• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Pride Rears It's Head...

Let's just say we all care and get back to psoting about how ****ty the pukes played, eh? :grouphug:

Otherwise I'm gonna have to stop the car:)

Let's just say we all care and get back to psoting about how ****ty the pukes played, eh? :grouphug:

Otherwise I'm gonna have to stop the car:)

Campbell got really lucky. Not sure how well you could see it on TV, but the first pass JC had knocked down by Spencer was going to be a pick-6 for the Girls. Mike Jenkins had the route read all the way, and Campbell was locked in on the target (Moss I think?). He was breaking on the ball, and ran almost all the way to the endzone, and looked very frustrated.

I don't think anyone's calling the offense heroic. I think the word that was lost in the shuffle was pride, and I'd have to agree with Boone in the sense that I was proud of the way they played, for the most part anyway. And this season, that's been rare.

I'm glad we gave them a game, sure. However, we've lost a LOT of games to Dallas at the end of the fourth quarter before. Not sure the last time that made me feel all warm and fuzzy. :)

Sure, the offense is still struggling. The false starts are back breaking. The missed kicks lost the game. But considering that we were a team that had every reason to roll over and call it a season (like I think we partially did last year), I was pleased at the way we went into Dallas and straight up dominated them, despite not having our two best offensive lineman, our two best running backs, our Pro Bowl tight end, and our All Pro defense tackle.

Had we rolled over last year by week 11? That week with about 4 minutes to go in the game we were clinging to a 10-7 lead over the Cowboys when Romo threw the go-ahead TD pass to Bennett. Ballgame.

I guess that might have been more disappointing because we didn't think we sucked yet, but I don't remember feeling too much pride at the time.

I don't mean to be too much of a downer, but, like I said, I'm kinda way past moral victories. Especially against Dallas.

Last edited:
I'm happy that we lost by a lot less then I thought we would. :thumbsup:

Both teams are going nowhere. We just got there first.

It's strange. I didn't sit down to see the game. Heard most of it on the radio driving the Stang around. But it seemed like there was some kind of intangible there. Something that was unlike the other weeks on the Sins sidelines

In the early part of the season, especially when the skid started, it just seemed like a lot of players just didn't care that they looked like ass. No attitude, other then hanging their heads on the sidelines

Yesterday, it's hard to describe, but it's like a football team showed up and gave a damn. Not a very good football team mind you, but a quasi-competative team nonetheless

Make sense?

Maybe the team is starting to play for Zorn, or maybe for their futures, but they were playing

The offense isn't simply struggling.

It's going nowhere fast.

It is truly putrid. I'd put this offense up against any of the offenses we've had over the last 10 years (and the Redskins have had some really bad offenses) as the worst offense the team has had.

It is not simply struggling.

I was listening to several announcers use the term anemic to describe our offensive effort yesterday. I cannot think of a much better term to describe our offense. The one thing I did not like to hear is the issue of the team getting split in two. The defense continues to go out and play their hearts out performing better than most in the NFL while our offense continues to look like a huge piece of ****. I thought the offense was beginning to get comfortable w/ Sherm Lewis. What happened?

Mike, as for blaming Jason Campbell for the missed FG, I do not blame him for the kick that is on Suisham and nobody else. What I was trying to explain to Boone is that if JC had simply thrown that ball out of bounds when he got outside the pocket, the whole review, penalty, reversal situation would never have occurred. Watch the tape again if you can.

On 2nd down JC felt some pressure and scrambled to his right, he saw nothing open and was running for the sideline, he almost stepped out of bounds about 4 yards behind the line of scrimmage when he half heartedly threw the ball out of bounds. If when he had reached the edge he had thrown the ball away, the Skins would have had 3rd and 6 with about 18 to 19 seconds left in the half instead of 15, a number that seemed to strike fear in the coaches to trust JC with a shot in the end zone.

It is my contention that if he had thrown it away, the coaches would have felt more comfortable attempting a pass into the end zone. If nothing else there would not have been 6-8 minutes for Suisham to sit on the sideline thinking about the kick.

Ultimately the kick was Suisham's fault, but it is the responsibility of the QB to pay attention to the situation at hand to enable to team the best possible chance to score. Jason Campbell has not done this all year in the 2 minute drill. He continues to lack the ability to handle the pressure to perform this drill and yesterday his lack of ability cost us a better chance at points. He was handling pressure earlier in the game by standing in the pocket, but in this case like throughout the year he failed.

I'm very proud of the way our guys fought their guts out. Feel bad for the D. With effort they put in they should have been rewarded with a W.

This loss is squarely on Vinny. With decent depth on OL I feel Campbell could have torched Dallas.

Had a Cowboy fan come by today, but he said can't say much because we were lucky. He went on to say Romo sucks...which I agree. Has been a quiet day in regards to Cowboy fans calling.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.