent Williams.

Well, it's amazing what one little event can do to a team. This likely makes the secondary our weakest unit. John Keim has said that Crawford "looks terrible" and that Porter has been "disappointing."

One of those will likely be our nickel corner for the first four games of the season.

And next draft? I hear you, O-line people. But D Hall will be a year older, and we'll have Amerson holding down one side.

You can pencil in a CB in the first two rounds. I'd love a safety or another O-lineman, but we're also going to need a CB now.

I don't think this has any impact on next year's draft. I'm not following the logic there. He'll get a couple games to think about what a dumb**** he is, and then they'll work him back into the lineup. It pisses me off, but if we thought Breeland was going to be the key to our secondary (especially early this season), we were likely kidding ourselves. Amerson is the key, and keeping DHall on the field.

how does this kid getting busted with weed reflect on the entire team?

why are people so quick to dog this organization?

This kid is the idiot, not the scouting dept. He was a good pick for a 4th round and a position we need. A lot of players have been busted for drugs so why is it all of a sudden "the skins never learn"?

There's still Biggers and Minnifield who could pan out, at least for depth

Not super impressed with Biggers so far. Big Chase fan; I hope so.

I don't think this has any impact on next year's draft. I'm not following the logic there. He'll get a couple games to think about what a dumb**** he is, and then they'll work him back into the lineup. It pisses me off, but if we thought Breeland was going to be the key to our secondary (especially early this season), we were likely kidding ourselves. Amerson is the key, and keeping DHall on the field.

Just the thought that D Hall won't last forever, and that first year corners usually get toasted. If you want an Amerson-like emergence, you had better draft him next year.

It would be nice to have Amerson on one side, and Breeland on the other for years to come. That's obviously now a bit of a gamble.

I don't think it reflects on them - yet. But if he turns out to be a knucklehead like Fred Davis, they'll absolutely have made a big mistake in judgment. Right now, you're right, he's just a dumb**** who just hurt himself and his team before he's even played a live down.

Meh, he likely would have seen little or no playing time in the first 4 games anyway, so that's not the biggest concern.

The bigger concern is that he and the team take the necessary steps to get his head screwed on straight, and the team starts raising its standards on character.

The good news is, that this is the best time it could have happened. It occurs while the team is evaluating talent for their final roster, and Breeland's suspension could be just the thing that puts someone like Minnifield over the edge to make the team. If Minnifield continues to show he has comparable talent to Breeland, but without the character and legal issues, that could earn him a spot. But if Breeland didn't have this incident until later on, Minnifield might have already been cut, and claimed by another team.

Not super impressed with Biggers so far. Big Chase fan; I hope so.

Just the thought that D Hall won't last forever, and that first year corners usually get toasted. If you want an Amerson-like emergence, you had better draft him next year.

It would be nice to have Amerson on one side, and Breeland on the other for years to come. That's obviously now a bit of a gamble.

Yeah, but this little incident has no bearing on our cornerback situation long-term. It's no more of a 'gamble' now than it was yesterday, unless Breeland doesn't learn and makes repeated mistakes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.